PDA

View Full Version : Saw some strange things in a coop tonight

Oilburner_TAW
11-21-2004, 10:40 PM
Ok, maybe everybody else knows this, but carriers repair themselves. I was flying a loooong sbd mission and I was shotdown at the japanese carrier. I just left the camera view on the carrier and when the last wave of sbd's left it was smoking from 2 different areas. After a while it stopped smoking at one, then later it quit smoking all together. That was strange enough. However, then a flight of zero's spawned on the deck and took off.

Observation/question..
I didn't know about ships repairing themselves.

and...

How do you build a mission where plane spawn is delayed or does this just happen when a flight is AI only?? EDIT: and when I say delayed, I mean this was about 30 min into the mission...

thanks

Oilburner_TAW
11-21-2004, 10:40 PM
Ok, maybe everybody else knows this, but carriers repair themselves. I was flying a loooong sbd mission and I was shotdown at the japanese carrier. I just left the camera view on the carrier and when the last wave of sbd's left it was smoking from 2 different areas. After a while it stopped smoking at one, then later it quit smoking all together. That was strange enough. However, then a flight of zero's spawned on the deck and took off.

Observation/question..

and...

How do you build a mission where plane spawn is delayed or does this just happen when a flight is AI only?? EDIT: and when I say delayed, I mean this was about 30 min into the mission...

thanks

JR_Greenhorn
11-21-2004, 10:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Oilburner_TAW:
How do you build a mission where plane spawn is delayed or does this just happen when a flight is AI only?? EDIT: and when I say delayed, I mean this was about 30 min into the mission... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I don't do anything with online-type missions, but in single player missions you can set planes to spawn at any time by setting the time for the takeoff waypoint. I would guess that multiplayer coop missions work the same way. Maybe someone else can clarify?

Tully__
11-22-2004, 03:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JR_Greenhorn:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Oilburner_TAW:
How do you build a mission where plane spawn is delayed or does this just happen when a flight is AI only?? EDIT: and when I say delayed, I mean this was about 30 min into the mission... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I don't do anything with online-type missions, but in single player missions you can set planes to spawn at any time by setting the time for the takeoff waypoint. I would guess that multiplayer coop missions work the same way. Maybe someone else can clarify? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep. Set mission start (time of day) time in the Edit/Conditions menu and all first waypoints default to this time. Then change the time of a first waypoint to later and the planes will spawn at that time.

Freycinet
11-22-2004, 05:21 AM
Observation/question..
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ehhh, well, that happened all the time in WWII. All ships had damage repair crews who were crucial to the survival of warships. The US had much better damage repair crews than the Japanese, but every nation had them.

Oilburner_TAW
11-22-2004, 07:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Freycinet:
Observation/question..
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ehhh, well, that happened all the time in WWII. All ships had damage repair crews who were crucial to the survival of warships. The US had much better damage repair crews than the Japanese, but every nation had them. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL, yeah, i figured in real life the crews might try to fix the damage vs. just saying screw it, jump in the drink. I was commenting on the fact that this appears to be happening in PF.

Korbelz
11-22-2004, 09:10 AM
i saw the same but i don't think the ship is getting fixed.
now that AAA guns are killable when you kill them they smoke..but only for a while. after the smoke stops the gun doesn't seem to work anymore...so i don't think the carrier is getting fixed your just seeing the AAA guns smoking