PDA

View Full Version : 1.2 Beta feedback on FMB

XyZspineZyX
11-08-2003, 07:05 PM
THINGS THAT ARE NICE TO SEE:

Tents were a good addition, particularly in view of fast changing air group location after the Allied push toward Germany began.

Telephone poles add a nice detail element. The mission builder should use them wisely.

Concrete bunkers, pillboxes and sandbag emplacements add more realism for missions centered along the "Atlantic Wall".

Palm tree assortment is good. I think perhaps the shade of green is too light and bright. The palm trees here in Florida are a much darker green and more subdued.

Inclusion of vehicles, tanks and artillery with US markings.

THINGS THAT NEED FIXING:

The "Quonset Hut" style of arched metal building usually used around airfields (object #107 & #118 in v1.2b) are untextured. In v1.11 they were objects #59 & #107 and had texture detail.

Object #8 in v1.11 was the castle at Yalta, but in v1.2b appears blank in my Object viewer.

THINGS THAT WOULD BE NICE TO SEE:

It would be helpful if all new objects were added to the end of the v1.11 list rather than interspersed like in v1.2b. Many of we mission builders have made lists cataloging what each of the objects are for quick reference. New lists will have to be made requiring shuffling of all the objects and their numbers whereas, if the new objects were simply added at the end of the list, we could make simple additions. Not a "make or break" issue if it entails significant work or delay of the final 1.2, but it would be helpful.

Ability to choose national markings for stationary aircraft. Presently, all stationary Allied aircraft have Russian markings and all Axis aircraft appear as German (even Japanese aircraft). Granted, there is the option of choosing "None" and no markings will appear, Allied or Axis, but it would be nice to be able to select them just as with the flyables.

Landing craft added to Objects/Ships, particularly for use in the Normandy and Pacific maps.

All in all, the additional objects are a welcome treat and give the mission builders more tools in their box. Thanks!

XyZspineZyX
11-08-2003, 07:05 PM
THINGS THAT ARE NICE TO SEE:

Tents were a good addition, particularly in view of fast changing air group location after the Allied push toward Germany began.

Telephone poles add a nice detail element. The mission builder should use them wisely.

Concrete bunkers, pillboxes and sandbag emplacements add more realism for missions centered along the "Atlantic Wall".

Palm tree assortment is good. I think perhaps the shade of green is too light and bright. The palm trees here in Florida are a much darker green and more subdued.

Inclusion of vehicles, tanks and artillery with US markings.

THINGS THAT NEED FIXING:

The "Quonset Hut" style of arched metal building usually used around airfields (object #107 & #118 in v1.2b) are untextured. In v1.11 they were objects #59 & #107 and had texture detail.

Object #8 in v1.11 was the castle at Yalta, but in v1.2b appears blank in my Object viewer.

THINGS THAT WOULD BE NICE TO SEE:

It would be helpful if all new objects were added to the end of the v1.11 list rather than interspersed like in v1.2b. Many of we mission builders have made lists cataloging what each of the objects are for quick reference. New lists will have to be made requiring shuffling of all the objects and their numbers whereas, if the new objects were simply added at the end of the list, we could make simple additions. Not a "make or break" issue if it entails significant work or delay of the final 1.2, but it would be helpful.

Ability to choose national markings for stationary aircraft. Presently, all stationary Allied aircraft have Russian markings and all Axis aircraft appear as German (even Japanese aircraft). Granted, there is the option of choosing "None" and no markings will appear, Allied or Axis, but it would be nice to be able to select them just as with the flyables.

Landing craft added to Objects/Ships, particularly for use in the Normandy and Pacific maps.

All in all, the additional objects are a welcome treat and give the mission builders more tools in their box. Thanks!

XyZspineZyX
11-08-2003, 07:20 PM
Good post and a valueable point made there Spectre.

XyZspineZyX
11-08-2003, 07:27 PM
yep bump /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif
oh and please make sure that campaigns ppl have made dont suffer from the wrong plane bug, where player ends up in wrong plane /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

whineingu /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
11-08-2003, 08:15 PM
Things need to be fixed on the Zero:

I landet a Zero, turned of the engine, but there was still a sound in the cockpit (don't know what it was). It was only inside the cockpit. I checked the outside (F2), where I couldn`t find this sound.

Light bug: if you turn on the cockpit lights in the zero
there is a light bug on the right lamp. (this flashlight thing has light on the top)

Bomb holders on the Zero are missing

The inside collour on Gearboxes and flaps on the Zero should be grey (like the underwing colour). It would look much better but maybe this is a skin question.

Flaps of the radiator don't close on the ground

XyZspineZyX
11-09-2003, 01:53 AM
I have a stupid question - but - the problems and such that you are posting - they do not apply to the "Final 1.2 Public Release Candidate" do they?

I think that posting problems at this point is rather worthless as no one has the official public release candidate. And these problems may or may not have been fixed from the 1.2 leaked beta

They say the early bird gets the worm - but the second mouse gets the cheese!

XyZspineZyX
11-09-2003, 02:16 AM
You live in Florida!!?!? Cool! B)

<center>Golden Eagle-ProudBirds-VFW
http://www.uploadit.org/files/241003-logo_sm2.jpg (http://proudbirdswing.tripod.com/proudbirds.htm)
<marquee><FONT COLOR="RED"><FONT SIZE="+1">"The ProudBirds..Fly High and Proud..~S~"<FONT SIZE> </marquee></center>

Message Edited on 11/09/0301:18AM by PBNA-GoldnEagle

XyZspineZyX
11-09-2003, 02:58 AM
ZG77_Spectre wrote:
- THINGS THAT WOULD BE NICE TO SEE:
-
- It would be helpful if all new objects were added to
- the end of the v1.11 list rather than interspersed
- like in v1.2b. Many of we mission builders have
- made lists cataloging what each of the objects are
- for quick reference. New lists will have to be made
- requiring shuffling of all the objects and their
- numbers whereas, if the new objects were simply
- added at the end of the list, we could make simple
- additions. Not a "make or break" issue if it
- entails significant work or delay of the final 1.2,
- but it would be helpful.
-

Just a quick heads up on the objects, for those of you who had a list before:

Old 1-16 the same
17-24 *NEW* French(?) castles and buildings etc.
Old 17-68 now numbered 25-76
77-79 *NEW* Tents in summer
Old 69-115 now numbered 80-126
127-129 *NEW* Tents in winter
Old 116-129 now numbered 130-143
144-157 *NEW* Power lines and gun emplacements
Old 130-139 now mumbered 158-167
168-175 *NEW* Palm trees
Old 140-309 now numbered 176-345

Cheers!

<CENTER>

http://www.apqa16.dsl.pipex.com/sigpic.jpg
</CENTER>

XyZspineZyX
11-09-2003, 03:24 AM
Dunkelgrun wrote:
- Just a quick heads up on the objects, for those of
- you who had a list before:
-
- Old 1-16 the same
- 17-24 *NEW* French(?) castles and buildings etc.
- Old 17-68 now numbered 25-76
- 77-79 *NEW* Tents in summer
- Old 69-115 now numbered 80-126
- 127-129 *NEW* Tents in winter
- Old 116-129 now numbered 130-143
- 144-157 *NEW* Power lines and gun emplacements
- Old 130-139 now mumbered 158-167
- 168-175 *NEW* Palm trees
- Old 140-309 now numbered 176-345

Great overview, Dunkelgrun. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the final 1.2 offers. In any case, it's nice to see more FMB objects, although there are many significant landmark structures depicted that we will probably never use. I can't see a need to locate another Reichstagg on a mission map, but it's there should anyone choose to do so.

ZG77_Nagual
11-09-2003, 03:35 AM
Well said Spectre. Nice to see some articulate non-flight model critique. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

http://pws.chartermi.net/~cmorey/pics/whiner.jpg

XyZspineZyX
11-09-2003, 03:37 AM
ZG77_Spectre wrote:
- Object #8 in v1.11 was the castle at Yalta, but
- in v1.2b appears blank in my Object viewer.

I don't see it in the object viewer of 1.11 either unless I resize the viewer box to maximum, then it appears at the top. Reason: It's hovering in the air as long as it is not placed on the big rock.

ZG77_Spectre wrote:
- Ability to choose national markings for stationary aircraft.
- Presently, all stationary Allied aircraft have Russian markings
- and all Axis aircraft appear as German (even Japanese aircraft).
- Granted, there is the option of choosing "None" and no markings
- will appear, Allied or Axis, but it would be nice to be able to select
- them just as with the flyables.

According to Oleg's post in the Mission Builder Forum this will be included in 1.2 RC. See http://forums.ubi.com/messages/message_view-topic.asp?name=missionbuilder&id=zzqwn :

Oleg_Maddox wrote:
-3. For stic aircraft will be possible to set US markings in 1.2RC.
- The code for that is changed. You don't need to set None.

---------------
http://home.arcor.de/rayluck/sturmovik/stulogo-banner.jpg (http://home.arcor.de/rayluck/sturmovik/)

Kampagne für IL-2 1.2: I-16 - Kampf im Kaukasus (Deutsch) (http://home.arcor.de/rayluck/sturmovik/kampagne.html)

XyZspineZyX
11-09-2003, 06:18 AM
I went ahead and installed RC01 over 1.2b and there is the option to set markings for static aircraft in the FMB. I revised all my maps now so the static planes have appropriate nationality markings. Very nice addition and easy to use /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif .

<center>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I/JG1 Oesau (http://jg1-oesau.org) is recruiting. Join us!

Stab.I/JG1Death at HL, Maj_Death at Ubi.com

At the start of WW2 the German army lacked experienced anti-aircraft gunners. The average gunner was so bad that the USSR decided to help them out. They did it by forcing some of their pilots to fly I-153 flak magnets. These planes were slow but very sturdy. This allowed German anti-aircraft gunners to get a large amount of target practice on a relatively small number of planes. Thanks to the Soviets help, by the end of the war the German anti-aircraft gunners were amoung the best in the world.</center>

XyZspineZyX
11-09-2003, 01:10 PM
Thanks plumps and MajDeath. I didn't get any part of the RC stuff, so once again I'm behind the curve. It will be a welcome addition. As in the Yalta castle, I didn't resize my object viewer window and I know some items still cannot be viewed in their entirety within the window due to their presentation angle. I usually just drop one in question on a map and use the 3D view to check it out if there's a question.

Yep, Nagual, for every one thing that might be wrong in FB there are hundreds of things that are right. This is still the best flight sim yet, IMHO, and about the only game I play. All work by 1C:Maddox is appreciated.