PDA

View Full Version : Dangerous CPU temps?

Amon26
01-26-2005, 11:48 AM
"Good neews everyone"

For those that read about my comp going down, it's back up. I bought an MSI Motherboard and it's been running good so far, but I am worried about the CPU temperature a little.

Before, on my original Motherboard, my cpu temp was around 45-50 on average. Now, its 50-55 (celcius) I'm worrying that maybe I didn't re-install the heatsink right? Anyway, it seems to stick around these temps. Is that dangerous?

Amon26
01-26-2005, 11:48 AM
"Good neews everyone"

For those that read about my comp going down, it's back up. I bought an MSI Motherboard and it's been running good so far, but I am worried about the CPU temperature a little.

Before, on my original Motherboard, my cpu temp was around 45-50 on average. Now, its 50-55 (celcius) I'm worrying that maybe I didn't re-install the heatsink right? Anyway, it seems to stick around these temps. Is that dangerous?

Heavy_Weather
01-26-2005, 11:55 AM
you might need to purchase a better CPU fan and heatsink, perferably the copper based heatsink, they seem to dessipate heat better, also make sure you have enough compound solution applied between the CPU chip and the heatsink itself.

Worf101
01-26-2005, 12:00 PM
Assuming your Proc is an AMD, I've heard that some Socket 939 MSI Boards "misread" CPU temps by a wide margin. Supposed a driver update will fix it but I'm not sure. Try that and see if it works.

Da Worfster

steve_v
01-26-2005, 01:36 PM
The amd athlon XP processors will begin to have errors/ system failures betwen 55-60*C under laod. Even those temps are not dangerous in terms of cpu damage. Best conditions are 50*C or below under load.

1.JaVA_Razer
01-26-2005, 02:26 PM
IF it's a P4 with Prescott core, don't wory, prescotts are real hotheads http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

cooling it down more is always good!

Big_Bad_Wulf
01-26-2005, 02:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by steve_v:
The amd athlon XP processors will begin to have errors/ system failures betwen 55-60*C under laod. Even those temps are not dangerous in terms of cpu damage. Best conditions are 50*C or below under load. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Errors between 55-60?C?!? Don`t think so.
AMD can handle temps between 70-80?C, but it will shorten the lifetime.
55?C-60?C is absolutely ok.

The difference can be not enough/to much heat sink compound. Or, if your board has an external sensor under the DIE, the sensor is now closer to the DIE.

WTE_Galway
01-26-2005, 02:43 PM
The new prescotts run hotter than any AMD

and the stock HSF unit can be very noisy at full speed

steve_v
01-26-2005, 03:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big_Bad_Wulf:
55?C-60?C is absolutely ok. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>You sir, are mistaken. So very, very mistaken. http://home.earthlink.net/~viner45/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/082.gif

ParaB
01-26-2005, 03:34 PM
My AMD2600+ runs at up to 64?C under full load, 55?C normal. Never had ANY problems since I bought it 12 months ago.

So, unless you can back up your statement with facts I'd call it bollocks.

steve_v
01-26-2005, 03:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ParaB:
My AMD2600+ runs at up to 64?C under full load, 55?C normal. Never had ANY problems since I bought it 12 months ago.

So, unless you can back up your statement with facts I'd call it bollocks. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Been in the forums too long to acknowledge these claims as acceptable under any conditions. So, unless you can back up your statement with facts I'd call it bollocks. http://home.earthlink.net/~viner45/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/117.gif

ParaB
01-26-2005, 04:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by steve_v:
Been in the forums too long to acknowledge these claims as acceptable under any conditions. So, unless you can back up your statement with facts I'd call it bollocks. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was you who stated that "The amd athlon XP processors will begin to have errors/ system failures betwen 55-60*C under laod.". I merely pointed out that in my case this was not true. If you make such a broad statement you should back it up with facts.

adlabs6
01-26-2005, 04:14 PM
Better watch it guys, this thread will be locked next. That FS2004 thread was locked, despite being constructive all the way through. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/354.gif

FoolTrottel
01-26-2005, 04:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Amon26:
"Good neews everyone"

Before, on my original Motherboard, my cpu temp was around 45-50 on average. Now, its 50-55 (celcius) I'm worrying that maybe I didn't re-install the heatsink right? Anyway, it seems to stick around these temps. Is that dangerous? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Depending on CPU it could be bad, or not...
I've had similar experience, my Aopen board ran much lower in temps than a later Albatron. ('bout 10C lower). My P4 2.4Ghz is on idle now at 43C on the Albatron. On load it may get to 58C, in summertime even higher...
The Albatron board gives way better performance though...(Dual channel memory which the Aopen didn't do)

steve_v
01-26-2005, 04:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by adlabs6:
Better watch it guys, this thread will be locked next. That FS2004 thread was locked, despite being constructive all the way through. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/354.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Don't think thats going to happen. (I'm a mod.)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ParaB:
It was _you_ who stated that _"The amd athlon XP processors will begin to have errors/ system failures betwen 55-60*C under laod."_. I merely pointed out that in my case this was not true. If you make such a broad statement you should back it up with facts. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I have alot of experience in our tech forum assisting members.

My AMD2600+ runs at up to 64?C under full load, 55?C normal. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Here is a link to an article at TMG evaluationg the stock coolers that come with amd athlons. I will provide one qoute:
link: http://www6.tomshardware.com/cpu/20030404/index.html

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> this design does a more than adequate job of keeping die temperatures down: they peaked at 55? C under a full load, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>That is your reported *C at normal. Someone is mistaken and I don't think its AMDs cooler design.

Beuf_Ninja
01-26-2005, 04:42 PM
I have an MSI K7N2 Delta and I get 49c at idle and 55c running prime 95 after about 4 hours i will get an error, so I guess the moral is you get errors eventually but i never play four four hours nonstop so i'll never see it happen in game (haven't so far, knock on wood). I'm not really happy with the board and if you have the same model it will have two heatsinks(mini-ones) below and to the left of the processor, those two little heatsinks get really hot, raise the temp inside the case which in turn raises the temp of the air passing over your processor. A real design flaw in my humble opinion

ParaB
01-26-2005, 05:05 PM
Steve_v, I know that my system runs a bit on the warm side. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

But that wasn't my point.

What I'm saying is that your broad statement that AMD processors "will begin to have errors/system failures betwen 55-60*C" is IMHO false. Simple as that. And the link you provided doesn't support your claim either.

Just want to point this out before poeple get a heart attack when monitoring their CPU temp... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

steve_v
01-26-2005, 05:11 PM
Steve_v, I know that my system runs a bit on the warm side. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

What I'm saying is that your broad statement that AMD processors "will begin to have errors/system failures betwen 55-60*C" is IMHO false. Simple as that. And the link you provided doesn't support your claim either.

Just want to point this out before poeple get a heart attack when monitoring their CPU temp... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Good troll on your part. Just want to point this out before poeple get system failures, CTDs, and post in the tech forum. Said it once, say it agian: Been in the forums too long to acknowledge these claims as acceptable under any conditions. So, unless you can back up your statement with facts I'd call it bollocks.

ParaB
01-26-2005, 05:40 PM
This is ridiculous...

You're calling me a troll because I think a statement of yours, that you obviously can't backup with facts, is false?

Well, fine. Silly me.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Amon26
01-26-2005, 05:59 PM
Whoa-nelly! Remind me to never ask THIS question again!

*My computer's running okay.
*I'll probably just get some fans and re-apply thermal grease to my CPU

So chill. *Let this thread die please*

DarthElvis
01-26-2005, 07:57 PM
You seem like a smart guy, since you actually ask questions. My experience and research tells me if your system is stable, your not crashing all over the place- don't worry about it. You'll start erroring out long before permanent damage sets in, unless your a psycho and try a 1000mhz overclock in one shot.
My mother board and add on temp monitor(with sensor directly under the cpu -in the socket) give two totally different temperatures ,with about 7-10c difference between the two (dependant on load). The mobo reads the CPU temp directly from the CPU's built in sensor(on die) and reads the highest of the two.
Anyways, I just set my temp alarm to 70c and forgot about it. According to AMD specs, my chip is good to 85-90c (xp2500 mobile @ 12x200 , average 42-44c idle, 53-55 load on die )
What I learned most is with AMD, keep it under 60 and your golden, worrying about it just causes headaches.
If you have anymore questions let me direct you to : http://www.ocforums.com/
good people, good info . AMD or Intel flavors.

Buckaroo12
01-26-2005, 08:27 PM
I've got an AMD 2600+XP as well, running it on a Gigabyte mb and I get fairly high temps. 63 under load is not unheard of. Initially, this had me in a little bit of a panic so I did some asking around on various forums and checked out the AMD website. Turns out the MB reports a high temperature for some reason (Asking tech support about it got me a whole lot of nothing), and the AMD website claims the chip won't self destruct until it hits 90 or 95 degrees. The feedback I've recieved from some of the overclocking forums was along the lines of moderately higher temps (55-65) will shorten the life of the chip, but not drastically enough for you to notice it before deciding to upgrade anyway. I've had this setup running very well, extremely stable for just over a year now.

oldschool1992
01-26-2005, 09:59 PM

So, unless you can back up your statement with facts I'd call it bollocks. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

if you run that hot you did something wrong temps should rarely exceed 55 C if you installed it correctly is your PC by a heater vent or stove??

oldschool1992
01-26-2005, 10:06 PM

Just want to point this out before poeple get a heart attack when monitoring their CPU temp... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a barton 2600 that locks up when temps start to reach 52 - 53 C from OC'ing normal settings I never go over 50C so if you get higher something is not right

oldschool1992
01-26-2005, 10:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Beuf_Ninja:
I have an MSI K7N2 Delta and I get 49c at idle and 55c running prime 95 after about 4 hours i will get an error, so I guess the moral is you get errors eventually but i never play four four hours nonstop so i'll never see it happen in game (haven't so far, knock on wood). I'm not really happy with the board and if you have the same model it will have two heatsinks(mini-ones) below and to the left of the processor, those two little heatsinks get really hot, raise the temp inside the case which in turn raises the temp of the air passing over your processor. A real design flaw in my humble opinion <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
screw the prime 95 just loop 3Dmark and see how long till it crashs

civildog
01-26-2005, 10:17 PM
I'm running an Athlon XP2600+ on an A7V8X-8 mobo and the CPU rarely goes above 40C under full loads. Before I added the ATI 9800pro it ran cooler, then after adding it the CPU was hotter.

The air temp in my case was getting hooter from the new V-card and it was too crowded. I put everything in an ANTEC server case (PlusView 1000AMG) and added another fan. I have two fans in and two out. The side fan is blowing onto the V-card. The case is much larger and there's room to tuck all the cabling out of the way so there's excellent throughput for the fans.

Now, even in the summer (my 'puter is in the garage and it can get pretty warm in here) my CPU rarely gets over 40C....which is well inside specs according to AMD's tech pages. According to them it doesn't start getting scary until 75-80c.

Right now my system has been on for several hours and is holding at 36c on CPU and the ambiant air in the case is 22c.

I use the stock heatsink.

Maybe you need a new heatsink, or reinstall the one you have to make sure the thermal grease is correctly installed, or a larger case. Or maybe just add a nice 120mm fan to the side cover?

Big_Bad_Wulf
01-27-2005, 12:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big_Bad_Wulf:
55?C-60?C is absolutely ok. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>You sir, are mistaken. So very, very mistaken. http://home.earthlink.net/~viner45/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/082.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well Sir,
I think, it`s not correct to call other opinions/experiences bollock. Who gave you adminrights? Very respectless behaviour... very sad.

I think, your right, when you say, "amd athlon XP processors will begin to have errors/ system failures betwen 55-60*C under laod when they are extremly overclocked with higher VCore etc..." The best watercooling system can keep an OCed CPU that cool, but the CPU could run with errors.
My proof is my experience with "Hot CPU Tester PRO" and other applications. No errors on 65?C. I made these tests in summer 2003 with AMD 2100XP OCed and ALPHA 6035 Cooler with 80mm Fan.
There are enough programms, that check for errors.
My 2400XP with OCed 2400MHz runs stable at 45?C full load, but when I change it to 2500 MHz without adjusting VCORE it crash with 47? full load.
But AMD with factory settings(and undamaged) don`t produce errors between 55-60?Celsius.

e5kimo
01-27-2005, 12:39 AM

So, unless you can back up your statement with facts I'd call it bollocks. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Been in the forums too long to acknowledge these claims as acceptable under any conditions. So, unless you can back up your statement with facts I'd call it bollocks. http://home.earthlink.net/~viner45/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/117.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
2 days prime95 maxing out at 66C on a 1800xp athlon. not a single error and prime95 is supposed to report problems under load.
so i think 50-66c is an ok temperature for an athlon. maybe the original poster can let us know what cpu he acctually has.

zdenkaxx1
01-27-2005, 03:15 AM
i have an xp3000 that runs sweet at 58-62c under load and has done so for 15 months. only trouble was when we had unseasonably warm weather in london last summer and the alarm cut in at 70c.setting the fan below the psu to expel and adding an intake fan at the bottom front knocked 5c off cpu temp even then.
being somewhat ignorant of this subject i posted a querie on overclockers and got exactly the same conflict among the sages as is happening here.i checked the amd site and they say the temps are fine. logic tells me that cooler is better for obvious reasons so next upgrade will be cpu h/s and fan.

-HH-Quazi
01-27-2005, 03:47 AM
55?C-60?C is absolutely ok. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>You sir, are mistaken. So very, very mistaken. http://home.earthlink.net/~viner45/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/082.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well Sir,
I think, it`s not correct to call other opinions/experiences bollock. Who gave you adminrights? Very respectless behaviour... very sad.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If I am not mistaken, it is UbiSoft that has given Steve V adminrights. And the m8 called his statement bolluck first. So he should be able to do the same. I know several of you m8's have posted with temps well above what Steve V stated would cause problems, but I'll keep putting my $$$ on Steve V. Evidently, the mobo's you guys are using aren't reading the correct cpu temps.

Big_Bad_Wulf
01-27-2005, 04:09 AM
Ok, I wrap over this post, sry Steve.

The mobos usually show temps, that are below under the real temps.
So when I say my mobo showed 65?C than the real temp. would be above 65?C.

I am from the IT industry and saw hundrets(no joke) of AMD PCs that had a standard cooler and where running at least with 60 ?C in summer.
No problems. The important thing is in this case the mainboard(northbridge, ok, additional power supply and graphics card, harddisk). Most user said that the CPU is the only thing that can overheat. You is wrong http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif . In most cases it isn`t(OCed CPUs excluded).
For sure, some chips may be defect from the factory, but that happens everywhere.
The power supply was the weakness in standard PCs or missing fans. Not enough cooling in the tower/desktop causes crashs, especially with passiv cooled northbridges..

Heavy_Weather
01-27-2005, 06:37 AM
piss and vinegar. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

steve_v
01-27-2005, 02:53 PM
Hi Big_Bad_Wulf

The temperatures I stated were not pulled out of thin air or antedotal evidence. I have been reading and posting in the IL2 Community Help/ Tech Support forum for the last three years. My reply was an honest estimate based on information posted by members as it relates to IL-2 (the original), FB, AEP, and PF. You will get no argument from me with your posted list of causes. However, I would like to suggest inclusion of the infamous dust bunny. Usually, with a cleaning of the heatsink and added case ventilation, temperatures fall and problems cease. Typical reported problems are system failure (BSOD) and hard lock up. CPU intensive 1C flight sims stress systems in unique ways absent in other apps.

Honestly, I am dissappointed that no one refered the poster to our tech/ community help forum. It is not some one man operation. -HH-Quazi is one of several members who answer questions and solve problems as it relates to game play or hardware performance. Post there most anytime and you'll get a good answer. Many there have written guides and tutorials hosted at Airwarfare.com.

I hope this provides some context other than piss and vinegar.

oldschool1992
01-27-2005, 03:30 PM
As long as you dont get lock ups or crashes then I wouldnt worry about temps
if your CPU gets to hot it will let you know one way or another

SeminoleX
01-27-2005, 04:15 PM
Hmmmm...after reading through all this I'm left with two paradoxical conclusions:

His computer is too hot.
His computer is not too hot.

The190Flyer
01-27-2005, 04:28 PM
Geez steve v, I think these guys are tryin to take ya for a fool, I agree with you, I've seen advice you give in the Community Help forum, and judging by your posts, I think you have a bit more say in this. I feel that 55-60 'C is too hot!

S! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

a.k.a. BIFF P-51 PILOT in ubi.com lobbies

Lav69
01-27-2005, 05:14 PM
I do believe that Steve V does have alot of wisdom based on his moderation of these boards. But I also believe that I am fairly knowledgable based on the fact that I have now built 3 systems. My current rig has an Asus A7V8X-Deluxe mobo with an Athlon 3200 XP(400fsb) on it. It idles at 46c and under load will get up tp 53-54c depending on the conditions in the house. This is the warmest running rig I have built yet. I guess what I am trying to say is that through trial and error and doing my own research to be able to build various rigs with different configurations, I have found that what Steve V is saying is what I have read for years now. Regardless of what AMD says is the max "comfortable" cpu temp., generally over 55c is not good. And will, if not immediatly, eventually cause problems and help to shorten the life of the CPU. Any hardcore gamer strives to keep their cpu as cool as possible to better its performance. To be honest though I am not really worried about my system temps. The sooner I can burn it up, the sooner I will get the new mobo and processor I want. (once I get the wife squared away that is http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif)

FliegerAas
01-27-2005, 05:36 PM
Are you guys talking of the CPU temp mesured by the CPU diode or the Mainboard diode? Mesured by the socket diode of the mainboard the temp. is lower. I have a constant temp of aprox. 44degree Celsius idle and 64degC. under Full load. Socket diode mesures 38-47deg.C .
Also I have read that CPU max. temp of CPU's with Barton core lies at 85degC (of course this shortens the CPU liftime dramatically).
With my old CPU cooler I reached a max.temp of 71 (!)degC. and my System was stable.

So Steve V is right when he says the temperatures are too hot when mesured by the socket diode but not when talking of the CPU diode.

My temps have been mesured with motherboard Monitor on a System running a XP3000+ (Barton core) @332mhz on a Asus A7N8X(rev. 2),

Amon26
01-27-2005, 05:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SeminoleX:
Hmmmm...after reading through all this I'm left with two paradoxical conclusions:

His computer is too hot.
His computer is not too hot. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

.My Computer has become Schrodinger's Cat.

civildog
01-27-2005, 07:28 PM
Then stop looking at it!!!

SeminoleX
01-27-2005, 08:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Amon26:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SeminoleX:

His computer is too hot.
His computer is not too hot. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

.My Computer has become Schrodinger's Cat. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

'zactly...now how do we open the lead box and determine if the cat lives?

Jumoschwanz
01-27-2005, 09:09 PM
For future reference:

I have a big piece of 5/8" thick tempered glass. I put sanpaper on it and lap and polish the surface of my heatsink that contacts my AMD cpu until it reflects like a mirror and is dead flat.

Then I install it with the tiniest film of heatsink compound and I see dramatic decreases in cpu running temperature. The perfect heatsink and processer die would have such a smooth flat finish that there would be 100% contact and no compound would be needed at all.

Many factory heatsinks have such bad machined finishes that all they have are a series of line contact points against the processor die, with a good lapping and polish you can increase the contact area of the heatsink many times over so that instead of 10 to 20% contact you have 80% to 90%, and you will need almost no heatsink compound at all, which is nowhere near as good a conductor of heat as the copper or aluminum the heat sink is made of.

I applied this technique to cheap aluminum heat sinks on AMD athlon CPUs and dropped thier all around running temperatures 10 to 20 degrees farehheit. S!
Jumoschwanz

adlabs6
01-27-2005, 10:44 PM
Hmm, the sanding seems an interesting idea. I see why you use the glass to ensure a flat surface.

Running HL2 in a 1024x768 window and watch my temp monitors, the readings are as follows:

Sempron 3100 CPU: 53-54*C
System temp: 31*C
PNY FX5900 temp: 66*C

At desktop idle:
CPU: 42*C
System: 30*C
GPU: 41*C

Since these temps do not change if I run with the case opened or closed, I can only assume they come down to the quality and interface to chip of the stock AMD and PNY heatsink/fans that I use.

Amon26
01-28-2005, 01:07 AM
Wow Jumo, that actually makes a lot of sense. Next comp I build I'll probably look into doing something like that w/ the heatsink. I've also thought about using water-cooling.

Hell, I've also heard something about mini-freon units that actually air-condition the inside of your machine. A little extreme, but wow.

tsisqua
01-28-2005, 07:54 AM
Hi!

I am home from work at the moment . . . trying to figure out how to get to the mechanic to pick up my car http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

However, I wanted to say real quick like:
AMD64's have their own internal temp gauge, and show temps much higher than you are used to, even though it may be running at acceptable temps. They will show temps above 45 constantly, and when I had trouble with my heatsink, I learned that the AMD64 will shut itself down at 85 c., and there will be no damage. I don't know what this would translate to on a Pentium, but it is just the way that AMD64's measure their temps.

Now, if it is anything other than a 64 bit CPU . . . . Well, it never hurts to keep the cpu cool, does it?

Tsisqua

B16Enk
01-28-2005, 08:09 AM
My 2c:

Steve has a valid point based on his considerable experience http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I would also add that there are those who will correctly point out that their CPU runs stable at temperatures near or in the 60's C.

I would venture that there are few, if any, who would report that with an overclocked AMD cpu....

oldschool1992
01-28-2005, 11:46 AM

Well Sir,

I think, your right, when you say, "amd athlon XP processors will begin to have errors/ system failures betwen 55-60*C under laod when they are extremly overclocked with higher VCore etc..." The best watercooling system can keep an OCed CPU that cool, but the CPU could run with errors.
My proof is my experience with "Hot CPU Tester PRO" and other applications. No errors on 65?C. I made these tests in summer 2003 with AMD 2100XP OCed and ALPHA 6035 Cooler with 80mm Fan.
There are enough programms, that check for errors.
My 2400XP with OCed 2400MHz runs stable at 45?C full load, but when I change it to 2500 MHz without adjusting VCORE it crash with 47? full load.
But AMD with factory settings(and undamaged) don`t produce errors between 55-60?Celsius. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
tell that to my processor