PDA

View Full Version : Getting respectable sensitivty on AC2 for PC



braiog
07-01-2010, 06:37 PM
Even at 10/10 on X/Y sensitivity, the camera in AC2 on PC takes multiple physical repositioning in order to just turn the camera 90 degrees to the side.

I understand this game was ported from console, so loose/floaty cameras are a real possibility, but can anyone suggest tweaks or modifications that will give me halfway decent sensitivity? The game is unplayable at the moment for me. (I can't beat my brother in the race because I cannot turn the camera fast enough to follow him)

Thanks in advance.

Vey03
07-01-2010, 11:42 PM
Yeah, know you mean. I have to pick the mouse up and put it back down or i'd be off my desk. Gets rather annoying, frustrating and makes the game that much more difficult having to hold down the damn high profile button (because you can't click on or off like in AC1), moving the mouse (camera), and having to pick it up and reposition, and then try to fight someone. Makes my fingers hurt.

Nothing i know of that can help it.

braiog
07-02-2010, 08:44 AM
It's so odd; AC1 never suffered from this problem; the camera worked just fine. I was hoping I could open an INI file and set the sensitivity higher...

Mr_Shade
07-02-2010, 09:29 AM
I'm sorry to say that you may have tweaked it as much as possible...

If you have access to an Xbox 360 controller, it does play a lot better - however I can understand some peoples reluctance to use one.

DJBare
07-02-2010, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by braiog:
It's so odd; AC1 never suffered from this problem; the camera worked just fine. I was hoping I could open an INI file and set the sensitivity higher... AC1 I believe was a direct pc creation, I use a trackball mouse on my pc and at max sensitivity I can just barely keep up with the action, with one full travel of my thumb on the trackball which is around 90 degrees Ezio barely turns through 20 degrees, I can honestly say the mouse and camera system in this game tops my chart for the worst ever!!

NightmareGK13
07-02-2010, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
I'm sorry to say that you may have tweaked it as much as possible...

If you have access to an Xbox 360 controller, it does play a lot better - however I can understand some peoples reluctance to use one.


does the logitech chillstream work as an xbox one?
chillstream (http://www.google.pt/images?um=1&hl=pt-PT&rlz=1C1DVCB_enPT370PT377&q=logitech%20chillstream&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi)

i've been meaning to get one since i do sweat alot and it's extremely hot where i live and sometimes it's hard grasping the controller

just wondering because im not sure rather it will be compatible with say splinter cell conviction and other games that require an xbox one

braiog
07-02-2010, 05:48 PM
Yeah I got nothing against console gamers, but one of the reasons I play on PC is because I'm so accustomed to mouse/keyboard, and I actually despise using controllers.

I'm guessing the chance Ubisoft will patch this is next to nil. I opened a ticker with them just to see if they can do anything.

I hate to be so constantly at Ubi's throat for poor PC porting practices, but, well...

Mr_Shade
07-04-2010, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by NightmareGK13:

does the logitech chillstream work as an xbox one?
chillstream (http://www.google.pt/images?um=1&hl=pt-PT&rlz=1C1DVCB_enPT370PT377&q=logitech%20chillstream&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi)

i've been meaning to get one since i do sweat alot and it's extremely hot where i live and sometimes it's hard grasping the controller

just wondering because im not sure rather it will be compatible with say splinter cell conviction and other games that require an xbox one It may work with the game, but it is not fully supported - there maybe 3rd party software that you may find on the internet to allow it to pretend to be a xbox 360 controller.. but I can't guarantee the results the only offically supported one is a microsoft Xbox 360 pad..

I picked up a wired one, second hand for 7.99 - works perfectly..

Not much use for you though, sorry http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

NightmareGK13
07-05-2010, 06:17 PM
thanks for the info
i was thinking on getting one but im not sure which one to get
i dont like things being mailed over here and the 360 controller for pc is too expensive for me, hence the though that it would work as a 360 one since the shape is basically the same

what additional software may that be?

Xanatos2007
07-06-2010, 01:40 AM
A lot of people seem to have trouble turning rapidly. Just point Ezio in whatever direction you want to face and press the center camera key ('C' by default), makes turning corners or 180 a breeze.