PDA

View Full Version : What to do when...

GuNzABlaZiN
12-02-2005, 03:16 PM
What should be done if a plane recieves minor wing damage and starts to roll off to one side?

A)Trim it and continue the flight (as long as nothing else is severely damaged).

B)Head for home.

C)Continue the flight/fight without trimming.

State your answer and reasons why.

SlickStick
12-02-2005, 03:22 PM
If the wing damage is creating drag and causing me to keep falling into a stall under hard maneuvers, I usually head for home, as most planes that I fly do not have aileron trim to compensate for damage.

Also, it depends on how damaged the other guy is and my assessment of his skill level, as to whether I continue to engage or head for home.

Once a wing takes that kind of damage though, you're usually at a pretty solid disadvantage to any "well-flown" planes in the area with no damage. Just my .02βΆ.

jds1978
12-02-2005, 03:22 PM
of course it depends on the situation, but i say

A&B

danjama
12-02-2005, 03:30 PM
If im in a 190 i go home.

If im in a Spitfire i go home.

If im in a P51 i never get wing damage.

If im in a P47 i go home.

If im in a 109 i go home.

Their the main planes i fly.

polak5
12-02-2005, 03:34 PM
If i have good speed then i begin to dive and go home.

If I dont have good speed or E then i remain on the defensive till he makes a mistake, then i squirm out and go for home. its tricky dough, as alot of pilots dont make mistakes....well, maybe they do http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

Tully__
12-02-2005, 04:50 PM
Trim it out and run for home....

...coz that's what a real pilot would have done (provided he had an oppurtunity to disengage).

MLudner
12-02-2005, 05:21 PM
Fight on as long as I can if my unit is still in danger.

RTB otherwise.

redfeathers1948
12-02-2005, 06:23 PM
Depends..if it's do or die sink that carrier mission and I can still deliver my ordinance I'm in. So is my gunner..we talked about it. If no ability to complete mission, go low and try to evade detection untill clear of combat area and RTB as best as can.

marc_hawkins
12-02-2005, 10:08 PM
Like they say, it depends on the situation.. usually goes something like this:

1. big furball, people need help-i help if can.

2. big furball, they're all over us, can't escape, so no good trying.

3. big furball, can escape... so try to!

4. Sometimes big furball...but often just a scrap, can maybe escape...but..dammit, he tried to kill me! ME! lose sense of reason and tactical sense. attempts of snarling fury resulit in:

(A) A Kill! (rare) I feel like a big man.

(B) He gets away easily as i fumble about. (common) I feel small. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

(C) He promptly shoots me down (Very common) I want my dummy.