PDA

View Full Version : Are You Kidding Me? MP in AC?

vI Demon Iv
01-13-2010, 04:11 PM
Seriously Ubi, are you kidding me?
Does every single game now have to have multiplayer?
Just because some little kids (that shouldn't be playing the game anyway) cry for it because they can't beat the missions by themselves, doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.
Stop catering to the little kids, cater to the people that the game is rated for.

I swear to god Ubi, if there's multiplayer achievements, of any kind, in Assassin's Creed, I will NEVER buy another one of your games again.
Leave it to Ubisoft to ruin the only good franchise they have.

caswallawn_2k7
01-13-2010, 04:17 PM
the multiplayer game isn't AC3 it's a self contained game (still using Ezio) so if you don't want multiplayer don't buy it and save your cash for AC3.

vI Demon Iv
01-13-2010, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
the multiplayer game isn't AC3 it's a self contained game (still using Ezio) so if you don't want multiplayer don't buy it and save your cash for AC3.
"Ubisoft clarified that this is a new project and not an expansion to our Game of the Year, Assassin's Creed 2. The title picks up where Assassin's Creed 2 left things and will feature Ezio... and of course will feature multiplayer."

So I can choose to "skip" it and then miss parts of the story. It's not AC3, but it will be part of the AC story.

caswallawn_2k7
01-13-2010, 04:28 PM
it is to AC2 what bloodlines was to AC1. it's not important and will have no impact on the final out come of the game. but with it being targeted on multiplayer and coming out so quick I wouldn't hope for much in the way of story.

BK-110
01-13-2010, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by DemonI81:
Seriously Ubi, are you kidding me?
Just because some little kids (that shouldn't be playing the game anyway) cry for it because they can't beat the missions by themselves, doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.
Stop catering to the little kids, cater to the people that the game is rated for.

I swear to god Ubi, if there's multiplayer achievements, of any kind, in Assassin's Creed, I will NEVER buy another one of your games again.
Leave it to Ubisoft to ruin the only good franchise they have.

Hey, aren't you the crying kid right now? I'm the kind of guy for whom a great singleplayer is the most important. But hell, if they want to give us some multiplayer continuation of the AC2 story and AC3, I can't see why it would hurt having it. How can you already whine about it? I mean, it's not gonna be AC3, so it's not gonna "destroy" that game. And how do you know that it'll be bad? It could be great! Be a little optimistic and stop crying for no reason...

vI Demon Iv
01-13-2010, 04:47 PM
They've probably got a lot of the story written already, the story writers probably started writing this story as soon as they finished AC2.
Since the game will continue where 2 left off with Ezio, they can just use all the code from AC2 and just code in new missions/story.
This means they can pump this game out quickly and still have an important, relevant story.

As I'm guessing the multiplayer will be co-op with 2-4 players, here's a title for the game you can use, free of charge Ubi: "Task Force Creed" since you'll no longer be an assassin, instead you'll be part of a task force.

EDIT: Yeah, I'm crying right now, because AC is one of the few single player games and also my favorite franchise. It is not meant to be a multiplayer game. Who ever heard of several assassins working together on a single hit?
Again, the game will cease to be Assassin's Creed, it will become "Task Force Creed".

xxxBeast87
01-13-2010, 04:52 PM
I think multiplayer would be awesome if done right. Maybe you can have coop missions such as have one person make a distraction or fight guards on one spot and then the other player can go make his move cause everyone is paying attention to the other one, along with special coop techniques in games like splinter cell and army of 2, multiplayer can really be great. I think theyre gonna do a lot more than slap or deathmatch or capture the flag(or maybe in this case capture the piece of eden) and call it done.

vI Demon Iv
01-13-2010, 05:20 PM
At least I'm not alone in thinking this is one of the worst possible things Ubisoft could do with AC.

http://www.xbox360achievements...e-%5BUpdated%5D.html (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-4166-Ubisoft-s-Financial-Update-Reveals-Upcoming-Assassin-s-Creed-Multiplayer-Mode-%5BUpdated%5D.html)

Check out the comments, there's a lot and only about 3 are in favor of this moronic ruining of an amazing game.

sgt_brent
01-13-2010, 05:29 PM
Unfortunately, game developers these days feel they need to pack a game full of "bling".. While some games can do this relatively well, I don't think Assassin's Creed is a title to mess around with in terms of multiplayer.. It does not require anything further.. IMO, Assassin's Creed 2 was an almost perfect game.. Adding or subtracting anything from it, aside from better AI, would be a complete mistake..

However, like I said, Ubisoft obviously feels they need to inject steroids into the game.. I don't see the point of that decision..

I could be wrong; There might be a really awesome multiplayer possibility that the team has thought of.. But I know games with a multiplayer tend to be less of a single player game; Which, in the case of Assassin's Creed, is taking away from the very core of the title.. It will likely mean smaller and less detailed environments..

Also; This kinda hints at the fact that firearms will be making an appearance? Again - Taking away from the core of the game..

InfernalTyrant
01-13-2010, 05:32 PM
Far out you guys are quick to judge.
You're acting as if you HAVE to play multiplayer. You could either, not get the game. Nobody has a gun to your head, or just not play multiplayer. Now take off your skirt, have a cup of concrete and harden the **** up.

sgt_brent
01-13-2010, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by InfernalTyrant:
Far out you guys are quick to judge.
You're acting as if you HAVE to play multiplayer. You could either, not get the game. Nobody has a gun to your head, or just not play multiplayer. Now take off your skirt, have a cup of concrete and harden the **** up.

That's not a very logical point to make.. All my post referred to was game quality.. If the team is going to be spending time fiddling with multiplayer rather than an immersive, yet different single player experience; Which is what Assassin's Creed IS; Then we're in for less of a SP game, IMO..

It has nothing to do with playing multiplayer or not.. So that comment you made has no weight behind it..

InfernalTyrant
01-13-2010, 05:38 PM
That's not a very logical point to make.. All my post referred to was game quality.. If the team is going to be spending time fiddling with multiplayer rather than an immersive, yet different single player experience; Which is what Assassin's Creed IS; Then we're in for a less of a SP game, IMO..

It has nothing to do with playing multiplayer or not.. So that comment you made has no weight behind it..
Obviously that wasn't aimed at you, but mainly at the OP.
But still, how do you know they didn't hire another team to come in and design the multiplayer. I think everybody should save their judgement for when the game comes out. If it sucks then rage about it all you like.

sgt_brent
01-13-2010, 05:48 PM
Obviously that wasn't aimed at you, but mainly at the OP.
But still, how do you know they didn't hire another team to come in and design the multiplayer. I think everybody should save their judgement for when the game comes out. If it sucks then rage about it all you like.

I agree with that - I'm not judging it.. I said I could be wrong and they might have an amazing idea for multiplayer.. And there will be a multiplayer team designated, but that's not the point either.. Multiplayer means more requirement for data storage.. Which will either mean less data for SP, or perhaps 2 disks.. But I doubt that.. It will, IMO, come down to the amount of detail put into each mode.. I hate how developer's feel they need to put multiplayer into EVERY game.. The great games with a crazy SP experience are few and far between.. MW2 SP was almost epic, but way too short.. I think if there was less focus on multiplayer, there would be a much much longer SP game.. But then in reverse - That's taking away from the core of MW.. I'm just using that as a comparison..

But it has just been brought to my attention that this instalment may be like a "Bloodlines" type deal.. And not exactly "Assassin's Creed 3"..

TooLazy4Name
01-13-2010, 05:56 PM
okay, i didnt really know that ANY assassins creed game was gonna have MP anyways. someone please clarify?

Plus, WHY do you hate MP? if they complete the single player first, THEN do mp, it doesnt matter. you DONT have to play it. i for one think AC is the greatest single player game ive ever played, but i would alos enjoy a multiplayer. i truly dont see what would be so bad about it.

InfernalTyrant
01-13-2010, 05:57 PM
Yeah I see where you're coming from. At first I thought that this was going to be AC3, but then I heard also that it would be an in between thing, so I think it's a great idea. I know that it will sell like crazy.

sgt_brent
01-13-2010, 06:03 PM
....then I heard also that it would be an in between thing, so I think it's a great idea. I know that it will sell like crazy.

Completely..

Originally posted by tolazy4name1:
...WHY do you hate MP? if they complete the single player first, THEN do mp, it doesnt matter. you DONT have to play it. i for one think AC is the greatest single player game ive ever played...

I don't hate multiplayer at all.. You say yourself that you feel AC is the "greatest single player game".. I agree with you.. What I'm saying is with the addition of a multiplayer mode - The size and detail of that epic single player experience will dwindle.. It might not be any different - But the detail and expanse of the single player will be moderated.. And with a game that is KNOWN for it's monumental single player story mode - This is, IMO, not a good thing..

But as I said; It sounds like the multiplayer will be included in some "Bloodlines" type game.. And not exactly AC3..

TooLazy4Name
01-13-2010, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by sgt_brent:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by InfernalTyrant:
....then I heard also that it would be an in between thing, so I think it's a great idea. I know that it will sell like crazy.

Completely..

...WHY do you hate MP? if they complete the single player first, THEN do mp, it doesnt matter. you DONT have to play it. i for one think AC is the greatest single player game ive ever played...

I don't hate multiplayer at all.. You say yourself that you feel AC is the "greatest single player game".. I agree with you.. What I'm saying is with the addition of a multiplayer mode - The size and detail of that epic single player experience will dwindle.. It might not be any different - But the detail and expanse of the single player will be moderated.. And with a game that is KNOWN for it's monumental single player story mode - This is, IMO, not a good thing..

But as I said; It sounds like the multiplayer will be included in some "Bloodlines" type game.. And not exactly AC3.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To be honest, i was replying to the guy who made this thread, not you in particular. The ONLY bad thing i can see coming out of MP is if it turns into GTA IV, little kids running around saying "NIG I PWN U KIDZHAHAHAHA" with a rocket launcher. (note not meaning to be rascist with the word NIG, its what about 3 kids i spoke to said.)

IEzioI
01-13-2010, 06:10 PM
its sounds like fun but i hope it doesnt ruin the experience of the single player mode.

Multiplayer can do that to an already amazing franchize without multiplayer.

sgt_brent
01-13-2010, 06:12 PM
...The ONLY bad thing i can see coming out of MP is if it turns into GTA IV, little kids running around saying "NIG I PWN U KIDZHAHAHAHA" with a rocket launcher. (note not meaning to be rascist with the word NIG, its what about 3 kids i spoke to said.)

Completely what I'm afraid of.. But more the fact that AC is a single player game.. That's what it does best.. I don't feel any NEED to have multiplayer.. Single player meets all me needs, in terms of Assassin's Creed, because it's so great - The replay value is way up there still months after its release.. I'm still frigging around in story mode - Not many games can do that anymore..

vI Demon Iv
01-13-2010, 07:27 PM
Plus, WHY do you hate MP? if they complete the single player first, THEN do mp, it doesnt matter. you DONT have to play it. i for one think AC is the greatest single player game ive ever played, but i would alos enjoy a multiplayer. i truly dont see what would be so bad about it.
I don't hate MP, I play a lot of it, when I'm playing a MP game.
AC is a single player game, that's what it was designed as, that's what it's grown as, that's something I love. AC is really the only SP franchise I play (for fun, I'll play just about anything that'll get me some quick achievements) and I love that I don't have to get other people on LIVE or find people to play with. I can sit down, by myself, and really get sucked in to a great SP game.
I never thought I'd have to worry about getting a co-op partner, only being able to play when a friend is on, or searching for a random to play with while playing AC. I was clearly wrong. I underestimated what Ubi is willing to do to ruin this franchise. It was killing them actually having a game people loved.

Joshua Morrison
01-13-2010, 08:06 PM
I just completed two, I borrowed it from a friend and I must say I was very impressed with the game one of the best single player games I have played in a very long time but I would never conceder buying a game that doesn't have MP in it. I hope they don't screw up the single player for you die hard fans but I would really consider buying the next one if it had a good competitive MP.

sgt_brent
01-13-2010, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by JoshuaMorrison:
...I hope they don't screw up the single player for you die hard fans but I would really consider buying the next one if it had a good competitive MP.

It's like Conviction, Josh - People don't want to see the change in gameplay.. But with Assassin's Creed, I feel like single player might suffer if there was also a multiplayer mode, ya know? This, like i said, hints a little bit towards firearms being in the game.. Which has been discussed in another thread.. I hope they don't screw this one up..

HK-42
01-13-2010, 10:28 PM
I bet it will be something like splinter cell convictions new multi, a co-op campaign.

Brett_Master5
01-13-2010, 10:34 PM
I like Multiplayer games. I wish there were more out there that were great single games as well. Oblivion is one example of a great game that should be multiplayer in some sense. Fable II is an example of a game that had included co-op play, but failed miserably at it.

I'm not saying that I believe Ubisoft will fail at the multiplayer aspect, I just don't think that Assassins Creed lends itself to having multiple assassins playing through the world.

Azugo
01-13-2010, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Brett_Master5:
I like Multiplayer games. I wish there were more out there that were great single games as well. Oblivion is one example of a great game that should be multiplayer in some sense. Fable II is an example of a game that had included co-op play, but failed miserably at it.

I'm not saying that I believe Ubisoft will fail at the multiplayer aspect, I just don't think that Assassins Creed lends itself to having multiple assassins playing through the world.

You could have 2-4 player Co-Op. And you could choose what character you wanna be -- Like Uncharted 2 Online does. Each character could have specialized abilities. How about create-a-character? Yeah, that'd be nice.

Brett_Master5
01-13-2010, 11:02 PM
Create a character would be nice, however, the difference between Ezio and Altair and the rest of the cohorts that they use is the Assassin outfit. What would be better is create an outfit.

Ubisoft kind of started this with the ability to change the colours of Ezio's outfit. That way they could have two or three unique Assassins with histories and stories of their own, but have them identifiable.

Azugo
01-13-2010, 11:09 PM
They should make a create-a-character thing like the one in Metal Gear Online.

ScytheOfGrim
01-13-2010, 11:17 PM
From experience, Ubi's servers aren't exactly the smoothest of rides.

Buckle up two seconds earlier, it's a laggy trip ahead of us.

Azugo
01-13-2010, 11:25 PM
Well let's hope that gets better... I hate lag.

ScytheOfGrim
01-13-2010, 11:33 PM
Why would you like it?

Azugo
01-13-2010, 11:38 PM
I dunno. Some people might like jittery freezy skippy movements. >_>

InfernalTyrant
01-13-2010, 11:52 PM
Real life lag. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy6C1Gm4ALA)

the amolang
01-13-2010, 11:55 PM
I still am weary of mp... I don't know if it would work in a way that will be enjoyable and interesting. And if they spend times on the mp they might develop the sp less...

Azugo
01-13-2010, 11:58 PM
Lol, funny vid.

nightcobra
01-14-2010, 05:52 AM
for them to do multiplayer, they'd have to make up a system that seriously cripples the number of those gungho kids. maybe a co-op mode in which there are a lot of sentries and patrols and an option to fail the mission if you kill so many guards or spotted by them too many times.

or a type of who kills the target first while the target is on the run and while being chased by guards as well.

II RedDwarf II
01-14-2010, 06:25 AM
I don't tend to like MP achievements but if they go the way of the older Call of Duty series and still keep all the achievements for SP and then have ranking (or something that will fit in to this game) it would work.

Bring on Co-op I say http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

SUBJ3CT DELTA
01-14-2010, 06:39 AM
I dont know if you have herd of a game called, Bioshock 2.

The multiplayer is being made by a differnt devloper using the same engine.

Im thinking this is what they are gonna do with AC3.

caswallawn_2k7
01-14-2010, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by Subject123:
I dont know if you have herd of a game called, Bioshock 2.

The multiplayer is being made by a differnt devloper using the same engine.

Im thinking this is what they are gonna do with AC3.
they have never said AC3 would have multiplayer, they have said this game (that is like bloodlines or the DS games and not a main part of the franchise) they also haven't even confirmed the dev house making the game (bloodlines was made externally and I'm sure the DS games were as well) so this may not even be made by Ubi Montreal, this being the main reason I don't hold out much faith in it having much story.

Ubi Montreal will still be working on AC2 (PC) and the DLC's then will want to get straight onto AC3, instead of postponing the third part by a year just for the MP game that most likely wont sell as well as the main franchise.

also people are getting wound up over this (and achievements/trophies) they still haven't said what system it will be released for, it could still end up being a PSP/DS/Iphone game.

TwinIltani
01-14-2010, 07:15 AM
I don't really care for MP (I don't like other people this much), but I am hardly going to ding a game before playing it. Who knows, maybe Ubi will manage to pull off some fantastic co-op or even a mode where you take on a given mission with a group of online players.

It can be done and it can be done well. Time will tell how it's going to turn out.

Cas has got a good point up there - we don't even know what system the game will be on. I also agree with his assessment of further development - I can't see Ubi dropping AC2PC and AC3 just to attend to a side story.

GariStz
01-14-2010, 08:00 AM
Just because some little kids (that shouldn't be playing the game anyway) cry for it doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.

Finally someone said it straight!

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

vI Demon Iv
01-14-2010, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by RedDwarf137:
I don't tend to like MP achievements but if they go the way of the older Call of Duty series and still keep all the achievements for SP and then have ranking (or something that will fit in to this game) it would work.

Bring on Co-op I say http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
That's just is, don't try to force me to play MP in any way, with achievements, in-game unlocks, or any other way. If the only incentive to play the MP is "for fun" than I wont complain... as much.
As said by others, spending time on a MP means taking away from the SP, and AC was built on SP, it would be nothing without it.
If any of you know Ubi, you'll know that they're already coding the achievement for playing through the entire game on co-op.

Again, why do all games now have to have MP? Not all gamers are kids in school with 50+ people on their friends list that are all on at the same time, all playing the same games. That especially goes for a game like AC that's rated Mature, or at least it should.
Let the real MP games (Battlefield, CoD, Halo, MAG, etc...) do MP and leave one of the few great SP games alone.

ikevin95
01-14-2010, 09:36 AM
what multiplayer for ac2 when i cant wait please reply!! i really want to know cant wait!! thanks ubisoft.

bushinosaya
01-14-2010, 09:40 AM
If multiplayer is some coop game like what they are doing for Splinter Cell : Conviction, then hell yes I'd like that !

Having two assassins working together would be great !

kingbren08
01-14-2010, 09:59 AM
okay i have some questions

1. does anyone know what the title of this game is?

2. is this game going to have any single player mode or is it going to be like an MMO where everyone is around you.

3. did i mishear or did the ign daily fix say that it would be released in april 2010 ?

also i think multiplayer could be good depending on how it is done.and as long as this game doesnt affect AC3's release date then i am soo happy

jack994
01-14-2010, 10:17 AM
Wait is this going to an online only AC? Will there be a single player as well as the MP?

If not I will be seriously annoyed.

Unloved_Grudge
01-14-2010, 10:20 AM
I'm not too fond of the idea of integrating multiplayer into a franchise that focused on single player. As long as we get an enjoyable game with variety, fun assassination missions and a decent plot, I'm satisfied. I'm not against two player co-op, but I am against the likes of versus and racing modes.

ikevin95
01-14-2010, 10:29 AM
people multiplayer is goin to have notin to do wit the single player its just somting to hav fun with when you finish the game instead of collecting darn feathers which is so borin and you get nothing out of doing it

Unloved_Grudge
01-14-2010, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by ikevin95:
people multiplayer is goin to have notin to do wit the single player its just somting to hav fun with when you finish the game instead of collecting darn feathers which is so borin and you get nothing out of doing it
I agree, but most titles that have multiplayer tend to have shorter single player campaigns than those that don't have multiplayer. We fear that the addition of multiplayer could result in the game being a great deal shorter than its prequels.

itsamea-mario
01-14-2010, 11:38 AM
surely this means they're spending less time and effort on AC3 with this, which means they're going to rush it and make it substandard to everyones expectations, (im sure they're aiming for a 2012 release) and i agree we dont have to buy it, but more than that THEY dont need to make it, just for annoying people who like to shout NOOB! and EPIC FAIL!

Unloved_Grudge
01-14-2010, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
surely this means they're spending less time and effort on AC3 with this, which means they're going to rush it and make it substandard to everyones expectations, (im sure they're aiming for a 2012 release) and i agree we dont have to buy it, but more than that THEY dont need to make it, just for annoying people who like to shout NOOB! and EPIC FAIL!
Despite the fact that Ubi were making Bloodlines alongside AC2 and it still turned out to be epic.

itsamea-mario
01-14-2010, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Unloved_Grudge:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
Despite the fact that Ubi were making Bloodlines alongside AC2 and it still turned out to be epic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah i suppose. but the more time they spend on AC£m the even more epic it will be, i mean AC2 was rushed and it suffered flaws for it, I want no flaws in ac3, nor do i want ubi to con me.

caswallawn_2k7
01-14-2010, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Unloved_Grudge:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
Despite the fact that Ubi were making Bloodlines alongside AC2 and it still turned out to be epic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
bloodlines was done by Griptonite Games, it was just published by Ubi and over seen by Ubi Montreal to make sure it fit with the original IP. so working on this theory your expecting AC multiplayer to be done by a independent or it will heavily affect production of AC3.

SUBJ3CT DELTA
01-14-2010, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Unloved_Grudge:
bloodlines was done by Griptonite Games, it was just published by Ubi and over seen by Ubi Montreal to make sure it fit with the original IP. so working on this theory your expecting AC multiplayer to be done by a independent or it will heavily affect production of AC3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah a lot of developers are hiring out Other Devs to include Multiplayer in there games.

For example

Bioshock 2s MP is being made by a completely different team at 2K.

And the new Medal of honor game.

The multiplayer is being made by DICE.

Bhadva_back
01-14-2010, 03:00 PM
Maybe AC3 has features in modern day times where assasins use guns bam insta multiplayer !

KZarr
01-14-2010, 03:14 PM
I'm looking forward to it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Bampire
01-14-2010, 03:47 PM
Unfortunately, game developers these days feel they need to pack a game full of "bling".. While some games can do this relatively well, I don't think Assassin's Creed is a title to mess around with in terms of multiplayer.. It does not require anything further.. IMO, Assassin's Creed 2 was an almost perfect game.. Adding or subtracting anything from it, aside from better AI, would be a complete mistake..

However, like I said, Ubisoft obviously feels they need to inject steroids into the game.. I don't see the point of that decision..

I could be wrong; There might be a really awesome multiplayer possibility that the team has thought of.. But I know games with a multiplayer tend to be less of a single player game; Which, in the case of Assassin's Creed, is taking away from the very core of the title.. It will likely mean smaller and less detailed environments..

Also; This kinda hints at the fact that firearms will be making an appearance? Again - Taking away from the core of the game..

^^You said it all.^^^

vI Demon Iv
01-14-2010, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by KZarr:
I'm looking forward to it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
I'm sure most 13 year olds are. As for the people that the game is rated for... Very few of us are.
It's fine, if Ubi wants to cater to the casual, young gamer with a mature game, they'll just lose their core gamers. Who do you think makes up most of their business? They're already projecting losses this fiscal year and I have a feeling those losses are going to be much more than they anticipate after they release this farce.
I see this pushing the people who love AC for what it is away from 3 also, I know it has the potential to do that to me.

sgt_brent
01-14-2010, 05:33 PM
Unfortunately - Developers also feel the need to make a game widely accessible for everyone..

I spend a lot of time on the Splinter Cell forum - And the same thing is going on with Splinter Cell: Conviction.. Ubisoft has decided to change the core of the gameplay to cater to everyone, not just the die hard stealth fans.. To make the game appeal to people who would otherwise be very intimidated by the pure stealth in Splinter Cell..

I am happy with the new direction of THAT GAME - However, I would not be as easy going about Assassin's Creed changing into an average, everyday game.. Which is so far form what it is and always should be.. I'm not saying I wouldn't play it - But if it's not an improved version of AC2 - Then I likely won't buy it.. It's no reason for anyone to boycott Ubisoft - But the game would simply cease to interest me for some reason..

Ubisoft - Please don't put multiplayer OR GUNS into Assassin's Creed 3..

thebutcherhead
01-14-2010, 05:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KZarr:
I'm sure most 13 year olds are. As for the people that the game is rated for... Very few of us are.
It's fine, if Ubi wants to cater to the casual, young gamer with a mature game, they'll just lose their core gamers. Who do you think makes up most of their business? They're already projecting losses this fiscal year and I have a feeling those losses are going to be much more than they anticipate after they release this farce.
I see this pushing the people who love AC for what it is away from 3 also, I know it has the potential to do that to me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What are you talking about? What loses? Ubi projected sales of over 9 million for AC 2 by March, an improvement over AC 1. Please cite your source.

As for multiplayer taking "away" from the experience, the multiplayer has nothing to do with AC 3, so you shouldn't have to worry about that. They've already made AC for DS, PSP, and iphone, which imo were terrible next to the console versions. In no way does that ruin the original games.

Originally posted by kingbren08:
okay i have some questions

1. does anyone know what the title of this game is?

2. is this game going to have any single player mode or is it going to be like an MMO where everyone is around you.

3. did i mishear or did the ign daily fix say that it would be released in april 2010 ?

also i think multiplayer could be good depending on how it is done.and as long as this game doesnt affect AC3's release date then i am soo happy

At this point no one knows ANYTHING yet people are already beating down the idea.

http://www.computerandvideogam...rticle.php?id=231616 (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=231616)

Ubisoft's new Assassin's Creed game (which we're taking a punt on being AC3) will again star Italian hero Ezio, Ubisoft has confirmed - and will be created by the same studios behind AC2.

The publisher today revealed that the story of the game will be a "follow-up" to AC2.

CVG reported yesterday that Ubisoft was hard at work on a sequel, which the company is due to release before March 2011. A Christmas release is looking likely.

"We have a new Assassin's Creed that we expect will be a very high quality product that as well as an offline component will have a multiplayer component," Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot said today.

"It is the same studios because it's not only one studio creating the game, but an association of studios and they are working together to make it happen."

A fellow Ubisoft spokesman then added: "The game will take place with the same hero, which is Ezio, and will follow-up the story that took place in Assassin's Creed 2."

Guillemot confirmed the game would be sold at a "full price point".

The majority of AC2 was developed by Ubisoft Montreal. .

vI Demon Iv
01-14-2010, 05:51 PM
Ubisoft - Please don't put multiplayer OR GUNS into Assassin's Creed 3..
I completely agree.

Originally posted by thebutcherhead:
What are you talking about? What loses? Ubi projected sales of over 9 million for AC 2 by March, an improvement over AC 1. Please cite your source.

As for multiplayer taking "away" from the experience, the multiplayer has nothing to do with AC 3, so you shouldn't have to worry about that. They've already made AC for DS, PSP, and iphone, which imo were terrible next to the console versions. In no way does that ruin the original games.
First:
"When announcing that the company was reducing its sales targets down to €495 million and €860 million (down from €540 million and €1,040 million) for the third quarter and full-year 2009-2010 respectively, Ubisoft CEO, Yves Guillemot, made some statements about the publisher’s upcoming priorities.

In their fiscal 2009-2010 year, Ubisoft is expecting sales in the casual segment to drop by €160 million (which is a 50% decline) and with that news Guillemot stated that the French publisher’s focus was about to change. Considering that Assassin’s Creed 2 has sold 6 million copies to date and expects to sell 9 million by March 2010, this shift is no surprise."
http://www.xbox360achievements...-Xbox-360-&-PS3.html (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-4171-Ubisoft-Underperforming--Now-Focussing-Attention-on-%E2%80%9CMajor-Franchises%E2%80%9D-and-the-Xbox-360-&-PS3.html)

Those are some hefty reductions in sales targets, ie loss.

Second:
You can't compare handheld games to consoles. This is a console game, it is expected to have an involved story.

EDIT: Then you add this to your post:
"Guillemot confirmed the game would be sold at a "full price point"."
This proves my point and contradicts yours, comparing this to Bloodlines.

EDIT 2: A quote from the link you posted, in the comments.
"Sigh, just let us play as Desmond ffs. I want to kill that Doc, and go free running with guns."

These are the people Ubi has now decided to cater to, these ******ed children that can't enjoy something unless they're running around with 15 of their friends shooting people in the face.
Way to go Ubi.

sgt_brent
01-14-2010, 06:09 PM
Unfortunately, this is exactly right.. Sometimes developers bring change to a franchise with success - But in this case, I have to say that Ubisoft is trying to be different and innovative just for the sake of saying "We're different and innovative"..

But - Whatever makes the company more money, I guess..

Appealing to a wider audience, while, at the same time, losing the hardcore interest of the majority of the original title fan base..

..Talk about a LEAP OF FAITH, Ubisoft.. This one, I don't think will have a pile of hay at the bottom....

thebutcherhead
01-14-2010, 06:11 PM

Second:
You can't compare handheld games to consoles. This is a console game, it is expected to have an involved story.

“The considerable contraction in the DS market during the year particularly affected Ubisoft,” said Guillemot, “At the same time, like in 2008, the year 2009 saw the release of many more very high-quality games than in the past. Against this backdrop and with a view to further reducing our exposure to the DS, we intend to continue to refocus our development resources on our major franchises and on the Xbox 360 and PS3, the two consoles which are expected to see sales growth in games for gamers in 2010.”

“Ubisoft has already demonstrated its capacity for success in the high-end games market thanks to Assassin’s Creed 2, with saleswith sales 40% higher than for the first title. .

I don't understand, this report has nothing to do with AC 2, it says the decline was due to their DS games, not the console games. The aritcle you sited states they are anticipating growth for their console market, with no sales projections for the new multiplayer game, so you haven't proved anything.

Further, theres other things to keep in mind, with the economy being what it is, not everyone has the money to afford both AC 2 for 360/PS3 and Bloodlines for PSP or DS, which could explain reduced sales in their handheld market.

As far as the multiplayer game, it looks like it's going to be a console game too.

vI Demon Iv
01-14-2010, 06:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DemonI81:

Second:

“The considerable contraction in the DS market during the year particularly affected Ubisoft,” said Guillemot, “At the same time, like in 2008, the year 2009 saw the release of many more very high-quality games than in the past. Against this backdrop and with a view to further reducing our exposure to the DS, we intend to continue to refocus our development resources on our major franchises and on the Xbox 360 and PS3, the two consoles which are expected to see sales growth in games for gamers in 2010.”

“Ubisoft has already demonstrated its capacity for success in the high-end games market thanks to Assassin’s Creed 2, with saleswith sales 40% higher than for the first title. .

I don't understand, this report has nothing to do with AC 2, it says the decline was due to their DS games, not the console games. The aritcle you sited states they are anticipating growth for their console market, with no sales projections for the new multiplayer game, so you haven't proved anything.

Further, theres other things to keep in mind, with the economy being what it is, not everyone has the money to afford both AC 2 for 360/PS3 and Bloodlines for PSP or DS, which could explain reduced sales in their handheld market.

As far as the multiplayer game, it looks like it's going to be a console game too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I never said Ubi had losses with AC, I just said they're projecting losses. This means, as a company, they're projecting losses, and this may only fuel those losses.

..Talk about a LEAP OF FAITH, Ubisoft.. This one, I don't think will have a pile of hay at the bottom....
Nice, couldn't have said it better myself.

thebutcherhead
01-14-2010, 06:53 PM

I never said Ubi had losses with AC, I just said they're projecting losses. This means, as a company, they're projecting losses, and this may only fuel those losses.

Uh... no. The article you referenced projected sales growth, not loss.

refocus our development resources on our major franchises and on the Xbox 360 and PS3, the two consoles which are expected to see sales growth in games for gamers in 2010.”

As a company, they've had profit loss, but that was for their handhelds/DS market. These projections still have nothing to with the new multiplayer game. Ubi could be taking a "leap of faith", but the article you indicated has no proof or evidence of sales decline in the console market.

They're expecting the console games to boost sales.

Also, if they're catering to kids, as you stated earlier, they'd probably have a reason for doing so. This isn't losing a market, it's adding another; thier core gamers aren't going to collectively boycott AC 3 just because ubi releases another game targeted to a younger market.

vI Demon Iv
01-14-2010, 07:09 PM
Again, their projected sales figures are being lowered.
Yes, it is due to other platforms.
They expect to make more on consoles yet they're doing something incredibly stupid (in some peoples' opinions) so now they could start seeing lower sales (losses) from consoles as well.

When I go to a place and have a discussion about something made for adults I expect that the people I'm talking to wont need everything fully explained to them. That they can look at what's said and do some thinking for themselves.
Now either you're incapable of this and I was mistaken for assuming I'm speaking to an adult, or you're intentionally nit picking everything because you don't like my point.

thebutcherhead
01-14-2010, 07:49 PM
yet they're doing something incredibly stupid (in some peoples' opinions) so now they could start seeing lower sales (losses) from consoles as well.

When I go to a place and have a discussion about something made for adults I expect that the people I'm talking to wont need everything fully explained to them. That they can look at what's said and do some thinking for themselves.
Now either you're incapable of this and I was mistaken for assuming I'm speaking to an adult, or you're intentionally nit picking everything because you don't like my point.

You were using the article to add credibility to your thought that multiplayer is a stupid move. Also that's not an "idea", that's a criticism. And then you go further, and criticize my intelligence. That's wrong man, you shouldn't do that.

The sales reductions indicated loss in their non-console market, and there could be several reasons for that, not limiting the blame to ubi's ideas being "incredibly stupid" as you wrote earlier. Console projections indicate growth.

I can agree that if the new game sucks, it could hurt thier sales, but that's your opinion and only a possibility.

I don't like your <STRIKE>idea</STRIKE> criticism, because it limits the series to single player, and personally, I'd like to give multiplayer a chance and see it for myself, rather than shooting down the idea this soon after the announcement.

*flame over* that is all http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

phil.llllll
01-15-2010, 04:50 AM
I understand what they're trying to do but I still think it's mental. I mean really? For a game like AC I can't help but think they should be focusing all efforts on expanding/improving this amazing world they've created (e.g. focusing completely on the story and new mission structure/gameplay mechanics and gfx upgrades) instead of wasting a single bit of effort on an MP component.

Well I can only hope that the main focus is still the campaign. Who knows, maybe their focus is still SP and they even might have been working on this before AC2 shipped. Could be the main studio is focusing all efforts on the SP and one of the outside studios is handling the MP. At least that's what I hope is going on.

sgt_brent
01-15-2010, 06:42 AM
Well then I'm going to hope for AC3 to ship with two game discs.. One = Single player and the other Multiplayer..

I feel like no matter how it's done, single player is going to suffer..

nightcobra
01-15-2010, 07:39 AM
unless they manage to pull off an uncharted 2

InfernalTyrant
01-15-2010, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by shadow8928:
unless they manage to pull off an uncharted 2 Care to explain that?

nightcobra
01-15-2010, 07:52 AM
i mean they managed to pull off a great multiplayer mode without sacrificing the single player mode.

InfernalTyrant
01-15-2010, 07:54 AM
Ahh okay. It'd be great if they do that.
I think people should stop being so negative about it until it's released, then they can complain.

gohanks10
01-15-2010, 08:45 AM
for the multiplayer, in my opinioin a horse racing in apenine mountains will be cool.

ApocaLeepse
01-15-2010, 05:08 PM
If I may be honest here, this multiplayer project for Assassin's Creed is a good thing. That way, the people get their multiplayer and Assassin's Creed III story remains unharmed. If multiplayer is announced for Assassin's Creed III, then I'll start worrying, as most games after introducing multiplayer care nothing for the story experience.

DLTyrus
01-15-2010, 05:32 PM
God I swear, this is why I hate the internet.

First, let me debunk a myth that is apparently taking the internet by storm like a virus. Game companies are not making (a) game(s) for you, personally, they are making them to make money.

Now that we've got that out of the way, lets look at why they might make a multiplayer game: because people want it, and thus they can make money.

And even if you find THAT so abhorrant, this is a side project to the main game, it will have /no/ impact on the quality or content of AC3, just as Bloodlines, and the online comics, had no bearing on how much work went into AC2.

And don't think this is just someone who loves everything Ubisoft does is wonderful, because I really don't. I really hate when games are released on handhelds, or when game companies tell stories from their game world in the form of comics, because I really really hate both media and just can't enjoy them even if it means missing out on story.

Luckily, they know this, and nothing important or groundbreaking is ever revealed in these things. I saw nothing of Bloodlines or the comics before AC2, and did I feel that I was missing anything, or not understanding anything that happened in the story? No.

In other words, grow the **** up and stop whining and flaming games companies (or any company for that matter) as soon as they make one single decision that you do not like, especially when they are making sure that that decision does not impact on people who do not want to play a multiplayer game.

This is not going to be the MW2 of AC, its not going to be a game with a fairly short single player experience in order for them to concentrate on a multiplayer side of things, it is a separate multiplayer title for the exact reason that it means they don't lose any resources or effort when they come to make the next single player.

sgt_brent
01-15-2010, 06:46 PM
First off, it seems like you're the one over reacting and being a little immature..

Originally posted by DLTyrus:
First, let me debunk a myth that is apparently taking the internet by storm like a virus. Game companies are not making (a) game(s) for you, personally, they are making them to make money.

Try reading some of my earlier posts in this thread..

As Ubisoft's Official Assassin's Creed forum, we are here for input.. The people on this forum are SUPPOSED to give feedback on to their decisions with the game, and all areas of their development.. It's up to the developers to make the final decisions - But since we represent "the fans", or people who are fan-enough to care about the development process in the next titles; The right is completely in ALL of our hands to do exactly that - Give feedback on this multiplayer decision..

And even if you find THAT so abhorrant, this is a side project to the main game, it will have /no/ impact on the quality or content of AC3, just as Bloodlines, and the online comics, had no bearing on how much work went into AC2.

This is what has yet to be CONFIRMED, as far as I know.. It definitely had been rumoured on various websites, that this new game will be sold at full price, on shelves.. But whether its console or not - As far as I know.. Has not been confirmed.. With the fact that it is multiplayer - REALLY, it is likely that it will be out on console..

In other words, grow the **** up and stop whining and flaming games companies...

Who are you talking to, specifically? I am against multiplayer, but I am confident I have never flamed OR whined regarding the decision.. I simply voiced my opinion, which is the entire point here..

I really think you should relax with your posts.. But I see with only 74 posts, you haven't been around long enough to fully understand what developers generally look for in terms of forum discussion.. What you just did was directed towards members in a negative manner, and in no way did it contribute to the effectiveness of this thread..

If there is anything I have learnt during my time on the Ubisoft forums, it's that RESPECTING everyone's opinions will gain you respect in return..

LaurenIsSoMosh
01-15-2010, 06:59 PM
EDIT ON TOP: Ugh, no embed skills. -_-

Hey! Hey, Ubisoft!

This is the kind of crap that would make for an amazing and unforgetable Assassin's Creed multiplayer experience:

Co-op! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS6Wnb1sJvI)

And this is the kind of crap that would be an embarrassment to Assassin's Creed forever freaking ever:

Competitive! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cudCajMNRM0)

HINT: One of these multiplayer modes is your own. Choose wisely.

DLTyrus
01-15-2010, 07:27 PM
Try reading some of my earlier posts in this thread..

As Ubisoft's Official Assassin's Creed forum, we are here for input.. The people on this forum are SUPPOSED to give feedback on to their decisions with the game, and all areas of their development.. It's up to the developers to make the final decisions - But since we represent "the fans", or people who are fan-enough to care about the development process in the next titles; The right is completely in ALL of our hands to do exactly that - Give feedback on this multiplayer decision..

First, my post was directed at the opening post and that general attitude that "I don't like this idea/feature/whatever, you all suck and I'll never buy your games again." etc. Perhaps I should have actually stated in the post that that was the intent, but nevertheless.

Second, as a rule of thumb official forums, not matter how official, represent a small (almost insignificant) portion of the playerbase of any game. For an example, let me use MW2 (and only because I don't know figures for AC2) which sold around 8 million copies last I checked, and their "official forums" have, at most, 400 members. So, while any gamer can offer their opinion on a game or what the game company does, which is fine, it annoys me to no end that as soon as a gamer gets mad at a company they adopt this attitude that the gaming company owes them something, and that they should do everything they say.

In short: So long as they spend all their time and money developing every feature Player X wants, and nothing else, then they will contently play the game and maybe offer a little praise, but if they do one thing that Player X dislikes he will demonize the company to no end.

This is what has yet to be CONFIRMED, as far as I know.. It definitely had been rumoured on various websites, that this new game will be sold at full price, on shelves.. But whether its console or not - As far as I know.. Has not been confirmed.. With the fact that it is multiplayer - REALLY, it is likely that it will be out on console..

Maybe not entirely confirmed, but the time scale would almost certainly suggest that it is so:

AC1 was released in November of 2007, which was followed by the AC:Bloodlines for PSP and AC2 for PS3/Xbox and they were released simultaenously which basically means they were developed alongside one another.
Now this multiplayer game will be released in only on year, making it unlikely to be AC3 unless they're really going to push AC3 development to half the time of AC2. Also, it has been said to feature Ezio which means it must take place in the same period of time, which again makes it unlikely to be AC3 unless Ubisoft have really become that uninspired.

It being a console game doesn't really make a difference as to whether it will just be a side-game or a main game in the series, since its not like its easier to create a handheld game than a console game.

Who are you talking to, specifically? I am against multiplayer, but I am confident I have never flamed OR whined regarding the decision.. I simply voiced my opinion, which is the entire point here..

I really think you should relax with your posts.. But I see with only 74 posts, you haven't been around long enough to fully understand what developers generally look for in terms of forum discussion.. What you just did was directed towards members in a negative manner, and in no way did it contribute to the effectiveness of this thread..

If there is anything I have learnt during my time on the Ubisoft forums, it's that RESPECTING everyone's opinions will gain you respect in return..

As I said at the start, I'm talking to the OP/that general attitude, and again I apologize that that wasn't clear and if you were personally offended or whatever. I have no idea if you've flamed or whined and never intended to claim you have.

My post count here, though, is fairly irrelevant. I pretty much sign up for forums on any game I play (albeit, thats not as many as some people) and usually end up getting into deep discussions about it even if I only intended to just see what people thought of the game. I have only a few posts here, yes, but then I got AC2 for christmas and not when it first game out, and then spent a few weeks playing it and only signed up here a week or so ago.
As for what developers look for in forum discussion, well, its certainly not the angry "You made me mad now!" posts that the OP made, and nor is jumping down their throat over how horrible a game will be based on so little info.

And yes, perhaps my post was unconstructive, but I am quite sick of seeing rants against game companies because they don't fulfill someone's every desire. And feel free to enjoy the irony of ranting about ranting.

This forum has a generally pleasant attitude, and posts like this remind me of the Modern Warfare 2 forums (if you've not been there/don't play that game, I envy you) were 99% of posts are attacking Infinity Ward for a "totally broken" game, and some of the posts are just plain disgusting such as personal attacks against IW's Community Manager for "abandoning" the community, just because he focuses on spreading news via twitter and not so much on the forums.

So, to sum up: Aimed at you personally? No. Rant against angry-mob posts because game companies decided to make something you didn't like? Yes. And if you've made no such post, well, my post wasn't aimed at you. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

InfernalTyrant
01-15-2010, 07:40 PM
@DLTyrus, amen!

sgt_brent
01-15-2010, 09:00 PM

You know what, Tyrus.. You remind me ALOT of myself..

I spend 90% of my Ubi-Forum time over at Splinter Cell: Conviction..

When I started communicating my opinion on the game, I very soon found out how quick people are to judge a person based on their "un-popular" outlook on the game.. My outlook was completely positive, (Even with my constructive criticism - My feedback and input into it's development).. I even started a thread titled "I'm excited about Splinter Cell: Conviction (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5271091065/m/2731041418)", where my goal was to make a stand against the seemingly overwhelming forum full of haters.. Since every other new thread seemed to set out to completely BASH Ubisoft and their development decisions towards Conviction..

Like you said, and you are completely right - These Official forums DO, in fact, represent an EXTREMELY small percentage of gamers.. But the fact remains, that we are here for feedback to the developers.. And you're right, they don't look for "You made me mad now!" posts - But specific threads relating to an issue the majority of members are in common with, in this case multiplayer, that likely should be feedback enough..

I am sick of flamers, haters, and nay-sayers, likely more than you are, since I have spent MOST of my forum time battling hoards of them, especially since Conviction has taken the stage.. I do not take bashing of other members, individual developers, moderators or anybody else for that matter, too lightly.. This should be a professional, productive forum..

I am glad you share this outlook - But please don't insult members, myself included, for having a negative opinion on a development idea.. If people want to flame.. Try to ignore them - It only causes arguments, and likely will lead to a closed thread, which otherwise may have had a great possibility for discussion and feedback!

I would really love to see this thread get back on topic though, starting now.. It has some great potential! Keep it going, guys!!

thebutcherhead
01-15-2010, 10:32 PM
We should hug each other http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Oatkeeper
01-15-2010, 11:44 PM
Does no one remember the capture the flag missions from the fair, That would be kind of fun if they expanded on it.

thebutcherhead
01-15-2010, 11:46 PM
Yeah they could do like a fortress capture the flag where the first team to capture the other stronghold's flags wins. Templar and Assassin's flags? idk

vI Demon Iv
01-16-2010, 04:17 PM
Yeah they could do like a fortress capture the flag where the first team to capture the other stronghold's flags wins. Templar and Assassin's flags? idk
Something like this could actually work.
I still don't want Ubi to give us any incentive (try to get us to play) to play MP other than to have fun (no achievements, unlockables, missing story).

Gotta say, it's amazing how children act when you say something they disagree with. I just got a PM from one.
The first line was "Ok first things first. I don't like you.". It was filled with foul language, flaming, trolling, and harassing words.
If this really is the maturity level of a person playing this game, their parents REALLY need to start paying attention to age ratings. It's the unstable, aggressive, immature people like this that commit a crime then blame a video game.

DLTyrus
01-16-2010, 04:32 PM
If this really is the maturity level of a person playing this game, their parents REALLY need to start paying attention to age ratings. It's the unstable, aggressive, immature people like this that commit a crime then blame a video game.

Thats a bit rich since you were crying so hard in your opening post, to be completely honest.

vI Demon Iv
01-16-2010, 05:03 PM
DLTyrus:
Good, I'm glad you think so. All your comments are so constructive and none of your posts, speaking to me, have been what is considered flaming or trolling.
I thank you for being so great.

DLTyrus
01-16-2010, 05:51 PM
So, what, you're going to be all sarcastic that I'm not constructive in a topic that was about "WHAAA, DON'T WANT MULTIPLAYER http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif"?

LaurenIsSoMosh
01-16-2010, 06:09 PM
Fellas, fellas, it's clear that you don't agree with each other, and there's nothing wrong with that, but insults and bickering are not the way to go about it.

One love, brah. <3

There's going to be multiplayer. The only thing that can be done now is give Ubisoft your honest opinions in a constructive fashion so that they can shape it up to be the best it can be.

ApocaLeepse
01-16-2010, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by LaurenIsSoMosh:
Fellas, fellas, it's clear that you don't agree with each other, and there's nothing wrong with that, but insults and bickering are not the way to go about it.

One love, brah. <3

There's going to be multiplayer. The only thing that can be done now is give Ubisoft your honest opinions in a constructive fashion so that they can shape it up to be the best it can be.
Probably some of the wisest words ever stated on an internet forum. I guess I might as well start by giving Ubisoft my honest opinion on it. Multiplayer is nice, but in no way should it ever become a priority over the amazing story Assassin's Creed has. Ever.

sgt_brent
01-16-2010, 08:18 PM
Ya, I've realized that in my own mind - Can't wait to see some details!

JAHman28
01-17-2010, 02:32 PM
This is the first I've heard of any AC games after a certain November the twentieth.
Where did you find this, so I can pass judgement?
thnx http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Captain Tomatoz
01-17-2010, 03:04 PM
dont no if its been posted but you no its for ipod touch right?
http://assassinscreed.us.ubi.c...s-creed-2/itouch.php (http://assassinscreed.us.ubi.com/assassins-creed-2/itouch.php)

mikeh1294
01-17-2010, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Tony6593:
http://assassinscreed.us.ubi.c...s-creed-2/itouch.php (http://assassinscreed.us.ubi.com/assassins-creed-2/itouch.php)

As I've said before:

Someone I know at Ubi sent me this link:

http://www.eurogamer.net/artic...pisode-by-april-2011 (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/assassins-creed-mp-episode-by-april-2011)

The wording of that article suggests new game that isn't exclusively multiplayer; "a new episode of Assassin's Creed, which will be the first in the series to have an online multiplayer mode"

That suggests to me that it is single player with a multiplayer bit, like most games. The iPod one seems to just be multiplayer.

EDIT: Also, the iPod one is called "Assassins Creed: Multiplayer", this new one is "Assassins Creed: Episodes". That suggests that they are two different games.

Captain Tomatoz
01-17-2010, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by mikini:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tony6593:

As I've said before:

Someone I know at Ubi sent me this link:

http://www.eurogamer.net/artic...pisode-by-april-2011 (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/assassins-creed-mp-episode-by-april-2011)

The wording of that article suggests new game that isn't exclusively multiplayer; "a new episode of Assassin's Creed, which will be the first in the series to have an online multiplayer mode"

That suggests to me that it is single player with a multiplayer bit, like most games. The iPod one seems to just be multiplayer.

EDIT: Also, the iPod one is called "Assassins Creed: Multiplayer", this new one is "Assassins Creed: Episodes". That suggests that they are two different games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh sorry

didn't see your post http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif