PDA

View Full Version : mission downloads

chrisjones1970
04-07-2007, 04:58 PM
I've tried downloading new missions for il-2 but I am having trouble once I have put them into "my documents".How do I transfer them into the game so I can use the new missions?
A step by step would be really appreciated,I'm getting a little frustrated,I'm sure it can't be that difficult.....
Thanks.

chrisjones1970
04-07-2007, 04:58 PM
I've tried downloading new missions for il-2 but I am having trouble once I have put them into "my documents".How do I transfer them into the game so I can use the new missions?
A step by step would be really appreciated,I'm getting a little frustrated,I'm sure it can't be that difficult.....
Thanks.

XyZspineZyX
04-07-2007, 05:24 PM
Hi Chris

You need to put the mission files into their repective game folders. There will be two files per mission- one with text, and one with mission data

I wrote some instructions for something very similar recently. Here are the basic instructions you'd need:

Open "My Computer". Double click the icon for the hard drive you have installed the simulation on. Standard installs will have gone to the C: drive

Open the folder named "Program Files"

Open the folder named "Ubisoft". If you have both "Ubi Soft" (two words) and "Ubisoft" (one word) folders, make very certain you open the folder named "Ubisoft". If you have just the two word "Ubi Soft" folder, take a moment before continuing and verify that you have at least version 4.07 before proceeding. If you do indeed have 4.07 or above in this case, open the "Forgotten Battles" folder, as you will have no "Il-2 Sturmovik 1946" folder.

Open the folder named "IL-2 Sturmovik 1946"

In that folder, you will see the files and folders that make up the game. For a single mission, you want to open the folder named "Missions", and then the folder named "single"

Inside that folder you will see a bunch of folders with two letter names. These two letters are codes that identify the country the folders are for

For example "UN" is US navy. "GB" is the RAF (Great Britain). Your missions go in these folders if they are for single mission play

For example, you have a mission for the RAF. Open the folders oultined above, and then the "GB" folder. You will probably see a folder named "P-51D". Any mission for single mission play must go into a sub-folder for that country, such as that "P-51D" folder. Here's the trick though- you can put any mission you like into that folder.

What you do is determine which country the mission you have downloaded is for, then place it in the correct country sub-folder in the "single" folder. if there is an existing folder there, you can place any mission in it. The new mission will show up in that'category' when you go to select a mission from that country's single mission menu

You can also add plane folders, but they must be named properly to let the sim know what category to display

If you can't find your game folder, try this:

Go to your "Start" Icon on your Taskbar. Click on the Magnifying Glass icon, named "Search"

From the menu, select "For files or folders"

On the selections panel, select "All files and folders"

Search for "Ubisoft". If you have more than one hard drive, you may need to do multiple searches

Once these files are located, note their file paths, and open the folders required, starting from "My Computer".

Campaigns are similar, but under the "Missions" folder, they go to the "Campaigns" folder, and then the proper campaign country folder

Hope this gets you started