PDA

View Full Version : fw 190 a6 advice and tips

jessi1
06-24-2005, 09:06 AM
Please post your advice and tips for this bird, prop pitch,rad settings,etc etfc. thanks

F_vonIzabelin
06-24-2005, 09:27 AM
You wan't to fly FR??
I can give you some advice for Virtual Front Flying (Bellum style, like Czechwar)
First, ENERGY, hold energy, it's life.
If you don;t knwo what to do with your free time, climb, 7k should be enough. Energy is your best friend, if you have Potenial E, you can easily change it to Kinetic E, and vice versa.
Rad settings, always Open, during first B&Z attack, close rad, after attack, when you are back at 7k, open it.
Prop pitch, during climbing you can set it on 100%, much more effective.
Learn how to do the the defensive spiral, and rolling scissor, they will be your best friends, if someone get's above you.
Remember the fw190 has lot's of ammo, shoot every time you can hit something, you might not have a second chance.
Drei, set you guns to 100-150m, and shoot from that distance.
Four, speed and height is life, if you can't outrun someone, you can outdive it (don't try with the p47 though:P.
You can easily cross 750 kmph (up to 830) and pull out of a dive with no problems. Any yak or la who will go after you, will lose his wings.

An finally, if you let an ace on your six, nothing will help you, The Sad-Farmer will catch you;P
So always fly high and fast.
First think about your life, then about the enemy, you won't help the war effort if you are dead;P

F19_Ob
06-24-2005, 09:58 AM
Practising your plane is ofcourse good but also test your most common opponents.
Then U will have a better understanding what u can get away with and not.
Some forget this part.

Set convergence on the range that feels good for U.
I fire a lot on long ranges so in a fw190 I would set it to 300m it allows an ok hitpattern up to 600m.

Dont worry about proppitch yet. leave it on auto until u can fight without it.
Not nescessary for mastery in the air.

More important is to be able to turn hard in all speeds and well oriented in tactics and knowledge of the opponents.
Radiators are easy in the sim and if uncertain open them fully. the speedloss because of radiators are neglible and shouldn't affect the outcome. Fw190 had autosettings and most pilots used that and opened them if overheating.
Avoid overheats longer than a minute if possible.
When the engine starts squeaking U have a couple or three minutes, in best case, to find a field or a road for landing.

well, my thoughts

F_vonIzabelin
06-24-2005, 05:57 PM
my advice is only for FR virtual wars games, were you should get as close as you can.
20mm fire is much more effecitive in Olegotrix under 120m (as if TNT lose energy in distance:P, so come close, be sure of hitting ,and tear him apart with 4x 20mmhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Hunde_3.JG51
06-24-2005, 06:17 PM
Here:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/26310365/m/7091001233/p/2