PDA

View Full Version : WARNING: Resupply and you WILL lose all promotions/medals earned for current mission!

Charlie901
04-15-2005, 01:17 PM
I stopped at an Axis port (not my home port), during my current mission, to resupply and repair damage.

While at this port I noticed I had limited options in the commander's room, such as not being able to promote or award medals to my crew.

In addition the mission said "Return to Base".

So after leaving this port I immediately returned home and noticed that a new Patrol was generated on my transit home.

Thus I entered the commander's room and although I retained the Renown from my previous patrol, I lost all credit for promotions and medals earned cause it only showed my transit mission as my active one (where nothing was sunk).

I this a bug?

Should I be able to promote/award at a resupply stop?

Is there a way to go one Patrol back (non transit Patrol) to be able to award/promote my crew?

Charlie901
04-15-2005, 01:17 PM
I stopped at an Axis port (not my home port), during my current mission, to resupply and repair damage.

While at this port I noticed I had limited options in the commander's room, such as not being able to promote or award medals to my crew.

In addition the mission said "Return to Base".

So after leaving this port I immediately returned home and noticed that a new Patrol was generated on my transit home.

Thus I entered the commander's room and although I retained the Renown from my previous patrol, I lost all credit for promotions and medals earned cause it only showed my transit mission as my active one (where nothing was sunk).

I this a bug?

Should I be able to promote/award at a resupply stop?

Is there a way to go one Patrol back (non transit Patrol) to be able to award/promote my crew?

Frederf220
04-15-2005, 03:05 PM
The problem is your opportunity to award your crew happened at the resupply base, not after that when you went home.

I have done the resupple once, and I had to give out medals, qualifications at Hamburg, not Wilhelmshaven, my home base.

Narog
04-15-2005, 04:03 PM
Does that mean you can't postpone the handing-out-medals business until you feel like handing them out even if you only dock at your home base?
There probably will be times where I want to save promotions or medals for officers that I can't promote or give medals to yet, but If I'll lose them either way I might as well give them to some sub-officer or seaman...

Charlie901
04-15-2005, 05:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Frederf220:
The problem is your opportunity to award your crew happened at the resupply base, not after that when you went home.

I have done the resupple once, and I had to give out medals, qualifications at Hamburg, not Wilhelmshaven, my home base. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I tried to but the Crew papers document on the commanders desk was not clickable, thus I could not give out any medals or promotions?

Lovo_Kasistan
04-15-2005, 05:20 PM
You had to click on the drawer right next to the map.

Frederf220
04-15-2005, 08:04 PM
"Does that mean you can't postpone the handing-out-medals business until you feel like handing them out even if you only dock at your home base?"

Apperantly so. I've given out award at a resupply base, so it can (actually must if you don't want to forfeit) be done.

Sidmo
04-16-2005, 02:20 AM
You can re-supply, how!