PDA

View Full Version : Will Animus Edition arrive later in post?

iNJW
11-01-2011, 10:00 AM
This is the fist time i have pre ordered a game that comes in a box... so i am worried as to what will happen postage wise as every time i rely on the royal mail they seem to hate me

Thanks
-N

LightRey
11-01-2011, 10:03 AM
They will always try to deliver it on the day of release or before.

luigibros_9
11-01-2011, 10:03 AM
When I ordered the Codex edition for Brotherhood it came on the release date which made me feel very happy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

iNJW
11-01-2011, 10:04 AM
ahhh thats brilliant then, and thanks for the quick replies http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

-N http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

superkootje
11-01-2011, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:

You're dutch right?
I ordered animus edition from bol.com, will I get it at release day??

ccccc382
11-01-2011, 10:21 AM
hallo ik ben nieuw op de ac forums
maar toen ik ac b codex versie kocht op bol.com
kreeg ik hem een dag voor de nederlandse realse datum

LightRey
11-01-2011, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by superkootje:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

You're dutch right?
I ordered animus edition from bol.com, will I get it at release day?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Probably, yes. PostNL and TNT are usually quite reliable when it comes to delivering packages and especially in this case, because release is on a weekday. Just make sure someone's home to receive the package, else it'll either be delivered to the neighbors or they'll try again the next day (and if they still can't deliver it then, you'll have pick it up from the post office the (week)day after that).

Originally posted by ccccc382:
Please speak English as this is an English speaking forum. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

That happens sometimes if you're lucky. They'll always try to deliver it on or before the day of release, so if they can't deliver everything on release day they'll start delivering early.

JJTHoukes
11-01-2011, 10:24 AM
Probably, yes. PostNL and TNT are usually quite reliable when it comes to delivering packages and especially in this case, because release is on a weekday. Just make sure someone's home to receive the package, else it'll either be delivered to the neighbors or they'll try again the next day (and if they still can't deliver it then, you'll have pick it up from the post office the (week)day after that) .

I hope not!
There are no more post offices.

Also, I believe PostNL and TNT are the same?
I'm not sure.

LightRey
11-01-2011, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by ThyMolizzo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
Probably, yes. PostNL and TNT are usually quite reliable when it comes to delivering packages and especially in this case, because release is on a weekday. Just make sure someone's home to receive the package, else it'll either be delivered to the neighbors or they'll try again the next day (and if they still can't deliver it then, you'll have pick it up from the post office the (week)day after that) .

I hope not!
There are no more post offices.

Also, I believe PostNL and TNT are the same?
I'm not sure. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I wasn't sure so I just used both names. Either way you shouldn't worry too much. I did have that problem when I pre-ordered Halo: Reach, but if you want to be sure you could always ask your neighbors if they'll be there just to make sure.

iNJW
11-01-2011, 10:31 AM
ahh, i have all of the posting business sorted, my dad is usually off work on a tuesday as he is self employed, so he'll be home to get it and drop it round my house. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

JJTHoukes
11-01-2011, 10:45 AM

I wasn't sure so I just used both names. Either way you shouldn't worry too much. I did have that problem when I pre-ordered Halo: Reach, but if you want to be sure you could always ask your neighbors if they'll be there just to make sure.

I'm not worrying.
I pre-ordered the normal edition. I don't have enough money to waste it on the Animus edition. Paying almost double the price just for a book which the information from will end up online anyway? Heh.

I was just saying there are no more post offices.. since... last week, I believe.
Instead, there are now certain stores and other establishments where you can send and collect packages.

LightRey
11-01-2011, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by ThyMolizzo:

I'm not worrying.
I pre-ordered the normal edition. I don't have enough money to waste it on the Animus edition. Paying almost double the price just for a book which the information from will end up online anyway? Heh.

I was just saying there are no more post offices.. since... last week, I believe.
Instead, there are now certain stores and other establishments where you can send and collect packages. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Same thing really. It's still used for posting and it's still an office. It's just not called "post office" anymore.

pacmanate
11-01-2011, 11:54 AM
You'll get it on the day. I joined last year and basically ranted on the release beacuse Play.com fooodled with the orders and mine ended up arriving at 6pm

playassassins1
11-01-2011, 12:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by superkootje:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by LightRey:

You're dutch right?
I ordered animus edition from bol.com, will I get it at release day?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Probably, yes. PostNL and TNT are usually quite reliable when it comes to delivering packages and especially in this case, because release is on a weekday. Just make sure someone's home to receive the package, else it'll either be delivered to the neighbors or they'll try again the next day (and if they still can't deliver it then, you'll have pick it up from the post office the (week)day after that).

And if you pre-ordered at a game store (gamemana is where i pre-ordered) and you have to come pick it up, will the AE be available on the release date or a couple days after?

LightRey
11-01-2011, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by playassassins1:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by superkootje:

You're dutch right?
Probably, yes. PostNL and TNT are usually quite reliable when it comes to delivering packages and especially in this case, because release is on a weekday. Just make sure someone's home to receive the package, else it'll either be delivered to the neighbors or they'll try again the next day (and if they still can't deliver it then, you'll have pick it up from the post office the (week)day after that). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
And if you pre-ordered at a game store (gamemana is where i pre-ordered) and you have to come pick it up, will the AE be available on the release date or a couple days after? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
AE? If you're referring to the game then you will be able to pick it up on the day of release.

playassassins1
11-01-2011, 12:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by playassassins1:

You're dutch right?
Probably, yes. PostNL and TNT are usually quite reliable when it comes to delivering packages and especially in this case, because release is on a weekday. Just make sure someone's home to receive the package, else it'll either be delivered to the neighbors or they'll try again the next day (and if they still can't deliver it then, you'll have pick it up from the post office the (week)day after that). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
And if you pre-ordered at a game store (gamemana is where i pre-ordered) and you have to come pick it up, will the AE be available on the release date or a couple days after? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
AE? If you're referring to the game then you will be able to pick it up on the day of release. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I mean Animus = A Edition = E

LightRey
11-01-2011, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by playassassins1:
I mean Animus = A Edition = E
Ah, well then the same applies, yes.

dewgel
11-01-2011, 12:37 PM
I preordered from HMV UK last year, for Brotherhood. It didn't come till 1 week afterwards.

We complained, were told there's nothing they can do about it, they simply tried their best but couldn't meet demand and stock was short.

Bearing in mind, I got sick of waiting by day 2 I went to HMV myself, and bought a copy myself (from the massive stock in store)

This year I've went with Play.com, anyone had any experience with them? Early? Late?

Serrachio
11-01-2011, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by dewgel:
I preordered from HMV UK last year, for Brotherhood. It didn't come till 1 week afterwards.

We complained, were told there's nothing they can do about it, they simply tried their best but couldn't meet demand and stock was short.

Bearing in mind, I got sick of waiting by day 2 I went to HMV myself, and bought a copy myself (from the massive stock in store)

This year I've went with Play.com, anyone had any experience with them? Early? Late?

I ordered the Codex Edition on my birthday (December 3rd) and it wasn't even dispatched until the 6th. I think it didn't arrive until the 8-9th, so yeah, it was late by a few days. Then again it may have been shipped, but I doubt it seeing as they should have warehouses in the UK.

I had to order the Collector's Edition from them this time around as well, seeing as you need to have PayPal to buy it from Ubisoft's own store.

rocketxsurgeon
11-01-2011, 02:08 PM
The provider will always try and get your order to you on day of release. I got ACB the day before the release date last year as it arrived early. When i ordered infamous 2, i got it about 3 days late.
Depends who you order from and where abouts you are and their estimate to get it to you.

Game are normally pretty good for pre-orders. Play however, are not. For me at least.

The-Auditore
11-01-2011, 03:25 PM
What about Ubisoft, if I bought from their online store (I'm from the UK by the way.) I've a vauge memory of them saying it's going to be dispatched on the 11th, but will it be dispatched from Canada? Because that'll be like a 2 week wait...Last year Amazon got it me a day early, hoping it'll be here on time or a dayearly this year too!

jonnyrox5
11-03-2011, 01:50 PM
I was thinking the same thing, can someone please tell me if they will be dispatching from Canada or a warehouse in the UK, as I would really like to know if it will arrive in the post on release. thanks if anyone can answer my question.

ccccc382
11-03-2011, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by ccccc382:
Please speak English as this is an English speaking forum. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

sorry my fault i forgot but what i meant was that my ac b came before the realse date in europe and i live in europ so i think you will get it early to (sorry for bad spelling)

BlackRose1809
11-03-2011, 04:58 PM
I'm from the US, and I really understand what the OP is saying. Sometimes my stuff in the mail get lost. So I was royally ****ed with EA once because my pre-ordered game didn't get through. SO I had to download it on their credit. But anyways, what I do now is neither download online (If it's the sims) but if it's a PS3 game, I just go and preorder it from my local gamestop. Easier and I just go get it. No problems at all since I done this.

burtie80
11-04-2011, 06:27 AM
I am wondering when it will arrive from Ubisoft too. I ordered the Animus edition for PS3 from them but on my order status it says it will be delivered after 31/12/2011!! I have emailed customer services and they have told me that when the item is available to the public my order will be fulfilled and posted...when ever that may be!
If its coming from Canada I guess I can expect an even longer wait! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

ResidentTroll
11-04-2011, 06:45 AM
Will it come in the post?
No, it will come on the back of a horse.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

LightRey
11-04-2011, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by ResidentTroll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Will it come in the post?
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
With three legs. He lost one in the war.

ResidentTroll
11-04-2011, 07:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ResidentTroll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Will it come in the post?
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
With three legs. He lost one in the war. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ubisoft deliver in true style.

Dralight
11-04-2011, 07:18 AM
For those of you who ordered from Ubisofts online store and are wondering where your game will be coming from, if you log into the site with your order number and password you can view your invoice and it tells you. Mines coming from Luxembourg and i live in the UK, so it should arrive on release day (i hope lol).

burtie80
11-04-2011, 09:13 AM
Just checked my invoice and it says Luxembourg too!

LightRey
11-04-2011, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by burtie80:
Just checked my invoice and it says Luxembourg too!
Mine too, which is to be expected since The Netherlands is closer to Luxemburg than the UK is.

Chariflame
11-04-2011, 12:08 PM
My Black + White Editions of ACII arrived the day before official release, while my Codex Edition for Brotherhood arrived on the day. If you ordered from UbiShop, you should get it on release day if not before - my order page says it's going to be dispatched on the 11th, which gives it quite a few days grace to get here by the 15th.

If not from there, practically all online game stores ship a few days before release in order for them to arrive on release day, so it's most likely you will. You never know, you might even get it a day early.

CalKlein
11-04-2011, 12:55 PM
Hi

I hope someone will be able to answer my query as I am eager to receive my copy on release day.

I ordered my Animus Edition from Ubishop on the 16th July as at that time this was the only supplier offering a pre-order of this edition, I have just checked my invoice and it says "This order will be shipped after the release date of 11/11/2011 for Assassin’s Creed® Revelations - Animus Edition."
when I click on View Invoice it says my payment was made to Digital River in Luxembourg, this does not mean that it will ship from Luxembourg as Digital River that I have used previously as they are an eCommerce company used by many retailers (mcafee, ea, microsoft).
Does anyone else's give a different shipping date and when did you pre-order??
Would be good if you pasted the actual wording...

I really hope mine arrives as both my codex Brotherhood arrived from Play and other games from hmv/ game arrived prior to release

Mr_Shade
11-04-2011, 01:05 PM
Any questions about shipping of the games, needs to really be directed to the company you ordered from.

If not, you may be disappointed if you take other peoples personal experiences as gospel.

Remember as well, that some other stores may ship early, but hold at your local delivery depot, for delivery on the day of release.

Game.co.uk do this for most large releases, as an example.

HiddenBlade593
11-04-2011, 02:45 PM
Well, speaking for myself, I ordered mine off of the Ubi store, but I remember seeing something about the 11th? Is this the dispatch date? And if I'm from UK will it have to come over-seas?

<span class="ev_code_RED">H-B</span>

jonnyrox5
11-06-2011, 03:24 AM
can anyone from ubisoft please answer this question or give us an idea please?

burtie80
11-06-2011, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by CalKlein:

Mine says this: "This order will be shipped after the release date of 31/12/2011 for Assassin’s Creed® Revelations - Animus Edition"

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

LightRey
11-06-2011, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by burtie80:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CalKlein:

Mine says this: "This order will be shipped after the release date of 31/12/2011 for Assassin’s Creed® Revelations - Animus Edition"

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I believe that's a mistake that others have also experienced. It should arrive on the 15th just like the rest.

Mr_Shade
11-06-2011, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by jonnyrox5:
can anyone from ubisoft please answer this question or give us an idea please? As I posted - you need to speak to the store you ordered from..

they will be able to give you a rough idea - however you local postal service could delay it.

No one on the forums, will have access to your order details - so you need to speak directly with the store.

NuclearFuss
11-06-2011, 10:06 AM
I used to get everything at least a day before release date with Play.com, but after they botched my last few pre-orders (Infamous 2 especially), I've boycotted them until they get their act together.

CalKlein
11-06-2011, 11:13 AM
As I posted - you need to speak to the store you ordered from..
Following Mr_Shades advice I contacted UbiSoft as that is the store I bought it from - Nowhere else sold the Animus edition at the time

This is the response I Got

Dear xxxxxxxxx (took my name out!),

Thank you for contacting the Ubisoft Store.

The product that you ordered is a pre-order and has not yet been
released to the public.

Although we do not have an estimated release date, as soon as it is
available your order will be promptly fulfilled and you will be notified
via email.

If you purchased via credit card, rest assured your card will not be
charged until the product has been released.

Sincerely,
Gretchen D.
Ubisoft Store
Customer Service

burtie80
11-08-2011, 05:00 AM
Thats the exact same response I got when I questioned them over the date of 31/12/2011

lol!

CalKlein
11-09-2011, 01:07 PM
Further to this - and possibly noted elsewhere notifications were sent out today that our animus editions have shipped

burtie80
11-09-2011, 03:02 PM
I just checked again and the date of 31/12/2011 has vanished! I hope its a good sign http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I have had no notification of shipment yet http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

AnthonyA85
11-09-2011, 03:12 PM
Depends which platform you bought it for, people who bought the PC version obviously won't get a notice until a week before it's release date, which as of right now, could be anywhere between 15th of november and next march.

I just checked Gamestop.co.uk, and for the PC version, it says "Preorder ships 09/12/2011"

Yrag86
11-10-2011, 02:33 AM
I hope the Animus Edition comes on release date. This is the first time i've ordered from Ubisoft and Currently when i check my order it says - This order will be shipped after the release date of 15/11/2011 for £10 Voucher.

But if i click on view invoice it says down the bottom - You will be able to retrieve your invoice – with a qualified electronic signature - as a pdf document in a few hours.
I hope this is a sign that it will be dispatched in a couple of hours.

Yrag86
11-10-2011, 05:06 AM
Great news, just received a email off Ubisoft saving its been shipped.
Cant wait.

burtie80
11-10-2011, 05:30 AM
Email received saying shipment on its way! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Mad_Fox84
11-10-2011, 08:08 AM
Has anybody been charged yet? How long should it be before money gets taken out?
I received the email this morning but according to my online banking no money has been taken out yet.

burtie80
11-11-2011, 03:47 AM
Mine has been shipped and the tracking info says it has left Herne-Boernig, Germany and scheduled delivery will be on Tuesday 15/11/11.

Eliottjames
11-14-2011, 09:30 AM
Mine still hasn't been shipped! Has anyone got this? On the order tracking it just says order is being processed!!

iNJW
11-14-2011, 09:32 AM
after much debate, my animus edition has arrived http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif therefore, this thread has been answered http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif thanks ubi, much love, defo ordereing AC3 off of ubistore

-N