PDA

View Full Version : Hyperlobby needs more eastern front servers

na85
12-18-2007, 01:04 AM
I find a lot of the servers don't have a specific "theme" of sorts.

Was it ever this way?

Apparently spits v 109's has a map with jets, kinda weird, doesn't really stick with their theme.

Many of the 'mainstream' servers are either western front (warclouds.... great server but GOD am I getting bored of late war western front planesets) or have a variety of maps that span different theatres and time periods. These latter servers I prefer, because it's good to get some variety.

I tell you, though, if I had the bandwidth, I'd host a mid-early war eastern front server.

Limited planesets, etc.

I gather that Gozr's Normandie-Niemen server was like this, in a way. It's a shame I never knew about it until it was already closing http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Any good eastern front servers out there?

JG52Uther
12-18-2007, 01:08 AM
Yes there does seem a lack of early war Eastern front dogfight servers around.
Ever looked at airforce war online war?

na85
12-18-2007, 01:47 AM
Can't say that I have. Is it a server on HL or what?

msalama
12-18-2007, 02:35 AM
http://war.by-airforce.com/

Was the only thing I flew online for awhile... but... dunno if it's just me, but the asshat quotient both Red and Blue has shot through the roof lately IMO http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

Bartman.
12-18-2007, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by na85:

Was it ever this way?

Apparently spits v 109's has a map with jets, kinda weird, doesn't really stick with their theme.

Many of the 'mainstream' servers are either western front (warclouds.... great server but GOD am I getting bored of late war western front planesets) or have a variety of maps that span different theatres and time periods. These latter servers I prefer, because it's good to get some variety.

I tell you, though, if I had the bandwidth, I'd host a mid-early war eastern front server.

Limited planesets, etc.

I gather that Gozr's Normandie-Niemen server was like this, in a way. It's a shame I never knew about it until it was already closing http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Try u.k dedicated servers 1 2 and 3 for rolling time set historical missions with ground/sea objectives maps and set aircraft .

Bartman .

JG53Frankyboy
12-18-2007, 04:50 AM

Was it ever this way?

Limited planesets, etc.

try to join the SpitVS109 server when their Murmansk,Moscow or Stalingrad missions are running !
that are early easternfront maps in planeset.

JG52Uther
12-18-2007, 04:58 AM
msalama,I agree with you about afw.I have not flown it for weeks.Don't worry though,there is another online war that will soon go into 'beta' stage.

Whirlin_merlin
12-18-2007, 05:12 AM
UK dedicated servers have maps from all fronts including many Eastern.
UK3 might suit you has it is 'nearly' full switch. Locked pit no externals etc but map icons and limited friendly aircraft labels are on.

msalama
12-18-2007, 05:37 AM
S!

Uther, glad to hear this http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Keep us informed, OK?

dbillo
12-18-2007, 07:27 AM

Limited planesets, etc.

The Black Sheep 8th server, BattlegrndsWWII on HL, is new and still testing the maps and working some kinks out, but the plan is to run a series of maps that start early war, 1939, and progress year by year, probably right to 1945 or 46.

Currently, there are only six maps running, however two of them are Eastern front, based on the invasion of Poland in 1939. Poland39 is based on the German invasion in the west, using the NWEurope map, and Lvov39 is based on the Russian invasion in the east, using the Lvov map.

Planesets are limited, and as historical as we can make it. Some substitutes had to be made due to limitations of the sim, like an early Pe-2 for the Poles. You really have to experience flying P.11c against Bf-109E and Bf-110!! It will give you a new found respect for those Polish pilots!

I_JG78_Max
12-18-2007, 07:40 AM
There is a dogfight server in the HL called "Eastern Fronts". It has a more or less historical planeset corresponding to the current runnig theatre, i believe. The goal is similar to the COOP-based Airforcewar 2 to win a map by conquering all you opponents territory, but in this case you can only do so, by capturing the enemies airfield. To do so, you have to weaken its defenses by damaging it and its surrounding area, which is "target rich". After that you have to land a bomber on it and maintain there for a while simultaing the deployment of a boarding party. When you capture one airfield sucessfully, the map will be reloaded with a modified frontline.

The concept of winning a map, by attacking airfields instead of crushing tanks or supply columns marked as mission goals like on many other servers, may not be historical or very realistic, but it is a good fun, when the server is populated, and that is sadly not always the case. I believe there have to be a minimum of players on each side to get the script running, but I am not absolutly sure about this.

You might want to give it a try. Its has not full realistic settings, if i recall correctly, but pretty high ones.

Gruß,

I/JG78_Max

TgD Thunderbolt56
12-18-2007, 08:06 AM
At this late stage in the lifespan of the IL2 franchise, the variety is thinning more every day. Once upon a time you could find just about anything you wanted through HL or ASE. It didn't matter whatyou wanted.

The problem is player numbers (or lack thereof). A perfect case in point were the HISTORIA and Normandie Nieman servers run by GOZR. They had mostly EF planesets, great maps that leaned strongly towards historical accuracy and full-difficulty settings. The numbers just weren't there. There were blocks of time that they had decent numbers, but just not enough to justify keeping them up...so they're gone.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

rnzoli
12-18-2007, 09:26 AM

if you're not afraid of the co-operative format, I re-post the link to the selection that the 102nd COOP dedicated offers:
http://161.53.204.25/Server/cmirko_mission_briefings/index.htm
Lvov '41, Moscow'41 ,Stalingrad autumn '42 and winter '43, Balaton '44 - althogether 45 missions (out of the 200+).

On top of that, 2 dynamic DCG campaign are still active, Finland '41 and Crimea '44. We originally had 5 Eastern Front campaign on this server, but 3 were won in the meanwhile, if there is interest, I can reset them and start anew... (Kuban '42, Prokhorovka '43, Berlin '45).