PDA

View Full Version : custom map naming for server

SDC_WOODY
05-11-2005, 02:33 PM
I'm having a dickens of a time naming my maps so they load in server. I looked at crazyivans guide and figured it looked easy. I even named it "my map" lol.
Can someone give me some examples of the names and how they look?
I would also like to thank crazyivan for helping me out with HL launching my server.
Thankyou

bolillo_loco
05-11-2005, 05:39 PM
I save the maps after they are made to this directory

C:\Program Files\Ubi Soft\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles\Missions\Net\dogfight\1

then I make a brief discription of the map. one note, after you have made the map, but before you save it make sure to edit the discrition. mission name and then the "short" tab. one example

I have a map that has the 12 islands set up like a clock. this map has historically accurate japanese and american a/c that fought during a specific year I used hazy weather also.

so I save the accordingly

japan vs usa 1942 12 island hazy weather map.mis

in the "short" tab listed in "edit discription" I list the map "japan vs usa 1942 12 island hazy weather map.mis" also. I always include the map name in both the game name and short discription, always.

if it is a dogfight mission for online play save it in the net/dogfight........a coop....the same net/coop.......etc.....is this the answer you were looking for?

F19_Orheim
05-11-2005, 05:47 PM
don´t put it in the /1 folder, there are a bunch of spaces before the "1", make a new folder

Tully__
05-11-2005, 06:18 PM
Don't use spaces or non-alphanumeric characters in the mission file names, the game is sometimes reluctant to see files that use those characters.

bolillo_loco
05-11-2005, 11:00 PM
hum, my only experience has been with dogfight maps that I use when I host an online game. when I save them they are in the above mentioned folder that F-19 said not to save them too. I use spaces when I type the map name, ie germany vs england 1942 north africa hazy map.mis and it works flawlessly everytime for me.

if you are renting a server and running fb damion or what ever its called I dont know how fussy it is. I host from my home computer and a residential internet connection. I do not use fb damon (nor can I spell it) meaning I do not use any type of server nor have I down loaded any server program. all games are launched the old fashion way through hyper lobby.