PDA

View Full Version : Corsair Models?

RiesenSchnauzer
11-16-2004, 08:20 PM
As far as I can tell there is no practical difference between the F4U-1D model and the Corsair Mk.IV. Essentially its the same plane with different names unless I am missing something. By the way, I don't care about historical differences but rather in game differences.

RiesenSchnauzer
11-16-2004, 08:20 PM
As far as I can tell there is no practical difference between the F4U-1D model and the Corsair Mk.IV. Essentially its the same plane with different names unless I am missing something. By the way, I don't care about historical differences but rather in game differences.

Major_Hans
11-16-2004, 08:42 PM
Actually, is is essentially the same plane. Just as the Corsair Mk.II is the same as the F4U-1A version. Here's the difference:

F4U models are US fighters, and the base model of the Corsair.
The Corsair Mk.II and Mk.IV are the British models, they have a slightly shorter wingspan. Think of them as what the clippy versions are to the Spitfires.

Compare wing-length of them sometime, it's just a minor change. As for the Mk.I, I can't really say, but I think its completely identical to the early US Corsairs.

VW-IceFire
11-16-2004, 09:24 PM
Just that the FAA Corsairs from Mark II through Mark IV have a slight clipp on the wings to make them fit on FAA hangers.

I'm thankful to have them! They rarely get represented in any official capacity.

RiesenSchnauzer
11-16-2004, 10:33 PM
I didn't know that about the wings. I thought it was just a way to kind of fill out the plane list with the same model.

KarmaT0Burn
11-16-2004, 10:42 PM
Is it me or is the pilot in the F4U out of scale with the rest of the plane.

RiesenSchnauzer
11-16-2004, 10:46 PM
Does anybody know if the clipped wings result in any kind of FM difference?