PDA

View Full Version : How hard woud you have wanted AC:B be compared to AC2?

adarwinter
06-15-2010, 04:12 PM
With the ability to earn enough money to pay off the papal to believe in Allah, a defence button that can be called "invulnerability system" and enough medicine and health that allows a free fall from the pizza tower into a crowd of 40 hungry italian cannibals, AC2 is considered a very easy game for hard core gamers.

For some ppl who are more into just getting through the story to see how it folds out it seemed OK.

From an intervie (with gamespot) with patrice comes the following quote:
"Another big area of refinement is combat. The series has earned a reputation for having a stylish but super-forgiving combat system, and that isn't going to change. Desilets brought up a statistic that said Assassin's Creed II was finished by 40 percent of all players, a remarkable total for a 20-hour action adventure game. He attributed that to the game's relative ease and lack of frustrating, throw-your-controller moments. So instead of making things harder, he wants to instead keep the barrier for entry low and layer on optional difficulty by rewarding skilled players. An example is adding more potential chains and combinations to the flow of combat. Instead of counterattacking one person with a single button, for example, you'll now be able to attack three, four, or five nearby foes with a string of directional attacks all linked together with a fluid motion." -gamespot.com

So it seems like AC:B will not be trying to be challenging. I have no idea why wouldn't the game include a few difficulty levels but it seems like it won't so I'm wondering if patrice was right and ppl really prefer an easy game u don't have to retry missions in and feel the story is flowing steadily or are you the type of person that wan't to be challenged and feel rewarded when he overcomes a hard mission?

Murcuseo
06-15-2010, 04:36 PM
The first time I played through ACII the combat wasn't that big of an issue. I was so engrossed in the storyline it didn't really register fully, there was always the slight feeling it was lacking something but it didn't bother me.

The second play through on the other hand was completely the opposite, I got very tired of waiting for guards to attack during fight sequences and never really felt like much of an Assassin... I chose to run away more often than not which just felt wrong. Rather run away than waste time fighting to be fair...

The brawler style combat was mind numbing for me, and beyond that it was far to defensively based.

The most important thing for me, regardless of how the minions fight is having bosses that can actually kill you... you should die. It should be difficult, frustrating and most importantly satisfying once you finally kick his butt!!

They seem to have made some radical changes for AC:B and I'm looking forward to seeing more in the near future.

So, for me it's 'much harder than AC2. The harder it is - the more rewarding it is.++++++++'

bladencrowd
06-15-2010, 07:28 PM
Long time I've been on here.

It should always be harder. Gameplay vids seem a bit too much for me though. Ezio always gets hit during during a counter or combo-kill.

DJBare
06-15-2010, 10:45 PM
Slightly harder and with detail that AC1 had put back!

But I'm easily frustrated, so I hope they do not go over the top with challenges, especially timed stealth events, wth!, they nearly ruin the game for me, fortunately I can do the other events to get enough investigation done.

adarwinter
06-23-2010, 05:30 PM
another thing that felt weird to me if how AC2 doesnt care if u lose or fail or die. u just respawn a few feet away and almost nothing is lost in your progress.
at least make missions where after u finish the objective u must become annonimous. currently in almost every mission in AC2 u can kill your target and be killed half a second later and still be considered successful. what happened to make an escape?

i dont get ubi. i know they want to keep the game accessible but this is ridiculous...

lilbacchant
06-23-2010, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by adarwinter:
another thing that felt weird to me if how AC2 doesnt care if u lose or fail or die. u just respawn a few feet away and almost nothing is lost in your progress.
at least make missions where after u finish the objective u must become annonimous. currently in almost every mission in AC2 u can kill your target and be killed half a second later and still be considered successful. what happened to make an escape?

i dont get ubi. i know they want to keep the game accessible but this is ridiculous...

You do have to escape most areas now before the sequence completes. But, I agree that they really should utilize difficulty settings. Personally, I'd probably play it on an easier level the first time thru for the story, but replays on harder difficulty -- that'd further enhance it's replay value, imo: "Wow, I never thought I'd survive that mission on the 'Insane' difficulty level!"

adarwinter
06-24-2010, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by lilbacchant:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by adarwinter:

You do have to escape most areas now before the sequence completes. But, I agree that they really should utilize difficulty settings. Personally, I'd probably play it on an easier level the first time thru for the story, but replays on harder difficulty -- that'd further enhance it's replay value, imo: "Wow, I never thought I'd survive that mission on the 'Insane' difficulty level!" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i totally agree. i usually play games the first time around in the one before the hardest difficulty level so i will have a new experience the second play through.
is it really so hard to re-balance things for 3 difficulty settings?
make Ezio more fragile or regenerate health slower or make the AI attack more often in harder difficulty settings? i used a trainer to limit Al-Tair's health to TWO synch bar in the first AC game. just TWO! and i still finished the game. this just shows that UBI is waaaaay too forgiving and they shouldnt be afraid to make things harder.