PDA

View Full Version : gunners need to be able to communicate

stubby
01-26-2006, 07:05 AM
For all those planes that have rear gunners or bombers with gunner positions, it's totally critical to include the ability for AI gunners/radiomen/navigate to communicate to us Human pilots when the $hit hits the fan. One thing that has always annoyed me about Il2 is the fact that AI gunners never give me the dope on what's flying around my plane. BOB - let's hope they include this feature. Not only would help me survive, it would add tons of immersion especially if they put effort into creating believable chatter that varies based on conditions.

Bottom line, I would still like the ability to switch positions but as soon as I get back to the cockpit, the AI takes over and would be able to inform me when there's a baddie on my six instead of me having to swtich around or use externals. It would also be totally cool if they could report damage to plane, let me know when somebody gets it or it's time to bail.

stubby
01-26-2006, 07:05 AM
For all those planes that have rear gunners or bombers with gunner positions, it's totally critical to include the ability for AI gunners/radiomen/navigate to communicate to us Human pilots when the $hit hits the fan. One thing that has always annoyed me about Il2 is the fact that AI gunners never give me the dope on what's flying around my plane. BOB - let's hope they include this feature. Not only would help me survive, it would add tons of immersion especially if they put effort into creating believable chatter that varies based on conditions.

Bottom line, I would still like the ability to switch positions but as soon as I get back to the cockpit, the AI takes over and would be able to inform me when there's a baddie on my six instead of me having to swtich around or use externals. It would also be totally cool if they could report damage to plane, let me know when somebody gets it or it's time to bail.

Capt.LoneRanger
01-26-2006, 07:45 AM
You know Flying Fortress B17-II? That was awesome. The communication was vital to the immense immerson this game had.

Pitty it was rushed to the release and Multiplayer wasn't implemented for that reason. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Sintubin
01-26-2006, 01:42 PM
Agree http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

gbollin
01-26-2006, 08:27 PM
I was flying a SBD dive bomber mission
the other day. I was diveing in on the
target and all of sudden my rear gunner
started shouting Break Break he is on our
tail!! I have never heard this warning before
and it almost made me jump out of my seat.

Hawgdog
01-30-2006, 09:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gbollin:
I was flying a SBD dive bomber mission
the other day. I was diveing in on the
target and all of sudden my rear gunner
started shouting Break Break he is on our
tail!! I have never heard this warning before
and it almost made me jump out of my seat. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've heard that, he is actually saying "fake fake"
he is referring to the elevator on the p-51 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif