PDA

View Full Version : Are You Happy with Janissary's?

tjbyrum1
11-21-2011, 05:51 PM
Janissary's is what I assume the plural form of the word is. Correct if I am wrong.

Before its release, one of the major concerns about Revelations was the Janissary's. Were they to easy, weak, etc... a lot of this stemmed from the disappoint many people felt in Brotherhood about the Papal Guards.

Now I ain't saying the Janissary's are ridiculously difficult, but I will say they're more challenging than the other guards and far more powerful than the Papal Guards.

So far I have found out:
-They can kick you to break your guard
-They can dodge your own kicks
-They can shoot you with a pistol and it is not blockable
-They do not die with one pistol shot, but require multiple shots
-They can end your execution streaks, albeit being damaged in the process
-They can survive your counters

kalo.yanis
11-21-2011, 06:15 PM
The plural form is "janissaries". When you put a noun, ending with a "y", in plural, you convert the y to an ie, unless preceded by another vowel. Apostrophes are reserved mainly for the possessive 's and when you're shortening "is", "are", "do/shall/must/will/have not"... and sometimes for the plural of abbreviations... and some other miscellaneous things. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

SupremeCaptain
11-21-2011, 06:17 PM
I liked them. Certain moments had me going "**** these guys..." if they outnumbered me and I ran away. If I had my recruits I'd call them.

The pistol is easy to dodge if you strafe.

dxsxhxcx
11-21-2011, 06:23 PM
they seem to provide a pretty good fight, do they appear often in the game?! How often do they use their abilities during the battle?!

salted onions
11-21-2011, 07:59 PM
I have fed 7 of my apprentices to the Janissaries. They are quite the opponent. Not very difficult to kill, since that's just the reality of a gameplay mechanics of the AC series, but they do take quite a bit of time and patience.

ihal
11-21-2011, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
they seem to provide a pretty good fight, do they appear often in the game?! How often do they use their abilities during the battle?! After Sequence 6, you'll see them in almost every single (yellow-dot) guard group in the game. In other words, "often". As to their abilities, hard to really say but again, often enough. Sometimes, instead of attack you, they'll try to back up and shoot you.

SleezeRocker
11-21-2011, 08:51 PM
They take over the byzantine guards pretty much after you finish the game.

What im not happy is I can't find a freakin fat santa claus with a feather hat so I can beat him for my platinum :P

Animuses
11-21-2011, 09:29 PM
Besides the city of Constantinople, the Janissaries are the best addition in Revelations.

kriegerdesgottes
11-21-2011, 09:32 PM
Yeah they were done well imo. They are def challenging at times especially when you are in their jannissary camp which is awesome btw and you can take them all on. I really like a couple places in Constantinople and that is one of them. The other one is the upper right hand corner of the map. The Sultan's area that is always red. I like how you can always try to sneak in there without getting caught. I thought that was a good idea.

CRUDFACE
11-21-2011, 10:15 PM
They were like one of the series in general shining improvements. So yeah, lol, I was happy with the Janissary

EzioAssassin51
11-21-2011, 10:26 PM
Definitely a great addition! I felt combat all around was more difficult this time, especially with the Janissaries. I sometimes go 'Damn' when I run into them and always try to air assassinate them first if I can't be bothered with a hard fight. Sometimes I had to run away from the too, earleir in the game!

AdmiralPerry
11-21-2011, 10:30 PM
Loved the Janissaries. Though I really watch myself around them--they scare me. Not the kind of people I want against me, that's for sure... <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Dressing up as one and then having to run from an entire camp of Janissaries was fun, though, if somewhat distressing.</span> And they had cool-looking uniforms.

hinhin96329
11-22-2011, 02:34 AM
I feel a little bit too difficult to kill them. is it possible to kill them with the swoed of Altair by one counter attack?

LightRey
11-22-2011, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by hinhin96329:
I feel a little bit too difficult to kill them. is it possible to kill them with the swoed of Altair by one counter attack?
No, and not with the best sword either (the sword of Alta´r isn't the best sword anymore).

I suggest using bombs to kill them.

Il_Divo
11-22-2011, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hinhin96329:
No, and not with the best sword either (the sword of Alta´r isn't the best sword anymore).

I suggest using bombs to kill them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's the best sword in the game now?

LightRey
11-22-2011, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by Il_Divo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hinhin96329:

What's the best sword in the game now? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The best sword is Yusuf's Turkish Kijil and the best dagger is Mehmet's Dagger. Both have full stats.

ironduke6
11-22-2011, 02:57 AM
The best sword is Yusuf's Turkish Kijil and the best dagger is Mehmet's Dagger. Both have full stats.

Does anyone know the origins of Mehmet's Dagger?

LightRey
11-22-2011, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by ironduke6:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Does anyone know the origins of Mehmet's Dagger? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well I assume it belonged to Mehmet. :P
Other than that it's MAJOR SPOILER AHEAD <span class="ev_code_WHITE">the dagger with which Yusuf was killed</span>.

ironduke6
11-22-2011, 03:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ironduke6:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Other than that it's MAJOR SPOILER AHEAD <span class="ev_code_WHITE">the dagger with which Yusuf was killed</span>. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought his name ?ehzade Ahmet? Unless Mehmet is just another spelling of his name?

BK-110
11-22-2011, 03:14 AM
I quite like them and find them to be quite the challenge if you use little or no armor, like I do. In that case they can easily take almost all of your health in one combo if you're caught of guard by a pistol shot.

I also like the fact that there's many of them. In each Ottoman guard group there are at least two Janissaries, as far as I know. I just wish the Byzantines had some kind of equivalent to the Janissaries, as they're your actual enemies.

hinhin96329
11-22-2011, 03:30 AM
How did you get Yusuf's Turkish Kijil and Mehmet's Dagger?

LightRey
11-22-2011, 03:41 AM
I thought his name ?ehzade Ahmet? Unless Mehmet is just another spelling of his name?
No, Mehmet II was the Sultan that took Constantinople, so my guess would be that it was passed down to Ahmet.

Originally posted by hinhin96329:
How did you get Yusuf's Turkish Kijil and Mehmet's Dagger?

I'm not entirely sure. I believe the sword is a reward for doing the Assassin missions and the dagger either comes with the Ishak Pasha armor or you get it by playing through the story.

ProdiGurl
11-22-2011, 04:06 AM
I was just in a mission where I was fighting 4 of them - they're extremely difficult to kill but they're so kool.
I think they bring a good balance to fighting. But if I have 2 or more of them, I always signal for my assassins.

Fighting seemed alot easier in this one till I got to those guards.

dxsxhxcx
11-22-2011, 04:12 AM
what about killstreaks, are they (the janissaries) able to survive a killstreak once they get hit or are 1HKO like the other guards?!

LightRey
11-22-2011, 04:14 AM
what about killstreaks, are they (the janissaries) able to survive a killstreak once they get hit or are 1HKO like the other guards?!
They lose a quarter of their health and they generally (but not always) end the streak. It also takes longer to actually hit them with it.

dxsxhxcx
11-22-2011, 04:17 AM
that's cool, can't wait to get the game and fight them... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

LightRey
11-22-2011, 04:18 AM
that's cool, can't wait to get the game and fight them... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
They're quite fun to fight, but their guns can be quite annoying. You can't kick them either, since they dodge that (it does stop them from aiming their gun at you though).

ProdiGurl
11-22-2011, 05:43 AM
They end my Killstreaks by blocking my sword attack.
And ya, they shoot you too. Really nasty buggers to get rid of.
I can't even kick them. You almost have to try to maneuver behind them to just run them thru in the back.
I finally just decided to call my assassins in.

SaintPerkele
11-22-2011, 06:27 AM
Can't wait to fight them, sounds like the first actually challenging fight in the AC series since the occasional ones in part one. I'm planning to use kicking, medicine and apprentices as rarely as possible as a personal challenge this time anyway.

iSapitntapit
11-22-2011, 06:54 AM
They're a fun challenge, especially when fighting a group of 4.

The easiest way to stop their gun shots are to just attack them normally while they're aiming.

iN3krO
11-22-2011, 08:10 AM
You say they can break ur defense and can dodge ur kicks.... is it 100% chance like agiles have to dodge ur kicks or is it something like 50% chance?

I really hate what ubisoft did with that part of the AI in Ac2 and its sequels... for gods sake, please, make AI behavior more random even with the archtypes instead of 100% moves prediction like it's now :/

deadly_thought
11-22-2011, 08:28 AM
i use the crossbow and hidden gun alot when fighting this guys in numbers anymore than five and i call in the brotherhood too much time my opinion is if they can dodge or block everything you throw and you have to wait for them to attack they probably shouldnt have a gun to shoot you with while your waiting streaks make them alot easier to deal with

ProdiGurl
11-22-2011, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by iSapitntapit:
They're a fun challenge, especially when fighting a group of 4.

The easiest way to stop their gun shots are to just attack them normally while they're aiming.

Ya, it was really funny when I first got in a fight with 2 of them, here I was swinging & kicking away (while they block it all) and then I heard a gunshot so I stopped & looked around on the Rooftops & for those 'boxes' the guards stand in on the sides of buildings) to see who was shooting at me lol

These things are a serious challenge for me. I need more practice with them.

LightRey
11-22-2011, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
You say they can break ur defense and can dodge ur kicks.... is it 100% chance like agiles have to dodge ur kicks or is it something like 50% chance?

I really hate what ubisoft did with that part of the AI in Ac2 and its sequels... for gods sake, please, make AI behavior more random even with the archtypes instead of 100% moves prediction like it's now :/
They don't break your defense, they stop kill streaks. They're basically a combination of the agile guards and papal guards and have the ability to resist counters and kill streaks.

assassinato_862
11-22-2011, 11:05 AM
-They can shoot you with a pistol and it is not blockable

Actually, I discovered if you time your dodge just right, you can avoid the bullet. Be careful though, it's a smaller window than countering with a hidden blade.

So next time a Janissary aims at you, time how long they take to shoot. And just as you feel they are going to shoot, press X or A and you shall be Neo.

freddie_1897
11-22-2011, 11:23 AM
I think the jannisaries were just right in difficulty, but appeared to often.
Also, how do you get the memoir pages to appear on your map, because only 3 have appeared on mine?

crash3
11-22-2011, 12:19 PM
I think the Janissaries are a good step forward to making guards challenging again like in AC1, the problem is that all other guards are complete push overs. I was so glad we got to fight them lots of times because the Papal guards were too few so I was really happy with the large number of Janissaries

I think more guards should be like the Janissaries as standard, one thing I have noticed with the Janissaries is that they dont physically counter any of your attacks, they just dont die immediately from killstreaks

I think more guards need to be able to carry out deadly counters on you like the guards did in AC1

Also I'm not a big fan of kicking as a way of breaking your guard I much prefer the way they did it in AC1 where guards knocked your weapon out the way then followed through with an attack that you couldnt avoid

Janissaries are a big improvement but I still think plenty can be done to make guards in general more challenging

AdmiralPerry
11-22-2011, 03:50 PM
Hook and runs/throws are also hard to pull off on Janissaries, because the hookblade has a tendency to get tangled in their clothing or something, forcing Ezio to turn around and yank it free.

Animuses
11-22-2011, 04:26 PM
AC2 has the most unpredictable guards...

NewBlade200
11-22-2011, 06:10 PM
They aren't difficult to kill but they are fun to fight. It's nice to fight a guard who won't just bend over when Ezio sneezes. The real trick is to counter steal so you can start your kill streaks again.

tjbyrum1
11-22-2011, 06:36 PM
I never got those little moves.

I know there is a counter steal and a counter... something.... I don't know the other one.

I tried using them as I would a counter, but nothing happens.

What do they do and how do I use them?

naran6142
11-22-2011, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by NewBlade200:
They aren't difficult to kill but they are fun to fight. It's nice to fight a guard who won't just bend over when Ezio sneezes. The real trick is to counter steal so you can start your kill streaks again.

ya, this trick works very well for me. if ur up only against janissaries you can do a counter steal and follow up with a streak, and then just start bouncing between them until they die

TBH tho i find their gun a bit cheap, because the execution moves are so long the janissary has enough time to aim and shoot me before i can do a streak on him... but someone above said that you can dodge the gun, so maybe i just need to practice that

but overall i find them to work well in the game

Sarari
11-22-2011, 09:54 PM
Janissaries are my favorite guards to fight. All the other ones are just Punanies. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

It feels like AC1, just more difficult.

SpyderNynja
11-23-2011, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by crash3:
Also I'm not a big fan of kicking as a way of breaking your guard I much prefer the way they did it in AC1 where guards knocked your weapon out the way then followed through with an attack that you couldnt avoid

this. the kick is lame, I admit.

Also, Love the Janissaries. First Time I died in combat since AC1 (though that's to blame due to guns, purposefully having weak armor and not realizing I had no medicine.)

PRO TIP: You can actually continue your kill streak if you bounce the attacks between Janissaries. Let's say you kill guard 1, then guard 2 and it goes to a Janissary. The Janissary blocks the first attack but then Ezio follows through with a slash that does a small amount of damage. IMMEDIATELY AIM FOR SOMEONE ELSE and your streak will continue. This is even possible against a group of only the masked Janissaries (whom block your "instant" kills but still take damage).

ProdiGurl
11-23-2011, 03:21 AM
Those Janissaries got real ugly for me in that Tarik mission - I could hardly escape the area & had to fight a group of them before I could get away [again]. I finally gave up trying to slash them, the counter-steals are what helped me the most

LightRey
11-23-2011, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
Those Janissaries got real ugly for me in that Tarik mission - I could hardly escape the area & had to fight a group of them before I could get away [again]. I finally gave up trying to slash them, the counter-steals are what helped me the most
Why didn't you just use a smoke bomb or something?

RzaRecta357
11-23-2011, 07:56 AM
I loved em. Actually made me think about a fight sometimes. Worry about my lower level recruits.

iN3krO
11-23-2011, 08:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
Why didn't you just use a smoke bomb or something? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't use the bomb either, doing it the hard way is nice :P

LightRey
11-23-2011, 08:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
Why didn't you just use a smoke bomb or something? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't use the bomb either, doing it the hard way is nice :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I believe ProdiGurl finds the game hard enough as is.

zhengyingli
11-23-2011, 05:05 PM
I was reading through this topic and thought to myself, "I could've sworn that I killed a Janissary with a single counter..." Then through that suspicion I discovered another alternative; if you counter the Janissary during a kill streak (between normal guards, of course), that'll kill him in one hit.

LightRey
11-23-2011, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by zhengyingli:
I was reading through this topic and thought to myself, "I could've sworn that I killed a Janissary with a single counter..." Then through that suspicion I discovered another alternative; if you counter the Janissary during a kill streak (between normal guards, of course), that'll kill him in one hit.
Yep. True.

CRUDFACE
11-23-2011, 06:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zhengyingli:
Yep. True. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No way...really? Something's wrong then, because he just turns back around and tries to wail on me.

Sarari
11-23-2011, 07:12 PM
I love fighting Janissaries. I even go to the restricted area on the bottom right corner of the map and fight like 12 Janissaries at a time. It brings back that long (and sometimes difficult) battle that AC1 provided with the templars or higher ranked guards.

Btw, for anyone who plays Xbox, how do you counter steal? Not counter grab.

masterfenix2009
11-23-2011, 07:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Il_Divo:

What's the best sword in the game now? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The best sword is Yusuf's Turkish Kijil and the best dagger is Mehmet's Dagger. Both have full stats. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Where does Vlad the impalers sword on that list?

Animuses
11-23-2011, 08:02 PM
@assassino151
4/5 for each stat.

SolidSage
11-23-2011, 08:10 PM
I'm very happy for their inclusion, they add the difficulty that has been missing from combat since AC1..... although, in spite of their ability to go toe to toe with most of the equipment, a smoke bomb does the trick.
They do make the recruits more useful too.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Krayus Korianis
11-23-2011, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Sarari:
I love fighting Janissaries. I even go to the restricted area on the bottom right corner of the map and fight like 12 Janissaries at a time. It brings back that long (and sometimes difficult) battle that AC1 provided with the templars or higher ranked guards.

Btw, for anyone who plays Xbox, how do you counter steal? Not counter grab.

RT + Y. Like a regular counter, just you steal their stuff in the process and damage them.

Bonkorz
11-23-2011, 08:40 PM
An in-depth description of the Janissaries:

They can survive 3 counters/executions at a single time.

They run just as fast as an agile and will almost always dodge/deflect your attacks.

They will almost always dodge kicks (it is rare to ever successfully kick one from my experience).

Some Janissaries have less health than others, so those ones will usually die faster.

Some Janissaries DO run from battle, but I'm not sure if this is an actual trait or just an AI glitch.

It is very difficult to disarm them.

Although they can survive combo executions, you can still continue your kill-streak.

Counters can instantly kill them if you are in the middle of a kill-streak (need at least 2 kills to instantly kill).

They will attempt to fire their pistol either sometimes or A LOT. Simply kick (they will automatically dodge it) or attack them with a weapon (they be hit, but will automatically deflect the next attack most of the time).

They cannot be grabbed/counter-grabbed/tossed to the ground during a hook-and-run.

They can always be counter-stolen from. When you successfully counter-steal a Janissary (or any guard besides Agiles for that matter), Ezio can almost always instantly move in for an execution. However, Janissaries with enough health will not be instantly killed, but they will still take damage.

Executions with the fists will ALWAYS instantly defeat Janissaries; this is especially effective after using the counter-steal.

Janissaries carry a lot of stuff: the mid-80s of Akše (currency), 1 fuse splinter/impact caltrop bomb, multiple medicines, multiple bullets, 1 crossbow bolt, and (i think) multiple poisons.

Heavy weapons are rather effective against them, since it only requires 1 hit to deal an execution, so if a Janissary pulls out his gun, Ezio can hit him once and then start an execution.

They take significantly less damage from projectiles (throwing knives, bullets, crossbow bolts), both when unaware AND in battle.

The crossbow isn't too effective with these guys in any condition.

Lethal bombs and throwable weapons (long/heavy weapons) still instantly kill them.

That's probably my best description of them. Hope this helps. I think they are a great addition to this game. I really think all the guards need to share most of the Janissary's attributes. That way, combat won't be so ridiculously easy.

AdmiralPerry
11-23-2011, 11:20 PM
Like some others here, I found out I could bounce between Janissaries like a bladed ping-pong ball of death if I kept the execution streak going. Took down four Janissaries in about two minutes (maybe less) that way.

Also, for whoever suggested using a smoke bomb, I have found it really hard to use a bomb in the middle of a fight, Janissary or not. Too much charge time, and by then someone's trying to stab me. Maybe I just haven't figured it out yet.

LordWolv
11-23-2011, 11:26 PM
I love them, with the balance of the other guards aswell. But, they're VERY annoying. If I'm in a fight with 5 guards for instance, and one is a Janissary, I'd have to get rid of the Janissary first so I could streak kill the rest. If I forgot about him I'd be shot, kicked, etc. If I'm faced by more than three of them though, sometimes I just have to run and drop a bomb or arrow storm them.

It also makes me look differently when undertaking a stealth mission. I always have to look out for Janissaries, because I know that if I get in a fight with them I'm going to become very high profile and most of my stealth attacks won't kill them instantly.

Of course, the best thing is how common they are.

Sarari
11-24-2011, 06:02 AM
I actually take out all the inferior guards and leave the Janissaries for last. I enjoy fighting them a lot, and I haven't bought any armor in the game except for the required ones you have to buy.

How do you keep a kill streak going after hitting a Janissary?

LightRey
11-24-2011, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by Sarari:
I actually take out all the inferior guards and leave the Janissaries for last. I enjoy fighting them a lot, and I haven't bought any armor in the game except for the required ones you have to buy.

How do you keep a kill streak going after hitting a Janissary?
If you were already in a killstreak when you hit the janissary, you should be able to continue by simply attacking another enemy.

Sarari
11-24-2011, 06:22 AM
it doesn't work for me though. Every time I move onto a Jannisary and they don't die, I can't continue?

Do you have any tips besides just move on to the next, because it doesn't work. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

tjbyrum1
11-24-2011, 06:32 AM
In my experience...

During a Kill Streak, as long as you don't attack a Janissary your killstreak can keep going.

But moving to a Janissary usually damages them and ends your killstreak, or you will kill them and the killstreak will stay alive and fresh.

The way I do it, I kill/counter one of those elites/seekers/militia soldiers to get me a killstreak going, and then I use that killstreak to kill off the other non-Janissary soldiers. After that, I use the killstreak on a Janissary to damage him, and from there I am pretty much on the defensive.

Sarari
11-24-2011, 06:45 AM
^This

tjbyrum1
11-24-2011, 06:58 AM
Basically, if you can manage to get all the Jans health to that 25% mark (at least that's what it looks like to me) then counter one of them, you can pretty much execute all the others without a problem.

Il_Divo
11-24-2011, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Bonkorz:

Executions with the fists will ALWAYS instantly defeat Janissaries; this is especially effective after using the counter-steal.

Is it actually possible to perform an execution with the fists? I don't remember it being possible in Brotherhood, so I didn't bother trying in Revelations.

Turinrp
11-26-2011, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by NBST:
The plural form is "janissaries". When you put a noun, ending with a "y", in plural, you convert the y to an ie, unless preceded by another vowel. Apostrophes are reserved mainly for the possessive 's and when you're shortening "is", "are", "do/shall/must/will/have not"... and sometimes for the plural of abbreviations... and some other miscellaneous things. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Every day you learn something new, thanks.

Talking about the topic, I liked the Janissaries, because they are the "elite" and Ezio is not god or a super-assassin, he can beat one or two at the same time.. but when you are fighting against more soldiers, you need your brotherhood.

maxriderules
11-26-2011, 04:47 PM
I love fighting against the Janissaries, but once you get the hang of it you can just take them out in a few moments.

My strategy is to run away, until the janissaries and agiles are catching up, then doing a hook and run, executing the agiles, and then doing 25%damage to the janissary, and then just combo kill him.

With more of them, I do the bladed ping pong ball of doom tactic using my knife (it's quicker than a sword, which helps with quickly countering and executing) until they're all filled with holes.

Skuldpt
11-26-2011, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Il_Divo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bonkorz:

Is it actually possible to perform an execution with the fists? I don't remember it being possible in Brotherhood, so I didn't bother trying in Revelations. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I killed a few Militias with fists http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif So yeah

joaomuas
11-26-2011, 07:38 PM
Since AC1, this is the only AC game that made me escape lots of fights, and that's more than enough for me. It's a good thing the brotherhood has actually got a much better way of helping you, rather than do work similiar to the other factions.

indoblaze
11-26-2011, 07:56 PM
Well, they are certain much more skilled fighters than the Papal Guards. They can also be annoying when you are surrounded by a bunch and you're trying to finish a mission quickly. If you have the time, why not fight them? Some people have been complaining that AC2 and ACB guards were too easy, which is one of the main reasons that IGN doesn't give the AC games the very high rating I believe they deserve. These janissaries is the answer to that complaint. If you don't like them, just use the arrow storm when there are too many, and simply kill the stragglers. It always works for me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

iN3krO
11-26-2011, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by hitrho5:
Well, they are certain much more skilled fighters than the Papal Guards. They can also be annoying when you are surrounded by a bunch and you're trying to finish a mission quickly. If you have the time, why not fight them? Some people have been complaining that AC2 and ACB guards were too easy, which is one of the main reasons that IGN doesn't give the AC games the very high rating I believe they deserve. These janissaries is the answer to that complaint. If you don't like them, just use the arrow storm when there are too many, and simply kill the stragglers. It always works for me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

the mission after yusuf is killed is just spam assassin's and when there are 11 assassin's just spam arrow storm xDDD

InfectedNation
11-27-2011, 03:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hitrho5:

the mission after yusuf is killed is just spam assassin's and when there are 11 assassin's just spam arrow storm xDDD </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

SPOILERS - use your brain, some people haven't finished the story yet.

TrueStoic
11-27-2011, 08:54 AM
Fists,and attack right at the start of counter steal.enough said, makes them roll in pain.

C112408E
11-27-2011, 10:36 AM
I never thought I'd complain about this in an AC game, but I think they are TOO difficult. My biggest gripe with them are the damned pistols they have. Ubisoft, when you want to make guards "harder", just improve their AI and do all that other stuff you did to them (like make them dodge often and hard to counter), but do NOT just give them a pistol for the sake of making them more difficult. They anger me so much, I can't even begin to explain. Anyone who has ever played the game knows exactly what I mean when I say that guns do not work in the combat of this game. It's fine to give some guards on rooftops a rifle, but not to guards who we have to lock-on to and fight like anyone else. It is so irritating to have to unlock from the combat and jump away and then re-lock back into combat mode just to dodge a gunshot. Fighting more than one at a time makes me rage so hard because while I'm busy countering and swinging at one, the others are backing up and spamming their un-dodgeable pistols.

So long story short: Remove their guns and they'd be perfect!

AdmiralPerry
11-27-2011, 11:23 AM
Learn to watch their movements. Every time they go for a pistol attack (which is frequently for me) I kick 'em. Stops 'em every time. It's not like they shoot instantly. In fact, it's exactly like fighting Cesare in Brotherhood.

SolidSage
11-27-2011, 12:57 PM
Lock on, bombs on d- pad, throw a datura on approach or during combat flow.
Alternatively, poison dart on dpad and shoot during combat flow, instant win, just watch out for the wild death throes.

KpElessar
11-27-2011, 04:50 PM
No after some point they are everywhere!!!
You can't outrun them,they stop the kill streak and thay make some achivements imposible!! I dont want to replay all the time past memories it's tiring...

luckyto
11-28-2011, 09:38 AM
They'd be great if they didn't back up and shoot at you. I just end up resorting to poison or guns, but I'd parlay swords with them all day long if they would just fight....

crash3
11-28-2011, 10:57 AM
Still think they are pretty easy, more can be done to improve the challenge presented in combat, after all we play as assassins, not invincible warriors, we should be fleeing not taking on 30 guards.

That aside, I think the Janissaries are a good improvement-a lot better than the Papal Guards, however I really think the combat is disrupted when they use those annoying pistols. The pistols dont add challenge, they are just annoying. Get rid of pistols and develop the sword skills

Schmagelborfer
11-28-2011, 11:01 AM
they're just the turkish version of papal guards and fighting janissaries is no fun either, it might just be me but all they do is jump back and shoot at me and rarely try to use theyre sword so i just call assassins and i feel less immersed each time i fight one. the only thing i like about them is when you kill a guard and hide sometimes they'll start harassing civilians and sometimes kill them, it's pretty funny

dragondaggers
12-05-2011, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Turinrp:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NBST:

Talking about the topic, I liked the Janissaries, because they are the "elite" and Ezio is not god or a super-assassin, he can beat one or two at the same time.. but when you are fighting against more soldiers, you need your brotherhood. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

... Theres something wrong if you play this game (referring to classification [age rating]) and dont know whats and apostrophe.
^cwhatididthur"? ^

LightRey
12-05-2011, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by dragondaggers:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Turinrp:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NBST:

Talking about the topic, I liked the Janissaries, because they are the "elite" and Ezio is not god or a super-assassin, he can beat one or two at the same time.. but when you are fighting against more soldiers, you need your brotherhood. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

... Theres something wrong if you play this game (referring to classification [age rating]) and dont know whats and apostrophe.
^cwhatididthur"? ^ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
an apostrophe is the ' sign.

Foppezao
12-06-2011, 07:38 AM
yeah i really like them, they actually scared me a little too http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I just found this Jannissary base in north-western bayezid i believe and made it my new playing ground..What is actually the best thing to do when they block your counter? Just tap attack or hold attack?The axe also worked pretty good...But yes good inclusion indeed, the papal guards were boyscouts compared with these fellas..

OgiOlack
12-06-2011, 09:01 AM
Janissaries are too easy >.> if they point the gun at you its the chance you have to attack if they kick you simply counter the attack right afterwards or just go behind them and assassinare them >.> (NEVER use a throwing knife even wen ur at their back all u will do is irritate them)

Assassin_M
12-06-2011, 09:04 AM
try fighting them with no armor or Medicine.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

That is a challenge...

OgiOlack
12-06-2011, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Assassin_M:
try fighting them with no armor or Medicine.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

That is a challenge...
follow my tips its easy just time your attacks and counters well and also keep your finger close to "T" if things get out of hand!
Btw Janissaries should be a fight like the Cesare on ACB the last fight everytime badass much?

Assassin_M
12-06-2011, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Shadow_wolf_94:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:

That is a challenge...
follow my tips its easy just time your attacks and counters well and also keep your finger close to "T" if things get out of hand!
Btw Janissaries should be a fight like the Cesare on ACB the last fight everytime badass much? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They are like Cesare except they have a lesser amount of health.
Oh and I dont mean to be rude, but I dont need tips, I can handle myself pretty nicely..

value_zero
12-06-2011, 09:43 AM
There is more special ways to fight off janissaries, there is a new feature in the game that i was able to find after non stopingly playing versus them, i cant reveal the secret of how it is possible, but hint anyways, fight them like they fight you, ill guess you figure that out, after i discovered that tehnique i started to take off the whole janny camp without losing any health with the hook (i mean direct combat without exiting execution steak- 25+ jannies at your back, but the game lets u fight only 4-5 max and sending the back group switching their positions) the camp is where you kill tarik in one of the missions, dodging their attacks and punch them with fists is the easiest way, but its kind a lame.

OT- The janies' nationality is bulgarian (most of them), so i pritty much proud with them http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif)

ProdiGurl
12-06-2011, 09:47 AM
You might want to wrap a SPOILER tag around that Tarik sentence real quickly -

My 'technique' is try a few swipes, give up & call in my Assassins http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif But even they struggle with them, I had to call in 2 more groups to help the ones that were losing badly.

value_zero
12-06-2011, 09:53 AM
Its not that pain in the a** http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif)

LordWolv
12-06-2011, 10:07 AM
I love Janissaries. For those who have visited the Janissary camp, just imagine, running in there and fighting them all on your own. If you don't die, it would be difficult and take a long time. Then imagine that Janissary camp but instead with any other types of guards. Think how easy it would be.

Janissaries are great.

LightRey
12-06-2011, 10:19 AM
What I like about the Janissaries is that I'm more inclined to avoid fighting guards and instead use tactics to either take them out quickly and/or stealthily, or avoid them altogether, while I still have the option of just hacking and slashing at them.

Bones206
12-06-2011, 07:10 PM
I don't know how it happened but i once managed to kill 2 during a combo kill or watever without them blocking or dodging

Bipolar Matt
12-06-2011, 07:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ironduke6:

Other than that it's MAJOR SPOILER AHEAD <span class="ev_code_WHITE">the dagger with which Yusuf was killed</span>. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought his name ?ehzade Ahmet? Unless Mehmet is just another spelling of his name? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mehmet was a sultan before the time of Revelations. Sehzade Ahmet is the name of the Templar prince, Suleiman's uncle.

hinhin96329
12-07-2011, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by Assassin_M:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shadow_wolf_94:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:

That is a challenge...
Btw Janissaries should be a fight like the Cesare on ACB the last fight everytime badass much? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They are like Cesare except they have a lesser amount of health.
Oh and I dont mean to be rude, but I dont need tips, I can handle myself pretty nicely.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They are not like Cesare. Cesare could'nt block your kicks, but Janissaries could.

Ezio: Hey guys you fight like Cesare!

Janissaries: We can not be killed by men!

Ezio: Alright then I'll toss you through the air one by one and see where you might land!

dragondaggers
12-07-2011, 05:58 PM
use bombs and EVERYTHING DIES.

dragondaggers
12-08-2011, 04:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dragondaggers:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Turinrp:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

an apostrophe is the ' sign. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh wow. TROLOLOLOL. That's kinda the point.. o-o.. >>.. *facepalms* (Just clarifying further if You Still Don't Get It) Notice all of the obvious mistakes in my last post.^^.

Which reminds me, how many fs could you count^.
anyways, getting back to topic-
-POISON & MONEY BOMB = MONSTER DANCE. GGGGGGGGGGGGG

LightRey
12-08-2011, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by dragondaggers:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dragondaggers:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

an apostrophe is the ' sign. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh wow. TROLOLOLOL. That's kinda the point.. o-o.. >>.. *facepalms* (Just clarifying further if You Still Don't Get It) Notice all of the obvious mistakes in my last post.^^.

Which reminds me, how many fs could you count^.
anyways, getting back to topic-
-POISON & MONEY BOMB = MONSTER DANCE. GGGGGGGGGGGGG </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I was just adding supplementary information to the person you quoted. If you're going to say they don't know what an apostrophe is and then not actually show them what it looks like, your message might not get across.

Sarari
12-08-2011, 06:08 PM
I love fighting Janissaries. They're not as hard as some other guards in AC1 though.

dxsxhxcx
12-08-2011, 06:17 PM
they only need to make them break our defense (not only them, but all the guards should do this) and give them (the Janissaries) limited bullets, 2 or 3 maybe, then once they use all their bullets they will be forced to fight us in close combat.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Il_Divo
12-08-2011, 06:31 PM
they only need to make them break our defense (not only them, but all the guards should do this) and give them (the Janissaries) limited bullets, 2 or 3 maybe, then once they use all their bullets they will be forced to fight us in close combat.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I really do like that "Dance of Death" vibe when going up against multiple Janissaries, especially in melee combat. They do however use their guns a bit more than I would like which does remove some of the "wow" factor in fighting them.

ProdiGurl
12-08-2011, 06:39 PM
I finally found a weapon that takes them right out, the poison dart on the secondary weapon wheel.
I tried to only used it when I was losing too bad or risked losing a sync.

Il_Divo
12-08-2011, 06:41 PM
That is something I really like about the Jannisaries; they encourage much more creative tactics in terms of how to approach.

Sure, you can do the same with normal guards, but if Ezio can take them out in five seconds flat it does seem pointless by comparison. These guys however are monstroucs and more fun to assassinate with diversity.

ProdiGurl
12-08-2011, 06:45 PM
I love them but when I see them mixed in with a guard patrol, I'm not so quick to get into a fight lol.
I think they look so awesome - my favorite looking adversary in AC for sure.
They looked really kool in that one Memory where you're in their camp with them - they turned black & white when you blended.

Il_Divo
12-08-2011, 06:49 PM
Yeah, they definitely look like they mean business. Wouldn't want to screw with someone like that. XD

LightRey
12-08-2011, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
I love them but when I see them mixed in with a guard patrol, I'm not so quick to get into a fight lol.
They looked really kool in that one Memory where you're in their camp with them - they turned black & white when you blended.
Ditto. They make me wanna avoid combat, which somewhat forces me to think of elaborate ways to get things done.

ProdiGurl
12-08-2011, 07:10 PM
They looked really kool in that one Memory where you're in their camp with them - they turned black & white when you blended. .

Ditto. They make me wanna avoid combat, which somewhat forces me to think of elaborate ways to get things done. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ya exactly - thus the poison dart attempt in a desperate moment. The only problem is that I had to run back far enough to aim & get the shot out. He kept coming at me too quickly.

Yeah, they definitely look like they mean business. Wouldn't want to screw with someone like that. XD

I used up most of my medicines on those guys. In one fight, this one just kept nailing me w/ his sword repeatedly and my health was down to zero in no time.
That's when I'm thankful for my recruiting system http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Gumzypop
04-18-2013, 09:49 PM
Value_Zero ,there were also Bulgarian janissaries thats true but most of them WEREN'T Bulgarian.They were commonly Albanian and Bosnian janissaries.

About the game i cant kill Ottoman soldiers because i am Turk and i just cant do that :D it makes me sad when i kill 1 of them wrongfuly so i always run away when they attack :D but i tried to kill janissary to see how they are strong and they are very good soldiers i think the best soldiers in all AC series.But the bad thing is Janissaries clothes weren't like that.They were wearing a ''red'' coat and they haven't got a mask, also their hat was white and bigger than this one.Ubisoft would create them more reality.

Sorry for my English hope you understand.

Assassin_M
04-18-2013, 10:20 PM
About the game i cant kill Ottoman soldiers because i am Turk and i just cant do that it makes me sad when i kill 1 of them wrongfuly so i always run away when they attack :D
how very silly

shobhit7777777
04-18-2013, 10:24 PM
I thought they were great

They made you plan your encounters more

1. Select a group to target
2. Plan an escape route
3. Mine your escape route with caltrops, smoke bombs etc.
4. Attack
5. Escape
6. Attack

I would do this often.....set up a series of traps - tripwire smoke bombs..assassinate a couple of the Jannies...and as the numbers started piling up...I dashed for my escape route....they would follow...get caught up in the smoke set off by the mine...and by that time I would've climbed a rooftop....dual air assasinate and then take em apart piece by piece

I fondly remember luring in a large group of Jannies and assorted guards (maybe 10-12) and then after trapping them...unleashing the Arrow storm..Badass

kuled2012
04-18-2013, 10:29 PM
Meh, found a way with the hands to take them out easily. So no I guess.