PDA

View Full Version : Midget U-boat Variants

one.zero
12-23-2004, 02:33 PM
Has anyone found good reading material on the midget sub use in WWII for the german side. I can seem to locate technical data but not actual war encounters / battles and attacks with these craft.

U-boat.net has great tech data and a bit of operational history if anyones intersted.

Anyone have any stories of actual usage of the craft? I'm looking for books that might reference the subject.

one.zero
12-23-2004, 02:33 PM
Has anyone found good reading material on the midget sub use in WWII for the german side. I can seem to locate technical data but not actual war encounters / battles and attacks with these craft.

U-boat.net has great tech data and a bit of operational history if anyones intersted.

Anyone have any stories of actual usage of the craft? I'm looking for books that might reference the subject.

u2336
12-23-2004, 03:56 PM
I have a lot of stuff about the Seehund if you want.
email me u2336@h.....

bye

Antoine

Hans_Koenig
12-27-2004, 02:53 AM
A good introduction to the subject is : 'Midget Submarines of the Second World War' by Kemp.
The operational history of these craft is not dealth with the greatest detail, but the book will give you a clear picture of their employment and effectiveness.
Not the definitive work on midgets submarines but a good overview with a quantity of pictures, drawings and stats.

Koenig