PDA

View Full Version : ACR Opening

samward
10-24-2011, 11:33 AM
So considering how ACB ended… any predictions to how ACR will open?

Maybe on the animus island? Or with Desmond being placed back into the animus and us finding out if Lucy has a chance or not…?

Any thoughts?

LightRey
10-24-2011, 11:37 AM
I think we'll see him "fall" into the black room.

SirRaelix
10-24-2011, 11:52 AM
I'm unsure what to expect from the AC series gamer openers and finales. They always seem to shock me in a way that I never seen coming. My guess is that the first part of the game you will spend repairing Desmond's mind. I don't think I can think of a way to incorporate Desmond reliving his ancestors pasts without having conscience of it. But that is just my opinion. I can't wait to find out what happens when he repairs his mind and find out what happened to Lucy and the rest of the crew. The whole Lucy thing was completely shocking and slightly depressing, but it also left you unknowing what happened to Shaun and Rebecca and why it was William Miles that put him back on the machine.

samward
10-24-2011, 12:57 PM
yeah I agree with both of you. If anything AC always delivers a storyline that is completely unexpected. I would really like to open up with fast cuts scenes between Desmond, as it was put on here, "falling into the back room" and the team scrambling to get him into the animus and helping Lucy. It would be nice to know what on earth is happening with her when the game starts.

RzaRecta357
10-24-2011, 01:00 PM
I hope Desmond doesn't voice over the beginning this time though. It was good in AC2 but the AC:B one felt a little corny to me.

samward
10-24-2011, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
I hope Desmond doesn't voice over the beginning this time though. It was good in AC2 but the AC:B one felt a little corny to me.

That’s funny you say that, cause I just rewatched the ACB opening and it gave me chills it got me so excited for ACR!!! (Each to their own though http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I am sure it will be good no matter what they do... I just hope what ever it is, it gets our hearts racing and scooting to the edge of our chairs saying, " here we go!" under our breath.

souNdwAve89
10-24-2011, 01:48 PM

He probably will since it is summarizing the events for any newcomers to the series. I personally love it when they do it.

I think ACR will start where ACB ended with Desmond in the black room like you guys mentioned. After that, we'll head over to Ezio travelling to Masyaf, but I hope we start off in Rome though.

iN3krO
10-24-2011, 01:56 PM
i want to know NAO what happened to Lucy. But i'm more interesting to see why there are no references to Rebbeca and Shaun. WilliamM and Erudito just doesn't talk about any of them :S

RzaRecta357
10-24-2011, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by samward:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RzaRecta357:

That’s funny you say that, cause I just rewatched the ACB opening and it gave me chills it got me so excited for ACR!!! (Each to their own though http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I am sure it will be good no matter what they do... I just hope what ever it is, it gets our hearts racing and scooting to the edge of our chairs saying, " here we go!" under our breath. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know..ACB felt like his heart wasn't in it the same way as when he said it in AC2.

Regardless, it looks like they're trying to step everything up in AC:R and I'm sure whatever they'll do will be great.

I know I can't play these games for the first few hours without a giant smile on my face.

samward
10-24-2011, 02:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by samward:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RzaRecta357:

I am sure it will be good no matter what they do... I just hope what ever it is, it gets our hearts racing and scooting to the edge of our chairs saying, " here we go!" under our breath. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know..ACB felt like his heart wasn't in it the same way as when he said it in AC2.

Regardless, it looks like they're trying to step everything up in AC:R and I'm sure whatever they'll do will be great.

I know I can't play these games for the first few hours without a giant smile on my face. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahahah sooooooo true http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

samward
10-24-2011, 02:11 PM
I know this is side stepping a bit, but I have also been wondering if monteriggioni will be in the game at all. I know it was destroyed and all.. But I have grown attached to it and it would be nice if it made at least a small appearance.

sp33dd34m0n
10-24-2011, 02:39 PM
The question that bothers me at most is what happened to Lucy and why? But since Desmond is in a coma I fear that the answer to that will be at the very end of the game.
21 Days to go...

r4inm4n1991
10-24-2011, 02:57 PM
The game will begin right after the events of ACB for Desmond, RIGHT AFTER he stabs Lucy.
The game starts 4 years after the events of ACB for Ezio.

LightRey
10-24-2011, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by r4inm4n1991:
The game will begin right after the events of ACB for Desmond, RIGHT AFTER he stabs Lucy.
You think.

Moultonborough
10-24-2011, 03:31 PM
Well I would guess it starts with Desmond. With his intro of course. Most likely that is when we see Subject 16 talk to him to explain the "nexus". Anyway if you look at the achievement list it pretty much guarantees it. If you want to here is the link but there are Spoilers within it so if you don't want to know DON'T click. http://www.xbox360achievements...ations/achievements/ (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/assassins-creed-revelations/achievements/)

r4inm4n1991
10-24-2011, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by r4inm4n1991:
You think. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I dont.
Someone from Ubisoft confirmed it in a interview.
I dont remember which one though, im not making this up.

iN3krO
10-24-2011, 04:09 PM
14 sequences? And the altair missions will only be a minor part? -.- tired of ezio, want more altair http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

At least 1/3 of the game will be desmond http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

r4inm4n1991
10-24-2011, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
14 sequences? And the altair missions will only be a minor part? -.- tired of ezio, want more altair http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

At least 1/3 of the game will be desmond http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Some people say "Wow!" for the gameplay and character.
I am "Wow!" mostly for the storyline of the game.
Altair is cool, but while you free roam youre just with a skin od Altair.
Btw, with this minor gameplay i think we will enjoy even more Altair then we will with Ezio.

dxsxhxcx
10-24-2011, 04:21 PM
[SPOILERS - ACB Ending]

I believe the game will start with the scene of Desmond stabbing Lucy in the end of ACB and then a black screen will appear and we'll listen to the conversation between William M. and the other person to put Desmond back in the animus, then we'll start playing as Ezio...

LightRey
10-24-2011, 04:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by r4inm4n1991:
I dont.
I dont remember which one though, im not making this up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Then what about the Da Vinci DLC?

r4inm4n1991
10-24-2011, 04:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
I dont.
I dont remember which one though, im not making this up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Then what about the Da Vinci DLC? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm.
I dont know.
In the french comics Desmond relives the memories of Aquilus while travelling to Monteriggioni in the van.
Maybe the DLC its something like that, like a filler.
Correct me if im wrong i read it in wiki, so..

Moultonborough
10-24-2011, 04:34 PM
It was a DLC. Not part of the actual main game. Just like all the left over stuff you can do after the main story line is over. The next game does not start from there but at the stopping point of the main story. I will try to find the interview because I remember it as well.

LightRey
10-24-2011, 04:38 PM
Hmmm.
I dont know.
In the french comics Desmond relives the memories of Aquilus while travelling to Monteriggioni in the van.
Maybe the DLC its something like that, like a filler.
Correct me if im wrong i read it in wiki, so..
It's probably something along those lines, yes. He passes out, gets put into the animus, accesses the memory after a short while and then falls into a coma and consequently into the black room.

samward
10-25-2011, 07:22 AM
yeah I would say that we are probably collectively on target to how it will open...

so I guess that begs the question... If ACR will end Ezio's story and reveal the answers to a bunch of questions.... then will ACR’s ending give us the answer, in cliffhanger form, to who the new ancestor will be?

I just cant imagine what the cliff hanger will be like, since it has always been directly related to what is going to happen next in the ancestors life, and how that impacts Desmond...

Only a few weeks a way, and it feels like an eternity!

LightRey
10-25-2011, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by samward:
yeah I would say that we are probably collectively on target to how it will open...

so I guess that begs the question... If ACR will end Ezio's story and reveal the answers to a bunch of questions.... then will ACR’s ending give us the answer, in cliffhanger form, to who the new ancestor will be?

I just cant imagine what the cliff hanger will be like, since it has always been directly related to what is going to happen next in the ancestors life, and how that impacts Desmond...

Since they said that after ACR, we'll know what's to be done in AC3, I'd say it's likely that we'll know who the next ancestor will be, or at least where he's from.

iN3krO
10-25-2011, 08:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by samward:

Since they said that after ACR, we'll know what's to be done in AC3, I'd say it's likely that we'll know who the next ancestor will be, or at least where he's from. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think they will say: This is it.

I think they will give many tips and each player will find it out.

The answer will be in the start of Ac3, it will be an answer that almost everyone knows but it would make ppl think more about the game and add more replayable value to the 4 games of the franchise while Ac3 isn't released.

RzaRecta357
10-25-2011, 08:22 AM
Well, Amancio does say that players will clearly know what's to come after this game.

LightRey
10-25-2011, 08:37 AM
Well, Amancio does say that players will clearly know what's to come after this game.
That's what I meant yeah.

xx-pyro
10-25-2011, 10:01 AM
I thought that was more in terms of Desmond's mission/present day story, rather than what ancestor he will visit next. For example, I personally believe that Desmond's job will be to somehow sabotage the Templar sattelite launch, and that that will become clear at the end of ACR. Obviously that's just one theory, another could be finding temples, etc, but I don't think Amancio meant "oh yeah and at the end of ACR you're going to know where and when the next ancestor can be found."

LightRey
10-25-2011, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by xx-pyro:
I thought that was more in terms of Desmond's mission/present day story, rather than what ancestor he will visit next. For example, I personally believe that Desmond's job will be to somehow sabotage the Templar sattelite launch, and that that will become clear at the end of ACR. Obviously that's just one theory, another could be finding temples, etc, but I don't think Amancio meant "oh yeah and at the end of ACR you're going to know where and when the next ancestor can be found."
Yes, but we'll likely get to find out what Desmond has to do in AC3, which should include whose memories he'll have to relive.

SirRaelix
10-25-2011, 01:41 PM
I think the main key of it will be finding out what connects Desmond, Ezio, and Altair in the first place which is suppose to be what will help him piece together his mind again. I think after that, and only after that will he find out what happened to Lucy. Everyone is very curious as to what happened to Lucy, and so am I, but I also want to know what made of Shaun and Rebecca. Why was William the person to but him back on the Animus instead of those two.

Once Ubisoft has cleared up the confusion that has been there since AC1 it will make a lot more sense and will probably show a predictable path for Desmond

xx-pyro
10-25-2011, 01:51 PM
Although some people don't like the Desmond intro's, I really hope they manage to do one for ACR as well. I always found them as great synopsis' at the beginning of each game, and helped give a sense of urgency to the beginning of each game.

samward
10-26-2011, 12:08 PM
I agree and think they will let us know what is going on with Desmond by the end of the game. As for the new ancestor… I think they will give us just enough for us to get an idea but nothing concrete. That way we can all get hyped up and speculate; and then when AC3 comes out, it will be the pinnacle of all our guessing as we see the new ancestor for the first time in the E3 trailer. Just the thought of that makes my heart beat faster! Hahah

But first things first, ACR is going to be amazing and I think whom ever said that we will have to wait till the end of ACR to find out what happened to Lucy and the rest of team… I think you may be right…. As much as I want the game to open with that, I can just see Ubi making us wait…. Ahhhhhhh I just want to get stuck into it. I am so excited :P