PDA

View Full Version : Demo patch

Kirshaw
11-17-2004, 05:28 AM
What I want to see is a patch that works with the demo (or else an updated demo). I've tried both v1.01 and v1.02 patches and they come up with a dialogue box saying "Could not retrieve installation folder ! Installation will be aborted."

I don't want to buy the game if it isn't going to work. Like other users, I have a laptop (IBM Thinkpad with ATI Mobility Radeon 7500) which may work well enough with a patch but I can't tell right now.

I'm sure there must be hundreds of users who try the demo, see artefacts and so decide not to buy.

Thoughts ?

Kirshaw
11-17-2004, 05:28 AM
What I want to see is a patch that works with the demo (or else an updated demo). I've tried both v1.01 and v1.02 patches and they come up with a dialogue box saying "Could not retrieve installation folder ! Installation will be aborted."

I don't want to buy the game if it isn't going to work. Like other users, I have a laptop (IBM Thinkpad with ATI Mobility Radeon 7500) which may work well enough with a patch but I can't tell right now.

I'm sure there must be hundreds of users who try the demo, see artefacts and so decide not to buy.

Thoughts ?

Almlys
11-17-2004, 06:48 AM
Both patches are for the full game, you can't install these patches in the demo version, since there are several considerable differences in the binary.

I'm not aware of any patch, or newest version for the demo.

maztec
11-17-2004, 11:45 AM
supposedly one in the works, but that's not necessarily guaranteed.