PDA

View Full Version : Mission won't show

hurricane33000
04-17-2006, 05:15 PM
Whats the biggest reason missions won't show up in il2+aep+pf?I've been able to install other missions with no trouble but, I've been trying to install "Cats Eyes" which I had installed before I had a complete computer crash two weeks ago and lost everthing.(my backup disks wouldn't even work.)I have all the patches and had it installed before but I've tried winzip classic,winsip wizard,changing it to a winrar file ,changing it to an exe file and even making it into a folder and draging and dropping it into missions/campaignes\GB like the readme file says but even though it shows in windows explorer under campaigns GB it won't show in the game.
And yes I've doe the copy and paste thing .
if it shows in windows explorer and I've had no trouble with other missions ,why won't this show up in the game?

'

96th_Nightshifter
04-17-2006, 05:48 PM
Got a link to the download and I or someone can have a look at it?

|CoB|_Spectre
04-17-2006, 06:13 PM
You may've already gone over this, but I'll mention some things in case you didn't. A mission file is actually composed of two files...a ".mis" and a "properties" file. Ensure there is one of each type for the title you're trying to run. Also, make sure the name of the file conforms to the necessary naming conventions (i.e., Cats Eyes.mis and Cats Eyes.Properties). Any added punctuation such as a period prior to the file extension will upset the file and disallow its normal operation.

hurricane33000
04-19-2006, 02:05 PM
Cat's Eye's
(16Mb)

Normal British Campaign An 18 Mission fictitious Campaign.
Cat's Eye's is based around a Bristol Beaufighter Nightfighting Squadron in England, February 1941. You're Squadron Leader D.J Baxter, who has completed a Tour of Duty on Day Fighter's, and after a period of rest, you've applied to be a Cat's Eye. To get the full affect of this Campaign, you must have the 3.03 Patch at least for the Smoke/Fire and Landing Light's effects. And you can only fly this Campaign using the FB/PF merge version. Starting Rank: Squadron Leader (as if you've forgot - he he) Hotspace IL2FB+PF
Combined
Install <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> </pre>

Irish_Rogues
04-19-2006, 02:08 PM
Please post the link to the download, then some of us can have a go and see what the problem might be.

hurricane33000
04-19-2006, 02:41 PM
I don't know how to post a link ,other that it is found in the missions sections of the Pacific Fighters web site.