PDA

View Full Version : I'm a *******!!!

vozzek6969
02-13-2006, 07:57 AM
Okay, I'm on Patrol 17 before I realize something... those "external reserve" torpedoes? I can MOVE them into my live tubes. DAMN! Think of all the extra tonnage I missed out on!!!

Quick question: What circumstances allow this to happen? I did it twice so far, once it moved very fast and once it moved very slow. I guess you have to be surfaced to do it, but what else is required? A few hours ago I tried moving some and they wouldn't go.

What makes them move faster? The amount of men I have in the Bow and Stern torpedo compartments?

Thanks again.

Kaleun1961
02-13-2006, 07:59 AM
You must not be in silent running. You must be surfaced [obviously.] The reload rate is affected by crew fatigue, experience and the presence of torpedo-rated officers and/or NCO's. They must be moved from external reserve into an inner reserve slot, not straight into a tube.

vozzek6969
02-13-2006, 08:26 AM
Thanks Kaleun, that was helpful.

Now if you can only point me to a Battleship or Carrier... on Patrol 20 and I still haven't found one. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Kaleun1961
02-13-2006, 08:31 AM
Those task forces are to be found near the British isles. Keep an eye out for task force reports and get good at interceptions. Play the game long enough and you're eventually likely to find one. Just don't **** your shorts when you see one and muff your attack. Good luck!