PDA

View Full Version : Far Cry 3 seems like a far cry 2 fan boy site

ronster2011
06-10-2011, 08:04 AM
Yedp says it all and ubi-soft are going to make another bad game for you... Good luck

legacyzero
06-10-2011, 10:38 AM
Wut

Martythemerc
06-10-2011, 10:52 AM
Far Cry 3 seems like a far cry 2 fan boy site

Originally posted by ronster2011:
Yedp says it all and ubi-soft are going to make another bad game for you... Good luck

Well duh! Most of us liked FC 1 and FC 2, some only liked #1 and some only #2 - but what we all agree is how this one will shape up - we're anxious to play it and we're questioning the structure of this new game, and we hope we won't be disappointed - it's called "discussion" - not "disrespecting" the discussion with flaming comments from UBI's competition? Why are you here Ronster?

ronster2011
06-10-2011, 02:38 PM
look sorry just stating my opinion would love to see this game be more like far cry 1 and know that it is not going to be as good already as that title because so many people on here talk about far cry 2 rather than far cry 1.

It would also seem that many people have never even played far cry 1 either so I am not going to post on here any more this is a different developer and a different game the same ones that made far cry 2 so I have posted my input for what it is worth now I will leave check my posts if you care it is not all derogatory as above...

I am venting a frustration not on people here, or developers really just far cry 2 was awful and I got the feeling there are too many fans of that ba game on here so I said what I have to say now I go...

Good luck with trying to mould this game with your opinions

Mr_Shade
06-11-2011, 10:33 AM
The forums are here for everyone.. So you will see "fanboys" posting rants..

However as long as they do not break the rules, they are welcome to post their opinions.

I have to say though, that the game is already 2 years into the dev cycle, so any suggestions posted on new features etc may be just that suggestions, since it may not me practical to add them.

BLaZiNgSPEED
06-12-2011, 03:42 PM
I have to say that I was very impressed with the Far Cry 3 trailer at E3. I was pleasantly shocked to see Far Cry 3 at E3.

Being a long fan of ubisoft games. I was always wondering whether Far Cry 2 was going to be the end for us.
But I am glad that's not the case. I am also very happy to know that the game is coming on PC.

I don't think there's any kind of fanboyism involved. If the game is bad, then there won't be any fanboyism.
The most important thing is for the game to be good.

After looking at the gameplay video in HD again I have to say, it's going to be superb!
Far Cry 3 gameplay video in HD (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-far-cry-3/715156)
The graphics are going to be definitely better than Crysis.
I believe this is an upgrade from the original Far Cry game.http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Oh and I love the background skin of this new Far Cry 3 forum section.http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Leadstorm76
06-12-2011, 03:43 PM
It surley is because fc2 had so much potential but didn,t catch on because of what it lacked in game play and other things wich they did make improvements on. this time around it could be a dark horse game delivering great grfx-gameplay-great story line and free maps. last i heard you couldnt play a new cod map every night you play. Thats what makes this game a threat.

BLaZiNgSPEED
06-13-2011, 05:09 AM
I believe so yes.
It's like what Far Cry 2 had on offer, it's completely different from Far Cry.

Crysis 2 is completely different from Crysis.
Therefore I would think Far Cry 3 is along the same lines, but developed from Far Cry, with better graphics and a new story.http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

This game could become better graphically than Crysis. That's how to me the graphics seems. It's very exotic.

But this time it seems like Ubisoft Montreal are developing it and not Crytek.
Actually FC2 was also developed by Ubisoft Montreal, just the original wasn't.

Oh and this time I would prefer it to be Ubisoft again to develop it. Especially after Crytek failed to develop Crysis 2 properly.

crni20zd
06-14-2011, 08:09 AM
Far Cry 2 is game which was really boring and annoying since game had a lot of bugs , freeze, ridiculous long traveling from one point to another and spawning of enemies after you burn whole place in the air hundred times, and that malaria system... FC3 need to fix all of this things and be title for yourself not a clone from previous games.

k4Anarky2011
06-14-2011, 10:39 AM
FC2 fanboy here. I've played FC1 and FC2, and my opinion is that while FC1 was no different from Doom, FC2 was something special.

But base on the moderator' response, so that's it then?. Far Cry 2 will just gonna be another failed Ubisoft game, as we will have yet ANOTHER generic shooter?

Far Cry 2 DID have a lot of potential, and it shows. Me, and also many people here want to see an improved Far Cry 2, not a toned-down, lover-boy, obnoxious and linear version of it. Yeah I said linear. Don't just give us a sniper rifle here, a zipline there, barrel of explosives somewhere; we want complete freedom in our game

So sure, whatever anyone throws anything at me, I will be adamant in my opinion because ironically, fanboyism is saving the Far Cry series from slitting its own throat

Hey everyone, this is the way Ubi treat their true fans. I'm venting too, what you gonna do about it?

The_Interceptor
06-14-2011, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by crni20zd:
Far Cry 2 is game which was really boring and annoying since game had a lot of bugs , freeze, ridiculous long traveling from one point to another and spawning of enemies after you burn whole place in the air hundred times, and that malaria system... FC3 need to fix all of this things and be title for yourself not a clone from previous games.

I disagree. Take off all those things that makes Farcry unique you end up with just another CoD clone on a island.

I'm on my third FC2 playthrough and only encountered 1 bug. Playing on 360 though could be different on PC...

k4Anarky2011
06-14-2011, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by The_Interceptor:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crni20zd:

I disagree. Take off all those things that makes Farcry unique you end up with just another CoD clone on a island.

I'm on my third FC2 playthrough and only encountered 1 bug. Playing on 360 though could be different on PC... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
my god so im not alone afterall. Thank you

and remember ubi, once you go COD, you...err...can't go back?

Mr_Shade
06-14-2011, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by k4Anarky2011:

But base on the moderator' response, so that's it then?. Far Cry 2 will just gonna be another failed Ubisoft game, as we will have yet ANOTHER generic shooter?

What makes you think that?

The suggestions have been posted for many, many months - who's to know what was taken from here for use in the game... only time can tell...

I was saying that posting suggestions now, 'may' be a little late in the day - however I'm sure the devs want the best for the title and have checked the forums for ideas - I myself have sent in a few reports about community wish list's based on the threads from the FC2 forums, as has your other forum manager Blackwidow http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

If you look around the forums, you will see the FAQ thread, which already has quite a lot of info http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Lets not throw the baby out with the bath water just yet http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

o0Kman0o
06-14-2011, 01:47 PM
FC1 rocked FC2 Rocked so I have high hopes in FC3.. If you don't like the games then don't buy them, they don't effect your life but some people do like them.

curtmantle
06-15-2011, 02:52 AM
Strange that the game is being condemned by some people when we know very little about what format it will take.

I'm sure the developers are capable of forming some conclusions on what worked in FC2 and what didn't. The freedom the game provided was universally popular and the success of games such as Red Dead Redemption which offer similar freedom support that concept. I don't see why Ubi would abandon it and I haven't seen anything to suggest they will.

I'm a FC2 'fanboy'. I liked Farcry which is why I bought FC2 in the first place, but FC2 was different and while I know some people didn't like the fact it was different, I loved FC2 from the start and I still play it now.

My hope is that they retain the things that worked in FC2, which I don't think will be too hard to work out, and improve/remove the things that didn't... and then chuck in a few new things to add to the experience.

They may not take this approach, and I'll be disappointed, but I'm not going to assume anything at this stage. FC2 was far from generic... and I don't think FC3 will be either.

BS PALADIN
06-15-2011, 03:42 AM
What did you like about Far Cry 2. The developers cant take feedback unless people explain in detail why they like/dislike something.

curtmantle
06-15-2011, 06:03 AM
As Mr Shade says earlier in the thread, the game is probably too far down the development process for any major changes to be made.

But, I liked the fact that you could play the game at your own pace. You can take a mission but if you fancy going off and doing something else, even driving around spoiling for a fight... you can. I hate games like COD where you're being told "do this... now do that... now do this...". Games like FC2 and Red Dead are far more interesting to me.

I also liked that the SP campaign was big. None of this 8 hours of gameplay that is so common these days. You can do the main storyline in FC2 fairly quickly, but you can also do everything and take your time and lose days of gameplay time. Multiplayer is vital but the SP campaign is as important imo. Red Dead also scored a hit in this regard.

The non-linear gameplay means players can be more inventive, finding different ways to take out say, a convoy. Laying down 9 IEDs and watching the massive explosion is fun... much better than there being a set way of doing things that you have to work out.

There was very little about FC2 I didn't like. Respawning checkpoints was the main one (I liked the concept of the checkpoints though). I think better travel could have been employed but I was happy driving around personally. Also I'd expect the new game to have a bit more variety, even though I enjoyed what was served up repeatedly in FC2, I can understand the criticism that it was repetitive.

Looking at the E3 presentation, the core gameplay looks similar which is good. I hope the gameplay freedom remains too

Mr_Shade
06-15-2011, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by curtmantle:

Looking at the E3 presentation, the core gameplay looks similar which is good. I hope the gameplay freedom remains too There are a few videos of the demo on youtube.. a couple of them are very different from each other - so judging from that, it seems you do have scope http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

DapperHayden007
06-15-2011, 08:58 AM
i find it good how there is much less arguments about FC3. FC2's Discussion page had to be warned lol. Why don't Ubisoft put an editor on every game?

spinetooth
06-15-2011, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by ronster2011:

well good job revealing your lack of a life, by signing onto a forum just to talk **** on a game of an extremely large fan-base.

It doesn't look much different to me however, since it is in the jungle. It looks a lot like FC1 but without Jack Carver, which should be put to rest anyhow. The guy used to be a predator; he's not a terminator. The graphics look impressive and the action is great.

It seems they fixed the "AI seeing you way too soon," problem also. It's running off the same engine as FC2 (updated version of course), which is probably why you're being so prejudice against it. Plus, they brought the ziplines back. hurray!

k4Anarky2011
06-15-2011, 10:42 AM
I don't develop an opinion base on rabbits out of a magic hat. I've been watching and reading details on the game, and I'm just really worried that's all. And I'm sorry if it seems extremely selfish for me to do so.

What I saw in the demo is:

-Clueless AIs: This can pass, because I'm going to assumed that the AIs are always too high on something to notice a heavily armed guy standing on a cliff facing him 10 feet away. As much as I hate getting shot by Hawkeye there; don't tone it down that much

-Weak AIs: If anyone has played FC2, you will understand that the AIs give REAL effort to pin you down, even from underwater. In the demo, the AIs are either charging straight at Brody's line of fire, or just fire and plain miss. Also, I notice that they all die in one shot. How's that fair? At least make them just as resistance as you. Also, when you jump into water this around, you immediately disappear from their radar?

-Health regeneration: This got be absolutely the worst remodification, you know it, I know it.

-I also heard Dan Hay mentions that this time "The player choose when and how to start a fight...The survival aspect will be toned down". So, in FC3, I'm going to be able to casually fast travel to an enemy camp, take my sweet time, hanging out of the cliff 10 feet a way from a guy, wait until every gets old and drop dead?
Does anyone remember the time in FC2 when you suddenly got jumped by a 50 cal guntruck and force to dive for cover? Do you remember that little dread of every firefight knowing that you might die any second? Do you remember getting startled by a shotgun blast behind you before everything goes to hell on you? Do you remember that feeling standing on a cliff looking down after setting all of those MFs and their huts on fire? ----> THERE IS NONE, ABSOLUTELY NO GAME BEFORE FAR CRY 2 HAS BEEN ABLE TO DO THAT.

FC2 is the first reason I worship Ubisoft as a quality game developer

bartje356
06-20-2011, 12:36 PM
fc 1 was awasome fc 2 was awasome , if you put those games to gether you see farcry 3 ( from what i saw from the video's ) so i dont know why poeple keep complaining about this game , it has fc 1 and fc 2 , fc1 fans happy and fc 2 fans happy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ozzmarkk
06-20-2011, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by k4Anarky2011:
FC1 was no different from Doom
I nominate this as dumbest statement of the year.

k4Anarky2011
06-21-2011, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by ozzmarkk:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by k4Anarky2011:
FC1 was no different from Doom
I nominate this as dumbest statement of the year. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
FC1 was a simple linear shooter, an "FPS before all other FPSes". But FC2, oh no sir, it was something else. It was no FPS, and I would list it as the first of the true "Survival-Adventure" genre. Sadly most folks, even the developers, don't recognize that, thus the mother dies along with its newborn

CaptainDEEZ
06-25-2011, 03:25 PM
I'm sure we're all fanboys and girls.
And if you think the Far Cry series is garbage, just remember one persons trash is another persons treasure. So all strictly negatively stated opinions will most likely go ignored.

owencargill
06-28-2011, 06:37 AM
Far Cry 3 looks good far cry 2 was okay far cry 1 was good [edit: Please do not attack other members.] all of us like far cry so ya we are going to buy it.