PDA

View Full Version : stick fix for a swed

Jediteo
10-04-2005, 03:57 AM
Hi guys i have a slight problem
I have a Logitech extreme 3D pro stick, and now its messed up. After playng for 5 minutes, I can't no longer roll to the right(checked with the inflight "real" stick and it does not move to the right as much (and by pressing right cursor button on the keyboard it turns right

I've checked several Sites on the Net and what I found was that I should apply WD-40 on two little white boxes in the botton of the stick, corresponding to the X and Y axis.
now my problem is, since i'm a swed, well what is WD-40? Are there any other sweds in the community who can tell me what product we have in sweden for substituting this? my bet is that it is 5-56, which is a rust dissolver and a lubricant
Any help dearly wanted
Jediteo

nakamura_kenji
10-04-2005, 04:04 AM
wd-40 is very lite oil type spray usual in spray with anti rust propertie use thing like bycycle chain and to stop thing squeak can good for joystick and electronic as not damage circuits. not sure but can make similar of petrol with little bit oil in, though maybe damage electronic so not recomend

JFC_Rautaristi
10-04-2005, 04:17 AM
Have you checked it's not an calibration issue. If it is, just unplug it and plug it in again. It fixes it temporarily but you'll have to do it again after some time.

arcadeace
10-04-2005, 04:22 AM
If your problem is the stick and 5-56 has oil and is very light it may be ok. If you're not sure look for a silicon, wax or teflon based product.

bolox00
10-04-2005, 11:07 AM
personally i use a 'proper' SWITCH CLEANING LUBRICANT - i use sevisol super 10- it or similar should be available locally- electronic hobby shop or similar? or do you know anyone who uses/services soundesks?

not familiar with 556 but if it is a thin penetrating oil it should be ok. aim for the junction of the round post to the square head of the 'pot'

good luck

ytareh
10-04-2005, 11:45 AM
I think I am the only fan of these sticks on the whole board-They ALWAYS 'break'/malfunction as you describe.I just got my latest warranty replacement(third or fourth in under a year-also got a Saitek Evo Platinum which I HATED the shape of -this was after the first Logitech broke-the Saitek broke too soon after)As far as I know the potentiometers in the Logitech are just terrible and oiling them with WD40 is unlikely to help.If it does let me know Id be interested...

Jediteo
10-05-2005, 01:00 AM
thanks guys for the help, very useful. used my 5-56 (prolly the name for wd-40 here in Sweden)

so i aimed controlled burst into the black boxes around the big white box, i put a burst or two into a little hole in it, actually it WORKS. I know totally new feeling for the game, and I owe it all to you guys. thanks a lot

S!

bolox00
10-05-2005, 04:14 AM
@ ytareh
agreed logitech pots have a terrible reputation- but then they are built to a (low) price..and after 3 months you buy another http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

cleaning works most of the time but using wd40 and similar can leave residues that attract more dirt, leading to further cleaning etc etc...

I also like logitech sticks- but only for the usb board!-connect some quality pots and a bit of creativity - they make excellent secondary controllers.

my experience anyway