PDA

View Full Version : Ordered the Sountrack

pat_trick
11-19-2003, 05:33 PM
Well, I liked the music so much during the beta that I decided to go ahead and pre-order. I also asked for realMyst, as I just don't think that Myst Masterpiece has survived the passage of time.

Anyone else getting the soundtrack?

-patman

pat_trick
11-19-2003, 05:33 PM
Well, I liked the music so much during the beta that I decided to go ahead and pre-order. I also asked for realMyst, as I just don't think that Myst Masterpiece has survived the passage of time.

Anyone else getting the soundtrack?

-patman

WendyG
11-19-2003, 05:50 PM
I'm tempted. However, I'll wait until I know exactly when it will be released.

Does the ordering process tell you how much shipping to Europe would be?

WendyG

AFGNCAAP
11-20-2003, 06:51 AM
The soundtrack is a direct order from Cyan.

While we prepare our secure ordering form, you can email Eloise with your preorder desires. She will contact you for your credit card and shipping information. The Uru Soundtrack will be distributed directly from Cyan.

Cost: $14.99.

For a limited time, shipping and handling are free for all U.S. orders.

Ask Eloise about charges for international orders.

Expected delivery date: Early December

Please email this information:

Your name
Your address
Your email address
Your phone number

The e-mail is eloise@cyan.com and make the subject line read Uru Sountrck Preorder.

AFGNCAAP
11-20-2003, 06:54 AM
Oh, forgot to mention that my e-mails to her have been bouncing back. Anyone else have any luck?

AFGNCAAP
11-23-2003, 12:43 PM
*nudge*

Arnium
11-23-2003, 01:03 PM
I do not know if she has received my E-Mail, I only know that it has not been bounced back.

Kwartha
11-23-2003, 01:52 PM
I will be ordering the soundtrack, since I love the Exile and Riven ones I have. I will be waiting for a proper order form, and hopefully the ability to order the Myst soundtrack at the same time.

larsschermer
11-23-2003, 06:34 PM
I´ll most likely get the sound track, sence i have the myst,riven and exile CD´s. just hope they will ship it to Denmark. I had to get Exile from a very shady UK E-shop. And I was just lucky that i got the others, before Cyan started to sell them through Amazon.com (wont ship to EU http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif)

Schweppes_Ale
11-23-2003, 06:47 PM
So anyone want to burn me a copy???

Nah just kiddin, Thats illegal!

But one question for all of you. For the soundtracks how does it work? Correct me if i am wrong but arent all of the myst games have ambient sounds and not music. So what do you listen to on these soundtracks?

http://www.tiptop.es/eventos/img/clientes_SCHWEPPES.gif
"Myst aint for tots."

Coronagold
11-23-2003, 06:58 PM
Uh....the game comes with all the music files. If you know anything about computers...and music files....

http://sargem.hypermart.net/RelJump1sigJ.jpg

Coronagold
11-23-2003, 07:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Schweppes_Ale:
Correct me if i am wrong but arent all of the myst games have ambient sounds and not music. So what do you listen to on these soundtracks?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
You consider ambient sounds with musical instruments and sound effects as "not music"? Heh heh, don't ever buy anything by Brian Eno. You'll be disappointed.

http://sargem.hypermart.net/RelJump1sigJ.jpg

JasperdogBSO
11-23-2003, 09:42 PM
Geez, all the best music I have is from games or movies. Exile (need to get Riven and Myst. Uru, too.), Final Fantasies VI-X, Halo, the Zelda series, Chrono Cross, The Rock, Pirates of the Caribbean, etc. You just don't get any better music.

larsschermer
11-24-2003, 06:31 AM
ehh no. the Game does NOT come with all the music files! i thought the same thing with Exile, till i got the soundtrack CD.In the game the music files are fragmented so they can change if you move to a surtain area in the game, also there are a lot of loops, and shorter versions, and no bonus tracks. See them as Two diferent albums from the same band.

TLarkin
11-24-2003, 10:37 AM
Just for some clarification, the URU soundtrack will include several bonus tracks form upcoming ages as well as a video "URU, the makers", and audio interviews with Rand and myself.
Hope you enjoy it.

Tim Larkin (http://www.timlarkin.net)

Kwartha
11-24-2003, 11:47 AM
Thanks for the info, Tim. And thanks for the terrific music! I will definitely be getting that soundtrack. Am I the only one who's loaded the demo just to sit in the desert and listen to the melody?

Edit: Oh, and welcome to the forums. Don't take anything anyone says around here too seriously. A couple people are too angry to see straight, and the rest are just having too much fun to be serious.

deaconb
12-09-2003, 02:45 PM
Has anyone heard back from Eloise about their soundtrack preorder? I emailed her almost a week ago and haven't heard a peep.

Also, before anyone screams at me about how busy Cyan is, be patient, yada, yada, yada... that's why I'm asking here before emailing them. It's just plain bad customer service not to at least confirm receipt of an order.

Sorry to post in two threads, but this one seems to have a few more people who actually sent Eloise an email.

Grassie the ferret
12-09-2003, 03:20 PM
I have created my own soundtrack with the uru-files, and it is great to listen to. It has appr. an hour running time, and it includes the voices of yeesha and zandi mixed with the music that belongs to the parts where you here them. But if i can get my hands on the official soundtrack here in the Netherlands, it will be added to the other three ( myst, riven, exile)soundtracks.

http://home.wanadoo.nl/cjgrashoff/Urusig2.JPG
"Please, someone, scratch my back. I've got an itch and can't reach it", said The White Ferret"

TLarkin
12-09-2003, 06:47 PM
Should be in our hands in about 2 weeks. We'll begin shipping them out after that.
Thanks
Tim

Tim Larkin (http://www.timlarkin.net)

Chuckles58
12-09-2003, 10:33 PM
I too will preorder the Uru soundtrack. I was lucky with Myst and Exile to receive the soundtracks in specially packaged sets, with T-Shirts, etc., but I wouldn't have wanted to wait for Uru anyway. Thanks Tim.

"Where are the donuts?" - Atrus

CB

Marck.
12-10-2003, 01:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TLarkin:
Just for some clarification, the URU soundtrack will include several bonus tracks form upcoming ages as well as a video "URU, the makers", [...]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Is this video "URU, the makers" different from "The making of URU" video which comes with the Collector's Edition on the Bonus CD?

Marck

Seiticorta
12-10-2003, 02:53 AM
Kawartha, I posted a thread about this, but this thread seems to be more on target, can you by chance tell me the name of the song used in the commerical for URU? Perhaps whether or not it will be on the game sound track as well? Thanks

Life is what you make of it.

TLarkin
12-10-2003, 12:17 PM
Yes Marck,
It is a totally different video, different soundtrack.
Tim

mszv
12-10-2003, 12:26 PM
Tim, I love the music!
I do listen to the game music outside of the game, but I want to get the soundtrack. I got the soundtrack from the other games too. In Uru, the music (not just the ambient sounds) starts up and then fades out, depending on what you are doing. It's background stuff. That makes sense. Outside of the game, I'd like to be able to listen to a longer track, designed just for listening, not playing the game. I'm getting the music CD.

Regards, mszv
Game name: amarez
KI #: have to find it
Put that down, you are not in a game, this is my life!

1.2GH, 640MB, GeForce4 TI 4200 128MB, Santa Cruz Surround Sound, DSL, 1200kbps down/200 kbps up, wired/wireless home network, Linksys router

deaconb
12-10-2003, 12:56 PM
Tim-

Do you have any plans to produce an independant release? By that I mean, music not tied to a particular movie, game, etc.

You do great work and URU would definitely not have the impact it does if not for your outstanding sound design. I'd love to hear some of your other work.

deaconb
12-10-2003, 03:55 PM
This is the response I just receive from Eloise. Hopefully, she won't mind me posting it here:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Thanks for your pre-order. We are making every effort to come up with a secured site.
The soundtracks will be arriving the end of next week. We will be making every effort to get these out to you by Christmas.
We should be contacting you soon for credit card info.

Thanks,
Eloise <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kwartha
12-10-2003, 09:57 PM
Seiticorta:

I'm not 100% certain, but I seem to recall that it was called "Burn you up, Burn you down". It's a song by Peter Gabriel, and it should be on his latest album. I think it's also going to be on the soundtrack, although that could be other trailer music done by Tim Larkin. Tim?

Seiticorta
12-28-2003, 12:02 AM
Thank you for the info. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I was hoping to get the game for christmas, but alas I got Deus Ex Invisable war instead. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif I shall have to guy it this week.

What do you people think of the game. I have read a lot of negative press about it, but I like to make up my own mind. Afterall, the press on Deus Ex IW was fantastic, but the game itself is horrible. Never trust what the critics post.

Life is what you make of it.