PDA

View Full Version : Anybody expierence with Tm Afterburner Topgun FFB ??

Lehnert
08-25-2005, 01:58 AM
Hallo pilots,
greetings from Munich / Bavarian.

Has anybody in the States some expierence with the Thrustmaster TopGun Afterburner Force Feed Back Joystick ?
I use this Joystick without FFB about 4 years and are thinking about buy a new one with Force Feed Back -- TopGun Afterburner FFB.

But the news about this stick with FFB last year here in Germany from many pilots are very bad in accordance to the qualtiy and to the feeling of the Force Feed Back.
Most of the owners reports last year that the sticks crashed in a short time or are total out of calibration

What is your actually mind and your actually expierence in the States?

Thank you very much and greetings
Gerhard ( offline-pilot-grandfather)

Lehnert
08-25-2005, 01:58 AM
Hallo pilots,
greetings from Munich / Bavarian.

Has anybody in the States some expierence with the Thrustmaster TopGun Afterburner Force Feed Back Joystick ?
I use this Joystick without FFB about 4 years and are thinking about buy a new one with Force Feed Back -- TopGun Afterburner FFB.

But the news about this stick with FFB last year here in Germany from many pilots are very bad in accordance to the qualtiy and to the feeling of the Force Feed Back.
Most of the owners reports last year that the sticks crashed in a short time or are total out of calibration

What is your actually mind and your actually expierence in the States?

Thank you very much and greetings
Gerhard ( offline-pilot-grandfather)

Von_Zero
08-25-2005, 02:09 AM
well... i'm not from the states, but i have used the Thustmaster TopGun FFB... all i can say... it's nice... the ffb isn't great at all... in fact from others experience it sucks... i didn't especially liked it... I'm using an X-45 now, and if there is one thing i regret, it sure isn't the FFB... rather the smooth rudder, compared to the "clumsy" one on the X-45.
long story short... My advice is not to waste the money on it. Either get a "serious" one, or stick with the non-FFB version http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

carguy_
08-25-2005, 03:28 AM
Not worth it for the price,too high.Better save a bit more and get a better stick.

arcadeace
08-25-2005, 03:56 AM
I would stay away from it if I were you, its clunky and unrealistic. It also gets near hot in the base and with plastic gears you have to wonder about longevity. I used it for about a week and returned it, then went on Ebay and paid $10 for the non-ffb and thought it was pretty good. Some here have really enjoyed MS€s discontinued ffb stick but that€s about it from the comments I€ve seen with the exception of a couple of users who€ve played with Saitek€s semi-ffb, or whatever it is.