PDA

View Full Version : Background Radio Traffic files....

LEBillfish
11-24-2004, 09:37 AM
<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">~Salute All~!!!;</span>

What a wonderful sim, and what a wonderful community effort to make it happen. I say community vs. just say 1C/Ubi in that so much of what the players contribute is utilized within the sim by the players, even often integrated into the formal sim itself.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Kudo's to all of you that do contribute</span> as be it skins, actual plane development, sounds, utility files, etc. including background information on othersites we can all access like plane loadouts, PC tweaking and so on. This sim would be no where near where it is without your work.

What I'd like to talk about though are background sound files. Currently there are some excellent ones out there, I myself sadly only having German, Russian, US, Japanese, and a brief GBritish one.

If you do not have these files you need to get them plus a sound management program out there called IL2fbwav.exe to manage them. They add so much to the sim, the constant background radio traffic often very distracting, adding that bit of annoying non-pertinant to what you are doing effect that you'll find flying becomes tense once more, and fights often end with those sweaty palms.

Think of it as that bit of tension adding noise used during a stress test, like someone banging on a pan while you try and do some long calculation.

Anywho, the files we have are limited, none except GB having ground control traffic often used by me in the "take off" folder. We also have now a number of new speech packs. Austrailian, Italian, French etc..

So what I'd like to ask is that any of you that can, try to put together some other background traffic wav's to fill the void. Idealy, these would include a set for land based ground control, Carrier based, and in flight (other aircraft traffic). Naturally all the static and bouncing overlapping traffic.

I've noticed as well in PF there are some extra "base" sounds included, though minor they may be of some use.

So if any of you are so inclined, I'd love to add to the files I already have....As it is most often the players not the manufacturer that makes some of the most surprising parts of the sim.

Thanks all. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

LEBillfish
11-24-2004, 09:37 AM
<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">~Salute All~!!!;</span>

What a wonderful sim, and what a wonderful community effort to make it happen. I say community vs. just say 1C/Ubi in that so much of what the players contribute is utilized within the sim by the players, even often integrated into the formal sim itself.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Kudo's to all of you that do contribute</span> as be it skins, actual plane development, sounds, utility files, etc. including background information on othersites we can all access like plane loadouts, PC tweaking and so on. This sim would be no where near where it is without your work.

What I'd like to talk about though are background sound files. Currently there are some excellent ones out there, I myself sadly only having German, Russian, US, Japanese, and a brief GBritish one.

If you do not have these files you need to get them plus a sound management program out there called IL2fbwav.exe to manage them. They add so much to the sim, the constant background radio traffic often very distracting, adding that bit of annoying non-pertinant to what you are doing effect that you'll find flying becomes tense once more, and fights often end with those sweaty palms.

Think of it as that bit of tension adding noise used during a stress test, like someone banging on a pan while you try and do some long calculation.

Anywho, the files we have are limited, none except GB having ground control traffic often used by me in the "take off" folder. We also have now a number of new speech packs. Austrailian, Italian, French etc..

So what I'd like to ask is that any of you that can, try to put together some other background traffic wav's to fill the void. Idealy, these would include a set for land based ground control, Carrier based, and in flight (other aircraft traffic). Naturally all the static and bouncing overlapping traffic.

I've noticed as well in PF there are some extra "base" sounds included, though minor they may be of some use.

So if any of you are so inclined, I'd love to add to the files I already have....As it is most often the players not the manufacturer that makes some of the most surprising parts of the sim.

Thanks all. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Vengeanze
11-24-2004, 10:07 AM
I didn't know this. Background radiochatter. AWESOME.

I also play Battlefield Vietnam and they have this in the choppers and it just adds tons to the immersion.

Now where can I get these files and that proggie?

LEBillfish
11-24-2004, 10:21 AM
Here is one of many places (sadly some falling by the wayside)

some sound files (http://www.airwarfare.com/Sims/FB/fb_music.htm)

fabianfred
11-25-2004, 08:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vengeanze:
I didn't know this. Background radiochatter. AWESOME.

I also play Battlefield Vietnam and they have this in the choppers and it just adds tons to the immersion.

Now where can I get these files and that proggie? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

the best known British speech pack which came with the 'battle over britain' campaign pack by 'extreme one'... it had a background file to be placed in the 'music/in flight' folder and is very good.... wish there were more like it