PDA

View Full Version : Hosting Il2 with the Linksys wrt54g, need help.

Jumoschwanz
03-01-2005, 04:02 PM
I got a cable isp, and wrt54g router recently, and could no longer host a server on Hyperlobby. If I eliminated the router and changed the game port in configuration to 7772 then I could host, hook the router back up and no dice. Can't even host on my home lan. I read the directions and read websites and called linksys help 800 number. I am not the most savvy on networking, so if anyone has any tips on this router for a routing newb I would appreciate it a lot.
Thanks,

Jumoschwanz

Jumoschwanz
03-01-2005, 04:02 PM
I got a cable isp, and wrt54g router recently, and could no longer host a server on Hyperlobby. If I eliminated the router and changed the game port in configuration to 7772 then I could host, hook the router back up and no dice. Can't even host on my home lan. I read the directions and read websites and called linksys help 800 number. I am not the most savvy on networking, so if anyone has any tips on this router for a routing newb I would appreciate it a lot.
Thanks,

Jumoschwanz

tHeBaLrOgRoCkS
03-01-2005, 07:00 PM
I am afraid I am probably not at my sharpest right now (night shift and the bugger is dragging like hell too) but you may want to look into allocating static ip numbers to your pc's ( I assume you have more than one?) then use port forwarding to direct all traffic to port 21000 to the respective pc that hosts the game (do not use the DHCP feature as this only complicates things) you allocate a static ip from control panel under networking I believe. Sorry if this is a bit vague but I am working from memory here and it has been a while scince I had to configure my router. At the very least I hope this points you in the right direction.

BaldieJr
03-01-2005, 08:56 PM
Ya gotta forward port + 10.

If the game runs port 21000, you have to forward 21000, 21001, 21002 etc etc 21010

This, in accordance with the PF manual. If this is no longer valid, burn ubi, not me.