PDA

View Full Version : Initial FOV

funkster319
11-23-2007, 12:15 PM
Is there a way to set the initial FOV? or even fix it permentantly

horseback
11-23-2007, 01:11 PM
I don't think that there is a way to reset the default FOV. I've always had a joystick button assigned to the Toggle FOV function, and once my rig got enough buttons to do so, I got one each assigned to Wide View and Gunsight View.

I recommend that you do the same.

cheers

horseback

Fireball_
11-23-2007, 01:59 PM
Once when I started the game I noticed that my default FOV had moved forward significantly. I had to set my FOV to a wide setting to get it approximately how it used to be at normal setting. And no amount of restarting the game would fix it.

So, I did some poking around in my conf.ini file and comparing it to a pristine version I had saved when I first installed IL-2. I noticed the 'viewSet' setting in the [game] section had changed from 'viewSet=32' to 'viewSet=34'. I changed it back to 32, restarted the game and the FOV was back to normal.

This has happened a few more times since then, usually (if not always) after I've been out on Hyperlobby on some servers. Haven't narrowed it down beyond that.

Anyway...you might try tweaking that setting and see it that does what you need. Apparently higher numbers move the normal FOV in, so maybe lower numbers move it out.

funkster319
11-23-2007, 02:14 PM
Thanks Fireball http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

horseback
11-23-2007, 02:22 PM
Fireball, I think what you got was a Toggle Gunsight (I think it's Shift+F1)view shifted on you. It's a pretty radical change on some aircraft, and a fairly subtle change in some others.

Once you've set the Toggle Gunsight at one position, it stays there for that 'pilot account' until you change it back...

The general effect is that the 'pilot's' viewpoint is shifted forward about 8-10 inches and the crosshairs or pipper in the gunsight stays centered. I find this toggle is helpful when trying to track an ai opponent, who will often try to 'hide' behind my canopy/windshield framing.

Generally, I recommend leaving the config.ini folder alone as much as possible, at least until I've exhausted the in-game options.

cheers

horseback

Lurch1962
11-23-2007, 04:59 PM
Y'know, Fireball's fiddling with the ViewSet parameter has inspired me to try some "spearmints" with it meself!