PDA

View Full Version : Did 4.0 patch fix the "jet lag" problem??

Hawgdog
07-11-2005, 08:39 AM
I still see no later mapped servers offereing jets, it would be nice to fly a 262 against the lesser P-51 and perhaps drop some bombs on an allied base on the way home after pummeling a couple of jugs

FritzGryphon
07-11-2005, 10:06 AM
Really? What a coincidence. It's been my life long dream to be shot down by a Me-262. We should meet sometime.

But seriously, the Me-262 doesn't really have an equal, so it's no surprise server hosts omit it. I don't see why that would change with 4.01.

Friendly_flyer
07-11-2005, 10:15 AM
Some of the other German jets (the salamander and the Goha) has abilities that are, if not close, would allow them to fight the Swalbe.

This makes for purely fantasy servers, on the other hand...

VW-IceFire
07-11-2005, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by FritzGryphon:
Really? What a coincidence. It's been my life long dream to be shot down by a Me-262. We should meet sometime.

But seriously, the Me-262 doesn't really have an equal, so it's no surprise server hosts omit it. I don't see why that would change with 4.01.
YP-80 is its equal...but that is kind of fantasy. Depends on what the server wants to do...

FritzGryphon
07-11-2005, 10:27 AM
YP-80 too slow, I find. Sure, it accelerates and turns good, but it breaks up at 800kmh! Me-262 on the other hand, can do 900+kmh on the deck.

But in a DF furball, I guess it would be good.

Abel29A
07-11-2005, 10:41 AM
But wouldnt it be fun for the allies to have to contend with the schwalbe sometimes? I mean in a mission-setting where the allies have to protect bombers. Some would have to be guarding the bombers while others would fly sweeps over enemy airstrips to cath the 262's low&slow.

Therein lies a great challenge. (I would of course elect to fly the 262 as i loathe challenges http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

StellarRat
07-11-2005, 01:56 PM
The 262 is almost untouchable if the pilot doesn't manuever much, but I've shot down bunches of them that tried to turn too much or were below me (you can catch them in a dive with a P-47) just like any other plane.

Hawgdog
07-11-2005, 02:28 PM
I've shot down 262's in online servers before. Like anything else, play to its weakness, acceleration is key. Get them when they get low and screw up- like anything else every plane in here gets shot down, it would be nice to be able to try the jabo
Servers could stick them in the back of the maps like they do bombers and other high end fighters

The question was lag, has it been fixed in the new patch??, if servers wanted to put jets (and the 262 is really the only one worth adding) back into the choices would they still create the lag problems, NOT should they be in there, or how easy I could shoot down gryphon http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Daiichidoku
07-11-2005, 02:59 PM
ok

1 the 262 is the LEAST of the jets in FB...the 162 is better, the YP 80 is better, and the Goth is WAY better......that said, i AM a fan of the 262, but sorry, it just cant compete with the opther jets assuming all are flown by equal pilots

2 JET LAG....this is a misnomer, probably spread by cowards in La7s, Yak 3Ps, spits and those of the other "uber" prop types, who just HATE that with a jet around, they have to start looking over thier shoulders.....
The only lag issues there ever was, was with NOT jets, but the Me 163 Komet ROCKET...that thing would be untrackable in play, super laggy.....but that was fixed WAY back with 3.0

wish i knew why so many cried about jets...heck, its much harder to get clean kills AND RTB safely then in, say, a Ki84C...

FritzGryphon
07-11-2005, 03:02 PM
Who said jets make lag? They require the same bandwidth as any plane.

Maybe it's just more noticable on jets, because of the smoke trail.

Peckens
07-11-2005, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Daiichidoku:
ok

1 the 262 is the LEAST of the jets in FB...the 162 is better, the YP 80 is better, and the Goth is WAY better......that said, i AM a fan of the 262, but sorry, it just cant compete with the opther jets assuming all are flown by equal pilots

2 JET LAG....this is a misnomer, probably spread by cowards in La7s, Yak 3Ps, spits and those of the other "uber" prop types, who just HATE that with a jet around, they have to start looking over thier shoulders.....
The only lag issues there ever was, was with NOT jets, but the Me 163 Komet ROCKET...that thing would be untrackable in play, super laggy.....but that was fixed WAY back with 3.0

wish i knew why so many cried about jets...heck, its much harder to get clean kills AND RTB safely then in, say, a Ki84C...

i agree 100%

MEGILE
07-11-2005, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Hawgdog:
Did 4.0 patch fix the "jet lag" problem??

Nope, its gotten worse, and the Me-262 is the main culprit... maybe a fix in the next patch.

Aviar
07-11-2005, 05:19 PM
I've been flying IL-2 online almost every day since it first came out. I can't recall even hearing anything about any kind of jet 'lag'.

I've flown the 262 on a bunch of servers as well as many coops. Also, I used to include the 262 on some of my maps when I hosted DF rooms. I can't remember ever having any such 'lag' problem.

My guess is that it's just misinformation spread by the jet haters... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

Aviar

Badsight.
07-11-2005, 07:07 PM
you sure Megile ?

Originally posted by Hawgdog:
I still see no later mapped servers offereing jets, it would be nice to fly a 262 against the lesser P-51 and perhaps drop some bombs on an allied base on the way home after pummeling a couple of jugs
no jets in FB created lag

there was a problem with the smoke that the Me-163 made that was a FPS killer , it was fixed in v3.04

it doesnt seem to run as nice now tho in v4.01

Badsight.
07-11-2005, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Daiichidoku:
and the Goth is WAY better......that said, i AM a fan of the 262, but sorry, it just cant compete with the opther jets assuming all are flown by equal pilots.. flowen the Go-229 in v4.01 ?

i would take a 262 over the 162 & the 229

that 229 sure is hard to hurt with MGs in just one burst tho , totally unlike the other 2 LW jets

VW-IceFire
07-11-2005, 07:14 PM
I find the YP-80 to be much better than the 262 in everything except top speed...but I usually dive on the target anyways. A good match actually.

As for the jet lag...never existed. Totally bogus. I've been flying jets in dogfight servers for the last 3 or 4 patches without problem.

There was, and maybe still is (?), issues with the Me163 causing some sort of lag on the server and making alot of planes in the server warp. I think it had to do with the prediction algorithms and the immense amount of acceleration off of the rocket engine. Definately was not FPS related as it was always smooth for me.

MEGILE
07-11-2005, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Badsight.:
you sure Megile ?

Nope, I made it up to substitute for the fabricated idea that the mass of Red players have been claiming this since the Me-262 was introduced.
I call BS, and you nice

I guess that makes me, the first Jet lag whiner, and they are the Jet lag whiner whiners. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

I think Norris Mcwirblewind, one of the main perpetrators of this fabrication has nightmares about being surrounded by a mob of angry yank whiners.
That or being naked in public