PDA

View Full Version : AI can grabb u from behind

nitres15
04-25-2010, 12:58 PM
someone just crabbed me from behind and the other guy smashed me in the face

Six_Gun
04-25-2010, 01:56 PM
What were you doing to get the crabs from him? LOL

Seriously though, one person here demonstrated with a screenshot that you can grab an enemy from behind and use them as a shield. I've yet to be able to grab anyone unless engaged in combat with of course them being in high alert (red) mode.

nitres15
04-25-2010, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Six_Gun:
What were you doing to get the crabs from him? LOL

Seriously though, one person here demonstrated with a screenshot that you can grab an enemy from behind and use them as a shield. I've yet to be able to grab anyone unless engaged in combat with of course them being in high alert (red) mode.

i stole some florins from 2 guys and they saw me and one was behind me and one was onfront of me and the guy behind me took me with both arms and the other guy as i said he smashed me in my face with his fists http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gifalso i could not get loose

obliviondoll
04-26-2010, 06:55 AM
On actual topic - I havn't sen that happen, but cool. I want to now.

On the following:

you can grab an enemy from behind and use them as a shield. I've yet to be able to grab anyone unless engaged in combat with of course them being in high alert (red) mode.
Hold high profile, press off-hand button (R1 + O on PS3) and you'll grab them. If you have a weapon in hand, you'll put it to the enemy's throat and hold them like a hostage. Pressing the attack button slits their throat - particlarly cool with a broom http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

If you've got the guards worried about you, getting that close with a weapon drawn can be tricky, but you can also just hit the off-hand button when you're in combat to grab - if it's a weaker guard, or one who's injured, you can still get away with it. Needs to be a hand-held weapon though.

nitres15
04-26-2010, 07:53 AM
im not joking http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Six_Gun
04-26-2010, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:

On the following:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Six_Gun:
you can grab an enemy from behind and use them as a shield. I've yet to be able to grab anyone unless engaged in combat with of course them being in high alert (red) mode.
Hold high profile, press off-hand button (R1 + O on PS3) and you'll grab them. If you have a weapon in hand, you'll put it to the enemy's throat and hold them like a hostage. Pressing the attack button slits their throat - particlarly cool with a broom http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

If you've got the guards worried about you, getting that close with a weapon drawn can be tricky, but you can also just hit the off-hand button when you're in combat to grab - if it's a weaker guard, or one who's injured, you can still get away with it. Needs to be a hand-held weapon though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Hmmm, always hate it when people talk in console control configs. Let's simplify this. High profile is what you block with right, like holding your sword in a defensive position? Not sure what you mean by "off-hand" though. Can you tell me what it's primarily used for in game?

jimbo11235813
04-26-2010, 04:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:

On the following:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Six_Gun:

If you've got the guards worried about you, getting that close with a weapon drawn can be tricky, but you can also just hit the off-hand button when you're in combat to grab - if it's a weaker guard, or one who's injured, you can still get away with it. Needs to be a hand-held weapon though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Hmmm, always hate it when people talk in console control configs. Let's simplify this. High profile is what you block with right, like holding your sword in a defensive position? Not sure what you mean by "off-hand" though. Can you tell me what it's primarily used for in game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> By off-hand he means empty hand button (grabbing, grab ledge, throw enemy, etc.)