PDA

View Full Version : I need help. How do I find out who the 60 templars are? Please help i'm stuck.



skylinegt94
11-15-2007, 02:22 PM
I can't figure out if you need to find someone to activate the 60 templar killings or if you just go out and kill them. And if so how do you know who they are and where they are.

ZakvsShotgun
11-15-2007, 02:25 PM
The Templars are just hardcore guards scattered across the entire playing field. They look a lot different than regular guards. They have a full face shield and are harder to kill.

xekushnr
11-15-2007, 02:26 PM
You just start killing them. You can tell its them because they wear chain mail armor with a helmet and they have the white cloth with the red cross on it. They are strong as hell. It seems much harder to counter them too, but that could just be me.

Oh, and you dont know where they are. Thats why you gotta hunt them down.

bukowski113
11-15-2007, 02:27 PM
I've found 6 so far and they were scattered in the lands between the cities.

The ones I've found have been standing by or near the road, usually next to a horse and a pile of stuff.

They just stand there looking all knightly... until they start killing you. They pack much more of wallop than your average city guard.

CouchZombie
11-15-2007, 02:30 PM
i have seen them as well around the playing field with large groups of soldiers either following them or the templars are speaking with the group of them

Ravnica01
11-15-2007, 02:31 PM
ive only one till now (have played this day from 4 to 5.30 (european time)) it was in a destroyed building in acre(doh) it was near the assassination target for the informant

bukowski113
11-15-2007, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by CouchZombie:
i have seen them as well around the playing field with large groups of soldiers either following them or the templars are speaking with the group of them

Oh man... those guys are Templars? I saw a VERY large group of soldiers all yelling at me and waving swords... So I rode away very quickly.

me=wuss

Exassassin
11-15-2007, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by bukowski113:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CouchZombie:
i have seen them as well around the playing field with large groups of soldiers either following them or the templars are speaking with the group of them

Oh man... those guys are Templars? I saw a VERY large group of soldiers all yelling at me and waving swords... So I rode away very quickly.

me=wuss </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I saw a huge pack of soldiers when I almost reached Damascus for the first time. There were 20 of them, including 1 templar. For a minute I stood there, wandering about if I should attack them or not. To my mistake I let go of the blend button and they all rushed towards me. I was like: Where's my horse!? - I ran and ran until I finally saw my horse, jumped on the back of it, and fled like the devil was chasing me. It was intense and fun. Awesome game this is. I am loving every minute of it.

skylinegt94
11-15-2007, 03:55 PM
thanks guys that helped a lot I really appreciate it

clownfish1485
11-15-2007, 04:06 PM
Can you only kill these guys with the hidden blade or are they just insanely strong? I saw one down by the water somewhere on a dock. First time I attacked him he grabbed me and threw me in the water haha. When I restarted I was in a long fight with him, eventually had to push him down and use the blade to get him.

Exassassin
11-15-2007, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by clownfish1485:
Can you only kill these guys with the hidden blade or are they just insanely strong? I saw one down by the water somewhere on a dock. First time I attacked him he grabbed me and threw me in the water haha. When I restarted I was in a long fight with him, eventually had to push him down and use the blade to get him.

Yeah, you can use the hidden blade on him, but only from behind or above. There are a few in Demascus who are in alleys so you can assassinate them from above. It really is awesome http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Pinjani10
11-15-2007, 07:30 PM
I found a group in the dock with 2 templars (2 patrols they just happened to be passing each other) I threw one of those drunk guys into the water and it was like OH SNAP! 10 guards and 2 templars :P I drowned most of the guards but man those templars are hard. Short bladed one of them to death guard broke and killed the last one. Countering them is HARD use gaurd break instead (Step followed by X)

NeoshinobiX
11-15-2007, 08:44 PM
Yeah templars are hard to counter they do heavy hit alot and they also counter YOU a lot -_-.

Best thing to do is guard break, until you get that running into a templar will suck :X.

psycopath2003
11-15-2007, 08:51 PM
they are pretty easy to find when you finnaly see one they all look really similar, Bucket like helm, white tabard with a red cross and a long sword in hand, and they will attack you no matter what when they see you.

I walked past one in blend (not with the scholars) and he still ran at me.

Funny story though ..one of the Templar's i had found, i snuck up on him and did an assassination stab to his side a guard saw me and chased after, well soon enough i had 4 guards on me next thing i know that Templar i had just stabbed came in and knocked one of the guards to the side.

Edit i think that guy was in Jeruselum =D

mbs284
11-15-2007, 08:54 PM
yea i killed 5 there only hard if they aren't killed with the hidden blade

stix489
11-16-2007, 02:06 AM
Judging from videos...since I have to wait till the 21st...the Templars look bigger in size than normal guards. Is this true?

psycopath2003
11-16-2007, 02:08 AM
eh not really, they got more clothing what not on, usually a cape, and when you see them standing they are standing in a more defiant pose, straight up, stiff shoulders. one of those "dont F with me" looking stances =P

DDR
11-16-2007, 02:10 AM
Are they the ones with redish helmets (Or is that just blood?)

I havent played because it isnt out here yet (21st aswell)

stix489
11-16-2007, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by psycopath2003:
eh not really, they got more clothing what not on, usually a cape, and when you see them standing they are standing in a more defiant pose, straight up, stiff shoulders. one of those "dont F with me" looking stances =P

Hmm...I could swear I've seen them looking bigger though...I think it was the Gamespot walkthrough...don't know which number though!

Although I could be wrong, he could have been some boss or something!!


I havent played because it isnt out here yet (21st aswell)

I feel for you!

psycopath2003
11-16-2007, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by DDR:
Are they the ones with redish helmets (Or is that just blood?)

I havent played because it isnt out here yet (21st aswell)

yeah they are the ones in the big red helms, im not sure some might have different colored ones, and they are wearing white robe/tabard looking things with a blood red cross in the middle.

xekushnr
11-16-2007, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by stix489:
Judging from videos...since I have to wait till the 21st...the Templars look bigger in size than normal guards. Is this true?

They do seem to have a bigger build. The Templars I have run into look like bodybuilders in chain mail.


Originally posted by psycopath2003:
yeah they are the ones in the big red helms, im not sure some might have different colored ones, and they are wearing white robe/tabard looking things with a blood red cross in the middle.

Most of the ones I see have a unpainted metal helm. Dont look for the red helm as a distinctive mark. I think all the ones I have killed were not wearing a red helm. They do, however, all seem to be wearing helms.

Zeshal
11-16-2007, 04:07 AM
the templars are usually the (above post) bigger guys with a full red helm, look for the helm, they're not always in common places...there's a few that just stands there in the mid-floor between 2 buildings...wonder what he was doing http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

psycopath2003
11-16-2007, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by xekushnr:

Most of the ones I see have a unpainted metal helm. Dont look for the red helm as a distinctive mark. I think all the ones I have killed were not wearing a red helm. They do, however, all seem to be wearing helms.

Yeah I have seen a few without the red helm, from my memory the ones I have seen with red helms are :spoiler maybe: in and around Jeruselum, next time i see one ill try to get a picture and post one, alive or dead XD

Zeshal
11-16-2007, 04:14 AM
oh, my apologies, all i know is that i assassinate anyone on rooftops...and random achievements just pop up and glare out my screen and annoys the **** outa me, much like the flags

xekushnr
11-16-2007, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by psycopath2003:

Yeah I have seen a few without the red helm, from my memory the ones I have seen with red helms are :spoiler maybe: in and around Jeruselum, next time i see one ill try to get a picture and post one, alive or dead XD

Ahh, thats good to know. I'll be on the lookout for them then.

psycopath2003
11-16-2007, 04:34 AM
Ok well here is a picture like I promised. Dead though =D just a heads up too when I found the Templar in the pictue there was a guy nearby that looked similar but had a posse of guards with him, still pretty hard to take down but not a Templar so don't get them confused thinking "omg theres one" and you kill him with no point to your 60 kills http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Dead Templar (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/psycopath2003/DeadTemplar.jpg)