PDA

View Full Version : Elevated Front View...helps frame~rate.

XyZspineZyX
07-03-2003, 11:05 AM
Right now, to avoid choppy landscape grafix when nose down below horizon, I use mouse to position front view a little above the cockpit instruments, but still see the gunsight near bottom of monitor. If there were a Key Press that would make pilot front view a little higher than normal--but still have gunsight in view below, that would help when fighting over heavy terrain grafix.

If the instrument panel had Instant View, possibly zoomed in a little, with return to previous view upon key releace, that would help eliminate need for evil Speedbar.

No, I never tried the No Cockpit View, and I never will, and I bet frame~rate is the reason why its soooo popular. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
07-03-2003, 11:05 AM
Right now, to avoid choppy landscape grafix when nose down below horizon, I use mouse to position front view a little above the cockpit instruments, but still see the gunsight near bottom of monitor. If there were a Key Press that would make pilot front view a little higher than normal--but still have gunsight in view below, that would help when fighting over heavy terrain grafix.

If the instrument panel had Instant View, possibly zoomed in a little, with return to previous view upon key releace, that would help eliminate need for evil Speedbar.

No, I never tried the No Cockpit View, and I never will, and I bet frame~rate is the reason why its soooo popular. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
07-03-2003, 05:23 PM
You know, you can lower the terrian detail to its minimal settings and get excellent framerates. Doing this, I was able to turn object detail, object lighting, and vis distance to maximum and still maintain a minimum of 30 fps on even the worst of online servers.

<font face="Courier New">
&nbspBaldieJr
_____ | _____
_\__(o)__/_
./ \.
Whiners don't play vulchers
(er, winners)
</font>

XyZspineZyX
07-03-2003, 09:03 PM
i mean oleg has lod models but man the cockpits are frame killers 85fps with cockpit off and 40s with it on, They look great and all but do lower fps more then half even the external models of bombers and high poly planes dont. Im worried that the tempest cockpit is going to drop fps in the 20s and im on a fast machine too p4 3.06 1gig ddr radeon 9700. Many people who plane online on slower comps 1.5 etc say the cockpits make the game so laggy they cant play thats why they are stuck in ez setting games.

I think something needs to be done about this

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4jz7i/ls.gif

Good dogfighters bring ammo home, Great ones don't. (c) Leadspitter