PDA

View Full Version : Assassination Creation

Master_Rahl
12-19-2010, 08:38 AM
This is a suggestion for a tool to create assassinations, which I think most would appreciate quite a bit.

I am posting this fully aware that if implemented, I may get no credit whatsoever. I assume that all who post and improve upon this topic are also aware of this. I am suggesting this because I'd like to see it in the game.

Assassination Creation is a simple and useful tool. At first it may seem overwhelming, but it is really quite easy to figure out. As I am unsure what the setting of the Assassin's Creed game this would be featured in would be, it could be done in several different ways.

It could be accessed while in the Animus. If the Animus was not in the game, Assassination Creation could be a program on an in-game laptop/computer, or, if it was set in an earlier time period with no electronics (or few), it could be done on a piece of paper as if you were drawing it out. When done creating an assassination, the character would then go to a designated area to train on targets.

The concept is simple: you create a unique assassination by choosing from several categories. First, you choose a "Direction", which is where you have to be in relation to the target for the assassination to work (for example, to stab them in the back they must be facing away from you.)

After choosing a Direction, you choose "sequences." There may be many sequences to an assassination. Each sequence might restrict or widen the range of options available for the next sequence. A sequence would work like so:
A player may set the direction at behind and then set sequence one to "Right leg Player into left leg Enemy"
This would make the character bring their right leg up, and then down onto an enemies, forcing them to their knees.
Sequence two could then be "Left arm Player cover mouth Enemy"
Which would cause the player to wrap their left arm around the head of an enemy and cover their mouth so they can't alert other guards.

It could then be finished with three more quick sequences:
"Right arm Player wrap around throat Enemy"
Player wraps right arm around the throat of the enemy.
"Hidden Blade Weapon"
Player 'activates' the Hidden Blade, thus making the options for the next sequence Hidden Blade related.
"Slit Throat"
Player slits throat of guard. Since the target will die once the throat is slit, all sequences end. Guard falls onto face, dead, assassination is ended.

Assassinations could be further embellished with "theatrical" and "vocal" sequences. A theatrical sequence would involve something like spinning your sword in your hand, or doing a flip. Vocal sequences would make the character say a certain word (or several) at a certain point in time during the assassination.

For example:
Sequence 1 - Player activates Hidden Blade
Sequence 2 - Vocal sequence: "Poke"
Sequence 3 - Stab Enemy with Hidden Blade (neck)

The player would then efficiently stab the enemy in the neck with a hidden blade, and, while doing so, says "Poke."
There doesn't have to be many words, or any, really, but a list of words to choose from would be nice. These could be anything as simple as "Poke" to a short comment such as "And I was being clumsy, too."

Different sequence types could be put together in almost any combination. They would only really be limited when choosing a certain weapon in a sequence. You can't spin a hidden blade, so weapon based theatrics would be out of the question.

All in all, I think the players would really appreciate a system such as this, even if it was dumbed down a bit (or a lot).

What do you guys think?

LordWolv
12-19-2010, 08:54 AM
Wow, that's very far fetched. Abit like a simple way of programming. Well, Master_Rahl, I can never see it actually happening. However, I personally love it and you have a great idea. Congratulations for the epic brainwave, but I don't see it happening. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

magesupermaster
12-19-2010, 09:09 AM
I have just one question: for what purpose will it serve?
You have a great concpet but it is a bit dumbed down.
It just seems a little vague.

Like you said, the concept is simple, albeit the creation isn't.

Maybe, if Ubisoft were to see this, it could act like the level creator in LBP.
You could choose the type of map, how many guards would feature in that map, weapons in your disposal, allies/targets and so on.

Master_Rahl
12-19-2010, 09:26 AM
The purpose is simple: it allows you to have a larger variety of assassinations while playing the game as normal, and you get to feel like you have assassinations unique to you.

It's all in my head and it makes a lot of sense to me, and I wasn't sure how best to introduce it to you guys, so please, if anything seems vague or difficult to understand, feel free to ask.

Rakudaton
12-19-2010, 10:37 AM
I actually think this is a GENIUS idea! Remember the fight training rings from AC and AC2 (but not ACB http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif) where you could practice (and, in AC2, buy) combat moves? Well, why not include that as a function? You could have "animation parts" (sequences, if you will) that you collect up. You buy them from the support characters. For example, La Volpe might teach you a sneaky back-stab technique, or Bartolomeo might show you how to do a huge axe-smash. You could either buy them using cash or buy "special" parts by doing missions for them.