PDA

View Full Version : Pilot keeps looking all the way to the right??

Grind-and-Click
02-04-2009, 04:47 PM
Hey guys and gals.

When i start my game, even with no joystick, no keyboard installed, my pilot starts looking all the way to the right in the cockpit.

I can sort of jitteringly move him back to the middle and he'll stay, but then just swing immediately back to looking out the back right of the cockpit.

Keyboard, joystick, in and out...it does this.

Hope you can help me out guys, i have the new patch installed too.

PanzerAce
02-04-2009, 06:59 PM
Check your key mapping. Sounds to me like something is mapped to 'look right' or whatever it's labeled as. If something is bound to it, try unbinding that key and see what happens.

jamesblonde1979
02-04-2009, 11:38 PM
I'd try uninstalling your mouse from device manager and restarting windows.

Uufflakke
02-05-2009, 08:10 AM
Do you have TrackIr or another headtracking device installed?
In my case it happened after installing this program. To me no problem because I never fly without it.
If you want to look straight forward you can press 5 on your numpad.

Urufu_Shinjiro
02-05-2009, 12:27 PM
If you do NOT have trackIR or similar, then be sure in your conf.ini that trackIRuse=0.

Grind-and-Click
02-05-2009, 03:27 PM
Hey guys.

Thank you so much for all your help.

When track IR was mentioned , i realised i had trackIR alternative, which is the same thing basically, but i hadnt tried to use it, or turn on the trackIR alternative programme with IL2 yet so figured it couldnt be it.

But i thought maybe actually using trackIR alternative with the game could bypass the problem somehow and fix it that way.

Well it did! I just need to actually use it and it works fine, and if i dont want to use it, turn on the trackIR alternative programme and leave it running in the background with my webcam off.

I didnt check my conf.ini, as im not sure where it is...its a file right, not an option to click in game?

Maybe to fix it properly i should have a look at this file, but i dont want to mess it so my trackIR alternative never works.

Thank you seriously guys, id have my legs firmly planted on the ground looking up at all the fun without your help.

choks away

EDIT: I edited out the name of the trackIR alternative, discussion of that particular program is not allowed on these boards unfortunately.