PDA

View Full Version : An additional feature needed for multiplay!

MoritzJGOne
11-01-2004, 10:01 PM
Managing the carrier deck in multiplay will be difficult without little people to help move your bird up front so the nxt guy could land.

I would like to suggest what I think would be an easy fix. This would be a position on the island's open bridge where a player can stand and act as Air Boss, one directing the landings and deck movements of aircraft. (This could also be done on land bases.) On the CV, you could have modelled admiral, Captain and other crew watching the deck with you.

A second and more difficult idea would have working elevators to take aircraft to hanger decks.

MoritzJGOne
11-01-2004, 10:01 PM
Managing the carrier deck in multiplay will be difficult without little people to help move your bird up front so the nxt guy could land.

I would like to suggest what I think would be an easy fix. This would be a position on the island's open bridge where a player can stand and act as Air Boss, one directing the landings and deck movements of aircraft. (This could also be done on land bases.) On the CV, you could have modelled admiral, Captain and other crew watching the deck with you.

A second and more difficult idea would have working elevators to take aircraft to hanger decks.

Tully__
11-01-2004, 11:26 PM
A good idea and you're not the only one. A number of requests have been made for an "air traffic controller" or "intercept controller" slot in multiplayer ever since the original IL2 Sturmovik game came out.

Mission designers have at various times managed different workarounds for this, but most of them rely on having External Views available. It truly would be nice to have the option available natively in the game.

MoritzJGOne
11-02-2004, 03:59 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gifGlad to hear I am not the only one to think like this!

I hope we can at least get the 'Air Boss' position or we are going to have a mess on these carrier decks.

T_O_A_D
11-02-2004, 04:10 PM
Yes been wanting it since the beggining. I've set up staic camera's for it but that won't work on a boat. And yes external on is the only option.