PDA

View Full Version : 1946 Discontinued????????

Skoshi Tiger
03-01-2007, 09:32 PM
Hi! I live in Perth Western Australia and I've only just managed to get a copy of IL2-1946. After trying out the local computer shops i went to the local EBGames store and asked for a copy.

The shop attendent looked on her computer and told me that the game had been discontinued and the remaining copies had been recalled???

She phoned around the other shops and found a copy at a store about 20km away! So I had a bit of a drive to get one!

I was quite surprised at the statement.

May be their sending all the recalled copies to the USA for its release there http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

tagTaken2
03-01-2007, 09:56 PM
Peculiar statement if true, but generally EB staff are clueless knobs. On the plus side, at least they made the effort to phone.

Skoshi Tiger
03-01-2007, 11:04 PM
but generally EB staff are clueless knobs.
Ho! Ho! I think the guy that helped her was a student I taught databases to! (Being a computing teacher at the local high school http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif) So I guess I've only got myself to blame!

stansdds
03-02-2007, 04:00 AM
EB is fine for console games, but when it comes to anything for a PC, they are pretty clueless.

Antoninus
03-02-2007, 04:42 AM
In germany all remaining copies of the first edition of 46 were recalled a few weeks ago because there were some skins with swastikas in it. (in 4.07, they were replaced with 4.08). Shortly, amazon says end of march, UBI will release a new edition with the "fixed" skins. Maybe that's the same reason why they stop selling it in australia.

loppenainen
03-02-2007, 05:06 AM
Would have thought Oz more prissy about the Hinimaru, as there were a shedload more nips in New guinea compared to Nazis.

More likely the sheila just got it as wrong as a pom on bondai

tagTaken2
03-02-2007, 05:22 AM
Oops.

If we have the "International" edition, then they'd all have to be "fixed". Interesting, does somebody want to check how many skins there were? It's too hot here.

TgD Thunderbolt56
03-02-2007, 05:57 AM
lol...I replace/doctor most all my skins with 'historically accurate' ones anyway. I'd still be interested to know how many and which ones seeing as I have the first edition as well.

TB

Antoninus
03-02-2007, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by tagTaken2:
Oops.

If we have the "International" edition, then they'd all have to be "fixed". Interesting, does somebody want to check how many skins there were? It's too hot here.

5, two for Ar-234 and three for Ta-152C

Skoshi Tiger
03-04-2007, 10:39 PM
I don't think there is any law in australia banning the use of swastikas. It's fairly uncommon for anyone execpt tossers to want to use it. (People historically portaying a LW pilot excepted!

My step-daughter brought home a skin-head boyfriend home one day who had a band t-shirt with a tri-skellion(? three armed Swastika) on it and he was quickly told that if he ever wanted to step inside the door again he need to loose that F&*KING shirt! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Needless to say we've never seen that shirt again. (I think the boy is little confused and was rebelling against his parents. The youth of today! Tut-tut! I don't mind a bit of rebellion now and again - but skin-heads are just plain un-Australian )

Originally posted by Antoninus:
In germany all remaining copies of the first edition of 46 were recalled a few weeks ago because there were some skins with swastikas in it. (in 4.07, they were replaced with 4.08). Shortly, amazon says end of march, UBI will release a new edition with the "fixed" skins. Maybe that's the same reason why they stop selling it in australia.

Chris0382
03-05-2007, 08:18 AM
i understand they are trying to also bring a suspected war criminal from Nazi Germany who is living in Austrailia to prosecution and I wonder if there is a connection.

Australia needs a victim to be present for a trial to procede though.

Beirut
03-05-2007, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by tagTaken2:
Peculiar statement if true, but generally EB staff are clueless knobs. On the plus side, at least they made the effort to phone.

I just picked up IL2-46 yesterday in Quebec at EB Games. I wasn't looking at a wall of PC games for more then a ten seconds before an EB kid asked me if I need help. "Yeah, do you have IL2-46?" Seconds later it was in my hands. "Oh..., well, thanks."

tagTaken2
03-05-2007, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Antoninus:
5, two for Ar-234 and three for Ta-152C

Thanks for checking. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

@Beirut

Glad you had a positive experience, and I'm sure that there are EB staff out there who give a damn, but it's my last choice to buy in. It's a supermarket for games, and I've found that expecting staff to be knowledgeable about the product, or even release dates is like expecting a checkout girl to suggest ways of dressing up the meal I'm making. This would be forgivable if prices were significantly lower, but they're not. Once I was buying a sim, and this guy tried to sell me some utterly generic joystick as "one of the best on the market". Doooood. I have the best on the market, and I don't need some spotty blob spinning **** to me.