PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please clarify Ngen, Dgen and DCG

deathhamster
02-25-2005, 06:59 PM
I read in a lot of post talk about Ngen Dgen and DCG can someone please explain what they mean?

deathhamster
02-25-2005, 06:59 PM
I read in a lot of post talk about Ngen Dgen and DCG can someone please explain what they mean?

Beaufort-RAF
02-25-2005, 07:27 PM
Dgen is the dynamic campaign generator, what you use when you choose a pilot career.

Ngen is the online campaign engine.

DCG is Lowengrins (http://www.lowengrin.com/content.php?article.9) superb alternative to Dgen.

deathhamster
02-26-2005, 04:50 AM
thanks for the info

JunkoIfurita
02-27-2005, 04:48 AM
DCG can replace NGen, too!

The major bummer with the stock NGen is that it doesn't allow you to run co-op campaigns that run on multiple fronts/maps - once you reach the end of one map, you're done (also the missions tend to be really, really, bland).

DCG's NGen replacement runs co-op campaigns exactly the same way that it runs DGen campaigns. There is a massive 'Grand Campaign' for the Eastern front War (playing both Axis/Allies), and the PTO thus far is a series of interconnected grand campaigns (eventually to be merged into one, I believe). If that's not enough, Tailspin has created three 'mini grand campaigns' based on fictional scenarios.

[/blatant DCG Fanboysmanship]

----

huggy87
02-27-2005, 07:47 AM
It looks like DCG replaces DGEN in the install process. Is that correct? Can you have both DCG and DGEN work simultaneouly (ie. fly a dgen campaign, log out, and go into a different DCG campaign). Although the Pacific DGEN campaigns I have started really bite, I need some convincing about how great DCG is before I start replacing .exe files.

Beaufort-RAF
02-27-2005, 05:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> It looks like DCG replaces DGEN in the install process. Is that correct? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You run DCG separately or replace Dgen. It's your choice.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Can you have both DCG and DGEN work simultaneouly (ie. fly a dgen campaign, log out, and go into a different DCG campaign) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I'm doing that at the moment.

huggy87
02-27-2005, 05:57 PM
Thanks. I really haven't been happy with the few pacific campaigns I have tried and will give this DCG a shot.