PDA

View Full Version : Oleg. The B25 is awesome, but it needs your attention.

Col_Tibbetts
11-08-2004, 10:03 AM
Oleg,

Thanks for the B25. I have been waiting for a good bomber since the B17II sim was out. However there are some big problems with it that I am sure you just didn't have time to fix before the release date.

For starters it is impossible to hold altitude with the level stabilizer on. If you operate at the placard engine paramaters (you know, the "Do not operate over 2100 RPM placard) the plane drops at 100 fpm on level stabilizer. This is with full positive trim as well.

Also the props don't feather. Lose an engine and it windmills. This is bad as you know.

Lastly, are you planning a model of the Norden bombsight like you modelled the Lofte sight? We obviously have the Lofte sight in the B25 now.

Thanks for all you do.

Col_Tibbetts
11-08-2004, 10:03 AM
Oleg,

Thanks for the B25. I have been waiting for a good bomber since the B17II sim was out. However there are some big problems with it that I am sure you just didn't have time to fix before the release date.

For starters it is impossible to hold altitude with the level stabilizer on. If you operate at the placard engine paramaters (you know, the "Do not operate over 2100 RPM placard) the plane drops at 100 fpm on level stabilizer. This is with full positive trim as well.

Also the props don't feather. Lose an engine and it windmills. This is bad as you know.

Lastly, are you planning a model of the Norden bombsight like you modelled the Lofte sight? We obviously have the Lofte sight in the B25 now.

Thanks for all you do.

A.K.Davis
11-08-2004, 10:14 AM
I've also noticed that the inner-wing fuel tanks seem suspiciously flammable. I would have assumed they were self-sealing, but those things go up like a Zero.

WWMaxGunz
11-08-2004, 10:25 AM
Same with B-17.

How is it with Tu's, Pe's, He's?

They model from blueprints.

BaldieJr
11-08-2004, 10:38 AM
I emailed Oleg about 'flying by the numbers' and he claims the B25 climbs better than it should.

I dunno. Try flying at cruise RPM and you'll end up on the ground, but if he says its better than its supposed to be then it must be.

diveplane
11-08-2004, 11:37 AM
also the damage the b25 could take was heavy
because off the steel
body, not like british bombers of wood and
canvas, in this i think its wood and canvas
=b25 a ki sawed me in half , how unrealistic

lol http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/354.gif

Vipez-
11-08-2004, 01:05 PM
im not sure, but maybe the B25 has similar level stabilizer as Heinkel has,, which is your speed has to be above 300 to not loose altitude (and even then you need few clicks on elevator trim).. if ur below 300 IAS, your altitude will fall

Philipscdrw
11-08-2004, 10:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by diveplane:
also the damage the b25 could take was heavy
because off the steel
body, not like british bombers of wood and
canvas, in this i think its wood and canvas
=b25 a ki sawed me in half , how unrealistic

lol http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/354.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Steel? Surely it is made from aluminium alloy.

And the British bombers were made from aluminium alloy as well!

clint-ruin
11-08-2004, 11:21 PM
If it was the Ki84c be glad you only got sawed in half :&gt;

Bull_dog_
11-09-2004, 07:23 PM
As far as damage modelling goes, I don't believe the Mitchell was particularly noteworthy either in a good or a bad way with regard to the damage it could sustain.

The Marauder, on the otherhand, along with the Flying Fortress had a reputation of being tough and able to withstand substantial battle damage.

Of course all this is anectodotal, but I would expect the Mitchell to be kinda average in terms of damage modelling.

JaBo_HH-BlackSheep
11-10-2004, 07:02 AM
well the B25 i have in game is acutally pretty tough....(not counting MK108, but these are made to **** up bombers...)

Col_Tibbetts
11-11-2004, 08:53 AM
This thread is wandering a bit.

Back on topic. Can anyone get it to hold alt with the level stabilizer? If so plz post your solution.

Thanks.

plumps_
11-11-2004, 12:09 PM
That's what I did to fly level with the stabilizer engaged:

Fuel 50%
Weapons 3x1000lbs

Altitude 5000 m
Engage Superchargers
Throttle 100%
Speed 300 kph IAS

Engage Level Stabilizer
Engage Combat Flaps

Watch altimeter and variometer, trim (I had to trim DOWN to keep flying level).

Here's the track (for PF 3.0 stand-alone exclusively) (http://www.webdesign-bu.de/extern/PF30standalone_B25levelbombing.zip).