PDA

View Full Version : Super Diving A6M5s?

Curtiss-P6E-Hawk
10-22-2004, 10:40 PM
I discovered tonight that an A6M5 can dive with the P-40 from 10k then catch it. I thought maybe I did something wrong so I tried it again. I climbed to 10k, let an A6M5 get close to me but maintained a safe? speed, nose down dive, buffetttt (compress) then level off and BOOM, A6M5 right there!!!!

Whats up wit dat?

Curtiss-P6E-Hawk
10-22-2004, 10:40 PM
I discovered tonight that an A6M5 can dive with the P-40 from 10k then catch it. I thought maybe I did something wrong so I tried it again. I climbed to 10k, let an A6M5 get close to me but maintained a safe? speed, nose down dive, buffetttt (compress) then level off and BOOM, A6M5 right there!!!!

Whats up wit dat?

BlakJakOfSpades
10-22-2004, 10:41 PM
if its AI, AI cheats

VW-IceFire
10-22-2004, 11:13 PM
If its the AI...then yes...its cheating...not a fair test. If its against a human opponent...you are probably diving at a speed where the Zero's manuverability is totally zapped. Regardless of historical diving abilities...you can and should outmanuver the Zero in the P-40 (which has better high speed manuvering) by reversing your dive, getting up above and around him. He'll probably be fighting to pull out and his ailerons will be virtually uselss.

LuftLuver
10-23-2004, 01:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
If its the AI...then yes...its cheating...not a fair test. If its against a human opponent...you are probably diving at a speed where the Zero's manuverability is totally zapped. Regardless of historical diving abilities...you can and should outmanuver the Zero in the P-40 (which has better high speed manuvering) by reversing your dive, getting up above and around him. He'll probably be fighting to pull out and his ailerons will be virtually uselss. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes.

This tactic also used to hold true when fighting against the Fb109. Sadly, this has been whined away as well and now is no more elevator control problem for 109. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

No gun flash, no stiff control at high speed, no blackout, more more more more. Oleg we want it all for our 109. More. Keep going, never stop improving this plane with each patch. I want to take it to LoMac and kill F15.

WUAF_Badsight
10-23-2004, 02:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LuftLuver:
I want to take it to LoMac and kill F15. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>so not just the P-51 can do it now ?

JaBo_HH-BlackSheep
10-23-2004, 02:46 AM
@LuftLuver

stop bull****ing around.

the 109 is not ├╝ber regardless of your little mind.

it still has the elevator problem and bad high-speed caracteristics, it still blacks out there has nothing changed for it, maybe the low-speed handling got better but this fits for all planes in FB+AEP+PF.
Oh and the gun-Flashes have been changed for all planes...
the F4-3 Wildcat gave me a hard time in my F4, i lost fight against that guy (at 3k) later we changed planes i got him on the 2nd pass.
Equal energy state.

Planes were BF109F4 vs F4-3 Wildcat
meeting and fighting at almost same energy state.

PBNA-Boosher
10-23-2004, 05:54 AM
When the British FAA started using Martlett's (British versions of the Wildcat) over the skies of Norway and Europe, also in North Africa, The Luftwaffe didn't know what to do. Not only had they completely no idea what type of plane they were fighting against, but it could do everything except climb better than their Bf-109. Most people think of the Martlett's and it's friend in the USAAF, the P-36, to be horrible planes. In fact, this was just the opposite. They didn't use the right tactics in the Pacific, so they lost, but in Europe, the P-36, or H-75, could out turn, out dive, and generally easily outfly the Bf-109's being used at the time. The Martletts and Wildcats gave the Germans a hell of a hard time when they were used. The Corsair and Hellcat proved their worth in the sinking of the Tirpitz, but then again, these planes were also great in the Pacific theater.

VW-IceFire
10-23-2004, 09:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LuftLuver:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
If its the AI...then yes...its cheating...not a fair test. If its against a human opponent...you are probably diving at a speed where the Zero's manuverability is totally zapped. Regardless of historical diving abilities...you can and should outmanuver the Zero in the P-40 (which has better high speed manuvering) by reversing your dive, getting up above and around him. He'll probably be fighting to pull out and his ailerons will be virtually uselss. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes.

This tactic also used to hold true when fighting against the Fb109. Sadly, this has been whined away as well and now is no more elevator control problem for 109. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

No gun flash, no stiff control at high speed, no blackout, more more more more. Oleg we want it all for our 109. More. Keep going, never stop improving this plane with each patch. I want to take it to LoMac and kill F15. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
The P-40, P-47, P-51 still have much better control authority at 500+ kph than the 109. Gauranteed. Especially the heavier 109's (G-10, K-4, etc.). So a viable tactic is indeed to lure them into a high speed dive and attempt to pull a tigher manuver to put you in a position of advantage.

The 109 pilots are wize of this mind you and I know I've learned to pursue at a slower speed but at a anticipatory angle to try and be on their tail when they pull out. Its tricky...but thats WWII air combat.

Von_Zero
10-23-2004, 03:31 PM
sorry for being OT here...
LuftLuver, (with the risk of being banned for personal attacks), ur realy starting to get everyone on their nerves..... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif so will'ya be so kind and forget the adress of this forum for the rest of ur life? Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

TX-WarHawk
10-23-2004, 06:03 PM
Wait... Fb109?! Efbee109?! WTF, why are people making new accounts?
Can't someone just live with one?