PDA

View Full Version : Getting PF to recognize 5th controller

dswo
06-15-2007, 03:58 PM
Until this afternoon, I had four controllers, of which I really only used three in PF:

1. Saitek ST290 joystick
2. CH yoke (not used)
3. CH pedals
4. Nostromo N52 keypad

This afternoon, I added a Saitek X45. I installed the current drivers, and Windows XP recognizes it fine. I've also tested it in Flight Simulator X. The throttle at least works fine, which is what I bought it for. But I can't get PF to recognize it. In the HOTAS section, I click on the power axis, move the throttle up, and...nothing. I've tried rerunning setup, and also letting PF rebuild conf.ini from scratch. No joy. Any suggestions?

dswo
06-15-2007, 03:58 PM
Until this afternoon, I had four controllers, of which I really only used three in PF:

1. Saitek ST290 joystick
2. CH yoke (not used)
3. CH pedals
4. Nostromo N52 keypad

This afternoon, I added a Saitek X45. I installed the current drivers, and Windows XP recognizes it fine. I've also tested it in Flight Simulator X. The throttle at least works fine, which is what I bought it for. But I can't get PF to recognize it. In the HOTAS section, I click on the power axis, move the throttle up, and...nothing. I've tried rerunning setup, and also letting PF rebuild conf.ini from scratch. No joy. Any suggestions?

FritzGryphon
06-15-2007, 04:15 PM
Take out the yoke.

No 5th controller in IL-2, AFAIK.

horseback
06-15-2007, 04:48 PM
I normally use CH Combatstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant and a Saitek Game Commander to play Il-2...I combine the first three CH controllers into one controller using the CH Control Manager program.

If you still want to use your CH Yoke, combine it with the Pro Pedals and you're back down to 4 controllers.

cheers

horseback

dswo
06-15-2007, 05:30 PM
Thanks for the quick response, gentlemen.

Combining the yoke and pedals seems like it would work. If possible, though, I'd prefer not to go that route, because it would mean reprogramming my other sims.

Is there anything I can do in conf.ini that would make PF skip the yoke and recognize X45 as the fourth device?

Cajun76
06-16-2007, 12:37 AM
Unplug the yoke temporarily, run PF and then plug it back in? Problem is, if it works, it might not work after reboot....

Akronnick
06-16-2007, 12:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dswo:
Thanks for the quick response, gentlemen.

Combining the yoke and pedals seems like it would work. If possible, though, I'd prefer not to go that route, because it would mean reprogramming my other sims.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

YOu can simply switch the ch control manager to direct mode when your are playing your other games, no need to reprogram or unplug anything.

dswo
06-16-2007, 06:46 AM
Problem solved! Thank you again.

raaaid
06-16-2007, 07:42 AM
sigh and me who flies with a mouse, keyboard and saitek evo only http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

dswo
06-16-2007, 08:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">sigh and me who flies with a mouse, keyboard and saitek evo only http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I bought the X45 on Ebay for US$20 with shipping. No real promises from the seller, except that Windows would recognize it, and I assumed that the joystick would be in bad shape. Which was right! But the throttle is smooth, and I really like the trim dials. I've got one of them for elevator trim, and the other I'm using for prop management.

Cajun76
06-16-2007, 08:20 AM
What exactly worked for you? It may come up again...

dswo
06-16-2007, 08:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What exactly worked for you? It may come up again... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I followed horseback's advice and used the CH software to combine my pedals and yoke into one device. Tricky part, for PF, was getting the toe brakes to work. In the CH software, I needed to explicitly assign each toe brake to a different slider on device 1.