PDA

View Full Version : First Flight Out.

XyZspineZyX
08-05-2003, 01:54 PM
Well last night was my first flight online. I loaded the game and figured it was best to just jump in the pool and get my feet wet. Being totally new to flight sims, THIS ROCKS! I have raced NR2003 online for a while and it gives you the challenge of competition but its nothing like running for your life lol. I expected to get shot down quite often as everyone is better than me but after being waxed 10-15 times, I finally got a kill. I had a hard time turning the thing off! If anyone sees that guy with the big target on his back - gimme a couple warning shots or the finger so I know you are there lol.

XyZspineZyX
08-05-2003, 01:54 PM
Well last night was my first flight online. I loaded the game and figured it was best to just jump in the pool and get my feet wet. Being totally new to flight sims, THIS ROCKS! I have raced NR2003 online for a while and it gives you the challenge of competition but its nothing like running for your life lol. I expected to get shot down quite often as everyone is better than me but after being waxed 10-15 times, I finally got a kill. I had a hard time turning the thing off! If anyone sees that guy with the big target on his back - gimme a couple warning shots or the finger so I know you are there lol.

XyZspineZyX
08-05-2003, 02:02 PM
Welcome to the addiction!

As an earlier target drone I know what you mean!

I'm told it improves with time. Not sure what or how much time. But thats what they tell me! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-05-2003, 02:03 PM
Ah the first kill is sweet. And when you learn some new tricks and advance in skill its only gets better. Find a wingman to fly with and your survival chances will increase.

I assume you didnt see this thread cos its hidden 10 pages back or something but you might want to check it out:
http://forums.ubi.com/messages/message_view-topic.asp?name=us_il2sturmovik_gd&id=zbzsf
Lotsa helpful tips for newbies. Good luck /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif