PDA

View Full Version : How do I stop my save from messing up.

Da_Junka
05-04-2006, 01:19 AM
Could someone please explain how to stop my save game losing all my past achievements and stuff, I€m really confused here.

BueJack
05-04-2006, 11:14 AM
Which version, patches and mods are you running.

This is a necessary question - Are you sure you have a non-pirated copy running. There was another person who found out that they had a bogus game sold to him by a local store http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

PC specs would help here
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Da_Junka
05-04-2006, 12:34 PM
I am running version 1.4b and the only mod I have is the English recognition manual mod.
I do hope this is a original version, I got it of eBay but it was posted from the far east, it certainly looks original right down to the hologram and poxy starforce protection.
Anyway, all was okay until my 7th mission then I lost all my achievements from previous missions.
Could it be that I patched it to 1.4b while back at base after mission 6?
It said somewhere in the release notes that it
was okay to patch if you had completed your mission and was back at base.

AMD64 3200+
Nforce4 mobo
Nvidia 7800 GT
Realtek onboard sound
2 gig memory

Da_Junka
05-05-2006, 03:22 AM
How come no one's answering me, is it because I don€t drive and I smoke ***s?

Rudeltaktik1963
05-05-2006, 04:49 AM
I've had this problem once as well, after 4 patrols. Not sure why, as the only thing different was that I upped my ram to a gig.

I deleted the game entirely then reinstalled, and patched to 1.4b on the new install, then added back my mods before starting a new career and all has been well since....(rudeltaktik1963 crosses his fingers). It was a pain having to lose my first career of four patrols I had completed, but at least the game seems to run fine now!

Hope you get it sorted so you can still enjoy this fantastic game!

Da_Junka
05-05-2006, 07:26 AM
Guess Im going to have to restart, just like you did, I was kicking props as well.
It dosent look like anyone has a fix for this so it looks to be my only option.
Thanks for replying Rude your a Gent.

HeibgesU999
05-05-2006, 09:09 AM
The Save feature in SH3, like SH2 was very poorly tested.

Avoid doing the following things.

1. Don't save while submerged.
2. Don't save while in enemy contact.
3. If you have two or more careers, do not have more than one active patrol at a time.
4. Do not post to forums while the game is minimized.