PDA

View Full Version : Weather Reports completely silly ???

Beddoes
05-08-2005, 02:34 PM
Hi everybody,

I have a real problem with the weather and the reports of the navigator.

I've been going through windy and stormy and rainy weather for about 5 days (gametime). And for all the 5 days I get the same same odd weather report from my navigator:

Cloudy, NO !!! rain, strong fog, and wind at 6 metres per second from direction 322 degrees...

That's a real joke ain't it ???

I mean there ist all the time i entered the bridge rain outside and the navigator says NO RAIN......who the fu** made that blind man a navigator ???

And the second thing is that it seems to be very curious to me to have EXACTLY the same weather for 5 days in a row.....

The very worst thing is that I dunno if I can believe the message of STRONG FOG.... when I tried to attack a ship once it seemed to be true, because the first time I could see the ship it was closer than 500 metres, and it was nearly impossible to attack successfully with this low visibility.
But after the buggy rain report I have no idea if I can trust the fog report of that blind navigator......maybe he sees always strong fog because he is really blind ???

Has anyone experienced the same or can help me how to make my navigator report the true weather? Would be really great !!

Just as additional information: This guy is not tired and I have the latest patch installed.

Thanks for any help.

Beddoes

quillan
05-08-2005, 02:49 PM
Did you load a save while the weather was like that? I've found certain things that don't work quite right when loading savegames. One of them is the weather. The watch crew ALWAYS is wearing fair weather clothing when you load, and the navigator always says NO PRECIPITATION, even if it's pouring down rain. He usually keeps track of the fog and wind speed correctly, though.

Praetorian_Elite
05-08-2005, 03:55 PM
Maybe it's just a slow moving storm. I haven't even seen any rain except once and the navigator said it was raining when it really was. I don't trust him about spotting ships in fog though.

I saw a ship and he didn't until we were about 100 meters closer.

Beddoes
05-08-2005, 04:07 PM
Yes this was a loaded savegame.... maybe that's it where the bug comes from.... hope they'll fix it.