PDA

View Full Version : P-47 how many fly it and what are some tips

blackpulpit1970
01-25-2006, 07:19 AM
Hello all i was wondering if there are some dedicated 47 drivers out there who fly this bird online alot, and what are your thoughts on convergence and rad settings and pp settings. I know many have the wobble problem with this plane but i managed to downplay it by my pitch and yaw settings being lowered, any way what are your thoughts and tactics in this plane. I have been flyin this plane and the P-38 for a little while now to learn the allied planes.

blackpulpit1970
01-25-2006, 07:19 AM
Hello all i was wondering if there are some dedicated 47 drivers out there who fly this bird online alot, and what are your thoughts on convergence and rad settings and pp settings. I know many have the wobble problem with this plane but i managed to downplay it by my pitch and yaw settings being lowered, any way what are your thoughts and tactics in this plane. I have been flyin this plane and the P-38 for a little while now to learn the allied planes.

Owlsphone
01-25-2006, 08:09 AM
I've only flown this plane a few times online strictly as a fighter. If I choose the 47 it's for the bomber role. But, the one thing I have noticed about the players that are successful with the Thunderbolt as a fighter is that they are always much much higher than anyone else in the game. By this I mean that they are usually high enough to be making contrails.

So my advice is stay high.

That's about all I can say about the tactics from what I've noticed to be successful. I'm sure a dedicated 47 driver will come along and give you better tips.

Jumoschwanz
01-25-2006, 08:12 AM
Fly them as fast as you can at all times.

Jumoschwanz

danjama
01-25-2006, 08:14 AM
It is a very fast plane, and easy to trim up and get the best out of it!!

It is the best plane in game above 8000m, it totally pwns at that altitude, even against Ta152 and Dora. Its a great planeas long as you dont try to turn in it. Has a nasty tendency to spin even at high speeds if your not cautious of the elevator sensitivity, so watch out.

p1ngu666
01-25-2006, 08:18 AM
split your mg and cannon convergance
then u can poke someone at long range http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

i use 250/350 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

u can overheat the engine for along time, so run max power if u need it

AustinPowers_
01-25-2006, 08:51 AM
Its a great plane...

it can play with Antons no problem... but beware of Doras below 7,000 Meters.

Same with BF-109s... they will outturn and outclimb you no problem, so hit and run only below 7k.

horseback
01-25-2006, 09:35 AM
Check out this thread:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/8951031104/p/1

On the second page, there is a discription of flying the P-47D-10, and the joystick settings & practical techniques I used to get it through a pretty demanding 'rat racing' course on the Smolensk map in QMB.

I think you'll find it useful.

cheers

horseback

Diablo310th
01-25-2006, 02:54 PM
Never enter a fight under 20,000 ft. keep your speed around 250mph+ and never turn more than 90 degrees in a fight. After attacking zoom climb up and away or dive and extend. My conv. is set at 265 for each set of guns. but i have inner and outer guns de-synched by way of a macro. Keep radiator closed at all times....it takes forever to heat up. Save your water injection for fighting. Keep prop on auto and or 100%. Do not ever try to turn fight anything in a Jug. Strictly B&Z fighting. Watch your speed and keep it high.

Kwiatos
01-25-2006, 02:59 PM
P-47 actually is only flying pork tank. Its roll rate at high speed is worse then Zeke. So what that you could dive as fast if you are not manoverable at these speeds?
P-47 is no more effectivness as a Boom&Zoom plane like was in 3.04.

MLudner
01-25-2006, 03:25 PM
Dive.

Even when you're on the deck, dive.

Ground? Don't worry about the ground. The Jug is so tough it will simply bore its way through straight to China. You then just need to take the shortest route back to the ETO, or join the operations in the PTO. You could join the Flying Tigers, for example.

BaldieJr
01-25-2006, 03:29 PM
Tip: don't fall for the "use reverse gear" trick. Also, there is no pool on the roof of the hangar.

Lordbutter4
01-25-2006, 05:08 PM
Its definetly not a plane for beginners for many reasons.

1. 50 cals.. If your going to fly this plane, better start getting used to these. Forget snap shot kills, park yourself on thier 6, and stay with them.

2. You can fight low. In fact you can destroy FW's who think they can outfight you. The problem down low is 109's. This takes alot of practice though. Its not something a beginner will be able to do. You have to have the feel for this plane.

3. Speed is good. Your fairly fast. Not FW fast, but you can hold your own. A Fw cant outrun you like they love to do.

4. When all else fails, if you have altitude, dive away. Not much can keep with you here. But you will need alot of altitude. Dont expect miricles diving at 3000 ft.