PDA

View Full Version : Important bugs with test runway no 4

lowfighter
06-15-2005, 12:40 AM
The invisible runway (runway no. 4) is a nice addition and a good tool for mission builders to construct even more exciting missions for the comunity. In version 4.00 however it's not working properly:
1. Even when the runway is placed on level ground, and one sees the wheels of aircraft touching the ground,upon trying to taxi off the runway, when the airplane reaches the edge of the runway it sinks in the ground bounces back and in many cases becomes unoperational or even explodes. Different aircrafts have different chances of survival. I repeat , the plane wheels touch the ground all the time while taxiing off untill the very last moment when the disaster happens.
2. In dogfight mode runway no 4 gives allways airstart (according to pacetid and my trials).

For more details :
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/50910533/m/2681025823

Blackjack174
06-15-2005, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by lowfighter:
The invisible runway (runway no. 4) is a nice addition and a good tool for mission builders to construct even more exciting missions for the comunity. In version 4.00 however it's not working properly:
1. Even when the runway is placed on level ground, and one sees the wheels of aircraft touching the ground,upon trying to taxi off the runway, when the airplane reaches the edge of the runway it sinks in the ground bounces back and in many cases becomes unoperational or even explodes. Different aircrafts have different chances of survival. I repeat , the plane wheels touch the ground all the time while taxiing off untill the very last moment when the disaster happens.
2. In dogfight mode runway no 4 gives allways airstart (according to pacetid and my trials).

Only fix for #1 I known is to place several TestRunway4 side by side and therefor cover the Taxi areas and parking spaces. looks a bit stupid with all that white markers but works

lowfighter
06-16-2005, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by Blackjack174:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lowfighter:

Only fix for #1 I known is to place several TestRunway4 side by side and therefor cover the Taxi areas and parking spaces. looks a bit stupid with all that white markers but works </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes this works. Another positive thing is that one can taxi off the new runway 3.
As to runways in dogfight maps, it is a big confussion in my and a couple of other people heads who tried to figure out what's going on. Runway 3 and 4 give airstart, so they are rather useless. I would be really glad if someone could give some explanation to this. I'm talking now about v4.01.