PDA

View Full Version : Pickpocketing on PC?

eskimosound
04-19-2008, 08:17 PM
What controls are they for the PC and please dont say button 0 and button what because I a havent a clue what that refers to. Can you tell me left or right mouse button or whatever, I don't know what is a high profile and a low profile move.
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

BoozerDawg
04-19-2008, 09:07 PM
To pick pocket, first lock on to the target (F key) then walk up behind them and hold Left Shift (it will say in the top right that you can pickpocket). Move in behind him and bingo http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

eskimosound
04-20-2008, 02:21 AM
mmm its doing my swede in.
If I do that, I just push him out of the way.

Its not working at all and I can't find the answer on Google either!!!

Can anyone make it clearer please ?

drego5
04-20-2008, 02:29 AM
1) Lock onto target.

2) When target is done talking and starts to walk away, follow slowly, keeping a safe distance.

3) When you're in range, the top-left HUD item, the button identifier, will show the option to Pickpocket. This will be done with the button that normally controls your sword.

4) The cake is a lie. (Couldn't think of a 4th step.)

miladesn22
04-20-2008, 02:33 AM
You first need to lock on your target then go near him without getting his attention, If you look at the top-right corner of the screen you can see that the label for "free-hand button " has changed to pickpocket, now you need to press and hold free hand button and try to reach your hand to his pocket remember you must hold the button, if your hand touches the pocket your good to go, just look inn the option to see what button is mapped to free-hand if you don't know what button is, it's the same button you use for gentle-push, grab and etc.

eskimosound
04-20-2008, 02:51 AM
I've cracked it, press and HOLD DOWN F to lock and then get up close behind him and press shift (While holding down F)

Lhorkan
04-20-2008, 03:06 AM
I think you accidentally changed a setting for the controls. Normally you only have to press F once to lock on, but you can make it so you have to hold it down. That's a ***** during combat though, you're better off with the sticky lock.

eskimosound
04-20-2008, 04:50 AM
mmm my Default was hold it down!!
Ive turned it into a sticky now though.
Thanks

Nico2000nl
02-28-2015, 11:54 AM
To pick pocket, first lock on to the target (F key) then walk up behind them and hold Left Shift (it will say in the top right that you can pickpocket). Move in behind him and bingo http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

How do you "lock on"? Not the F-key, cause that's the "use tool" key, (like smoke bombs and stuff).

Nico2000nl
02-28-2015, 11:58 AM
I've cracked it, press and HOLD DOWN F to lock and then get up close behind him and press shift (While holding down F)

Nope... Just pushes the guy out of the way... The F-key just doesn't makes him "lock at target". The F-key is the "use tool" key...