PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed in Feudal Japan

Backd00rIntrudr
06-02-2011, 09:25 PM
Would that not be SICK??? WHO'S WITH ME?!

Gasketfuse
06-02-2011, 10:30 PM
Seems kind of cliche...Desmond doesn't look too asian to me.

kriegerdesgottes
06-02-2011, 10:38 PM
NO!!!!!! It would not be "Sick". It would make absolutely no sense whatsoever. Desmond's ancestor, we know for sure, was in Italy in the sixteenth century so what are the chances that he would have any Japanese ancestors at all period? ZERO! You can't even use the argument "oh well maybe his ancestors went there later". Do you know what Japanese policies on foreigners were like anytime before the 1900's? let me tell you not good. They usually just killed people for being anywhere near their island." Oh but get it ninjas and assassins? wouldn't that be cool?" NO! maybe if it was a different descendant with Japanese or even Chinese ancestry but in Desmond's case it would be ridiculous and would not/should never happen. oh and btw the whole point of AC is to go to places that are usually not used in games like venice or jerusalem. There are more than enough games out there about ninjas/samuarai in Japan. NO FEUDAL JAPAN!

Assassin_M
06-02-2011, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
NO!!!!!! It would not be "Sick". It would make absolutely no sense whatsoever. Desmond's ancestor, we know for sure, was in Italy in the sixteenth century so what are the chances that he would have any Japanese ancestors at all period? ZERO! You can't even use the argument "oh well maybe his ancestors went there later". Do you know what Japanese policies on foreigners were like anytime before the 1900's? let me tell you not good. They usually just killed people for being anywhere near their island." Oh but get it ninjas and assassins? wouldn't that be cool?" NO! maybe if it was a different descendant with Japanese or even Chinese ancestry but in Desmond's case it would be ridiculous and would not/should never happen. oh and btw the whole point of AC is to go to places that are usually not used in games like venice or jerusalem. There are more than enough games out there about ninjas/samuarai in Japan. NO FEUDAL JAPAN!

Woah take it easy man, its not like he is saying a concrete fact thatwill happen, he is just throwing a bone and you just seem like a mad dog"no insults intended"

Moultonborough
06-02-2011, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:

I agree. Just like with WW 2 games it just way over done. It would be cliché to do it in Japan. I see why it would be a cool setting for a AC game but there is no need for it. As others have said Desmond looks nothing like Japanese so he can't have had any ancestor there. I'm not saying there are no Assassins in Japan, but only that we will not visit there ourselves. It will always stay in Europe.

kriegerdesgottes
06-03-2011, 12:35 AM
lol sorry that came off kind of jerk-like but I am sooo sick of hearing the Japan thing at this point. It would just not make sense and the only argument people seem to have is " hey wouldn't that be cool cuz like they are kinda like ninjas right and so they should be like ninjas." It makes me want to scream at this point lol.

albertwesker22
06-03-2011, 01:09 AM
It will always stay in Europe.

Oh really? Masyaf, Jerusalem, Damasqus, Acre... They were all in Europe?

payrob07
06-03-2011, 01:26 AM
bad idea. Japan is irrelevant to the series.

Xanatos2007
06-03-2011, 01:50 AM
While I'd love to see an authentic Ninja-themed stealth game (not Tenchu) that style of shadow stealth gameplay doesn't fit with the AC style.

Originally posted by albertwesker22:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It will always stay in Europe.

Oh really? Masyaf, Jerusalem, Damasqus, Acre... They were all in Europe? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Erm... yes, because the Middle East is technically part of Europe?

nightpriestess
06-03-2011, 01:51 AM
I honestly doubt, at this point, it's ever going to happen. Especially since every AC game, the historical part gets a little closer to the modern day.

Also, would the Templar and Assassin's influence even reach that far East at that point? And I mean major influence like how both had in Rome, not some random outpost.

albertwesker22
06-03-2011, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by payrob07:
bad idea. Japan is irrelevant to the series.

My thoughts exactly, there are more than enough games set in feudal Japan. AC is supposed to explore places not much visited in video games. I have been acquainted with feudal Japan and bombarded by it in video games since I was 6(When I got the first Tenchu game)

Though any other part of Asia would be fine to visit if its set in the 1800's. By that time the British Empire was so huge, that it controlled half the world. So it wouldn't be unusual for a person of European decent to be living in any Asian country.

Backd00rIntrudr
06-03-2011, 02:03 AM
Well I can see where you're all coming from. Its definitely irrelevant to the Desmond story. But hey, why religiously stick to the that plot line anyways? I mean just from the statues in the sanctuary, we know there was a chinese assassins guild, a mongolian assassins guild, an ancient egyption assassins guild.... It wouldn't be -that- far of a stretch. The assassins are pretty much the most kickass ninjas in the gaming world out there as it is - why not just make it official, Ubisoft. WHO'S WITH ME?!

albertwesker22
06-03-2011, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
While I'd love to see an authentic Ninja-themed stealth game (not Tenchu) that style of shadow stealth gameplay doesn't fit with the AC style.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by albertwesker22:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It will always stay in Europe.

Oh really? Masyaf, Jerusalem, Damasqus, Acre... They were all in Europe? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Erm... yes, because the Middle East is technically part of Europe? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its in Asia. The Middle East is connected to Europe but they are not one in the same thing. Pakistan boarders China and India, Isreal boarders Egypt Africa.

England has no land bridge to Europe yet is considered a part of it.

phil.llllll
06-03-2011, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
Erm... yes, because the Middle East is technically part of Europe?

Technically part of asia... or were you being sarcastic? It's hard to tell sometimes.

Black_Widow9
06-03-2011, 10:40 AM
Hello and welcome to the Forums http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
Please use the Find button to search for previously created Topics.
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>