PDA

View Full Version : Can't get fx to show up

baarssen
02-06-2010, 07:32 PM
I can get the fx contained in the fx selections to show up in the editor. but if i try to use one from the data0.pack it doesn't show up. I have extracted the data0.pack in the installation dir and also placed the fx folder in the mydocuments/call of jaurez-bound in blood/data dir
but still won't show up.

baarssen
02-06-2010, 07:32 PM
I can get the fx contained in the fx selections to show up in the editor. but if i try to use one from the data0.pack it doesn't show up. I have extracted the data0.pack in the installation dir and also placed the fx folder in the mydocuments/call of jaurez-bound in blood/data dir
but still won't show up.

seir
02-07-2010, 04:43 AM
First of all tell me what FX you are trying to use.

The second thing is that you don't have to unpack any .PAK files. As you can see all the data from .PAK files are visible by editor so when you unpacked the .PAK file you could make two mistakes:
- place all the files in wrong place
- duplicate the files in .PAK file and in unpacked filesystem

Not every FX can be used on map and I can't actually tell you why because I'm not the FX programmer and I don't know what was the core idea of that...

baarssen
02-07-2010, 08:27 AM
I am trying to use groundspringwater or something suitable for a fountain. I didn't think that you needed to unpack data file but thought i'd give it a try when I couldn't get it to work. The problem was that i had continuous and sequence checked.

seir
02-07-2010, 12:36 PM
You need to turn on "Sequence" only if in FX name there's "*_sequence.fx" present.

george1900
02-09-2010, 04:18 AM
<span class="ev_code_RED">***spam and advertising links removed***</span>