PDA

View Full Version : AI navigation lights??

christopher65
11-30-2004, 12:33 PM
Just wondered if you can turn these off-who would fly over enemy flak ith them on???

christopher65
11-30-2004, 12:33 PM
Just wondered if you can turn these off-who would fly over enemy flak ith them on???

Von_Zero
11-30-2004, 04:24 PM
u can turn then on/off by pushing a certain key. IIRC, there is no default one, so you must bind one for "toogle nav lights".

SeaFireLIV
11-30-2004, 04:37 PM
Got a feeling he means AI...

musickna
11-30-2004, 04:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SeaFireLIV:
Got a feeling he means AI... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me too. Still, it is disconcerting, when mission building, to see your carefully planned nocturnal bombing raids accompanied by a Christmas lights display!

Antonio_MRZ
12-01-2004, 02:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by musickna:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SeaFireLIV:
Got a feeling he means AI... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me too. Still, it is disconcerting, when mission building, to see your carefully planned nocturnal bombing raids accompanied by a Christmas lights display! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But I believe that AI Flak can see at night too,
however are navlights (on or off)... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Tooz_69GIAP
12-01-2004, 02:17 AM
I was flying in a Normandie Niemen mission, and it was a night mission with Heinkels coming in to bomb my airfield.

The heinkels had nav lights on, as did the Yaks, but as soon as the bombers were sighted by one of the wingmen, nav lights went off. And as soon as the Yaks attacked the Heinkels, the Heinkel nav lights went off as well.

However, as soon as the Heinkels had ended their bomb run and were on their way home, their nav lights came back on, and stayed on even as the Yaks continued their attack.

SeaFireLIV
12-01-2004, 03:45 AM
Yea. It`s dumb, I dunno why they keep this. It`s TOTALLY illogical. Maybe it`s to help us fight at night cos it`s so dark, but it`s so d a m n unrealistic. I`d rather struggle to find the target than have them sparkle like an Xmas tree for my benefit. If you hit a bomber and it burns then it shows up pretty well anyway. Perhaps it `s lower in priority because not many battles happen at night?

Please correct this Oleg.

It`s the only thing that ruins great night missions.

christopher65
12-01-2004, 11:06 AM
The thing is though that a LOT of combat did happen at night and it seems a shame not to be able to recreate this to a semi realistic way.Think this a much bigger issue than if my 109F2 is 5kph faster than my F4 etc etc....

plumps_
12-01-2004, 08:08 PM
What bugs me is that FB was sold with beautiful pictures of searchlights scanning the night sky. So you'd expect to fight some night missions?

But then they actually ruin their own beautiful work with these stupid navigation lights that turn night fighting into a farce...