PDA

View Full Version : Battle Over Europe add-on w/ PF merged install?

mareis1977
04-06-2005, 01:33 AM
I just got the Battle Over Europe add-on, and installed it over my FB/AEP/PF merged install, and when I try to play a BOE campaign, I get an error about dgen.exe crashing when I finish the first mission. trying to go ahead to the next one gets me an error about the mission being missing.

Is anyone running it like this successfully, or will I need to install a separate copy of just FB?

mareis1977
04-06-2005, 01:33 AM
I just got the Battle Over Europe add-on, and installed it over my FB/AEP/PF merged install, and when I try to play a BOE campaign, I get an error about dgen.exe crashing when I finish the first mission. trying to go ahead to the next one gets me an error about the mission being missing.

Is anyone running it like this successfully, or will I need to install a separate copy of just FB?

altstiff
04-06-2005, 01:44 AM
I did mine in this order and all works fine.

IL-2 FB
BOE Add-On
AEP
BOE AEP Patch from Just Flight
PF merged
PF BOE unofficial patch found on the web (search this forum not sure of the link, add's B-25 dynamic campaign)

-HH-Quazi
04-06-2005, 04:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mareis1977:

Is anyone running it like this successfully, or will I need to install a separate copy of just FB? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I stink you just got a bad install for some reason. Here is the order I use and have had no problems, and believe me, I have installed and reinstalled this game probably 6 times over the last two months because of reformatting and various other reasons.

1. FB boxed
2. AEP boxed
3. BOE boxed
4. BOE patch
5. BOE Night-Skins patch
6. PF boxed
7. PF patch 3.03m (100mb)
8. PF patch 3.04m over 3.03m

I am fixing to reinstall it again because of a reformat job. I was thinking about changing the sequence up a little and installing BOE after I have PF fully merged and patched. It really shouldn't matter. It should work just as well. One thing I have found out is that after every install, you should crank the game up and fly a bit. I just go into the QMB and hit the fly button and fly the A-20 for a bit. But do this after every install. The only trouble I have ever had is when I installed everything without cranking the game up in between.

SpartanHoplite
04-06-2005, 05:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by -HH-Quazi:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mareis1977:

Is anyone running it like this successfully, or will I need to install a separate copy of just FB? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I stink you just got a bad install for some reason. Here is the order I use and have had no problems, and believe me, I have installed and reinstalled this game probably 6 times over the last two months because of reformatting and various other reasons.

1. FB boxed
2. AEP boxed
3. BOE boxed
4. BOE patch
5. BOE Night-Skins patch
6. PF boxed
7. PF patch 3.03m (100mb)
8. PF patch 3.04m over 3.03m

I am fixing to reinstall it again because of a reformat job. I was thinking about changing the sequence up a little and installing BOE after I have PF fully merged and patched. It really shouldn't matter. It should work just as well. One thing I have found out is that after every install, you should crank the game up and fly a bit. I just go into the QMB and hit the fly button and fly the A-20 for a bit. But do this after every install. The only trouble I have ever had is when I installed everything without cranking the game up in between. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really? Why would that make a difference?

SH

mareis1977
04-06-2005, 08:37 AM
Thanks guys. I'll try reinstalling with all the patches today.

Also, will this affect my ability to play online in the 3.04m servers?

dieg777
04-06-2005, 10:18 AM
quazi - where did you get nightskins patch ?